|Birthdays on 01-01-2017|
|JTeacher, NPC Contact (102 Years Old), Dragon of Othard (97 Years Old), MrBartleby (79 Years Old), Layla Bell (66 Years Old), aria (57 Years Old), Aerys Darkstriker (47 Years Old), MagicalReset (46 Years Old), Brodie111 (42 Years Old),
|Mystic Runestone [Balmung]|
|04-05-2015, 08:00 PM - 04-05-2019, 11:00 PM|
The Tower of Hyur
Repeats every week on Sunday
The combat for Mystic Runestone is the tried and true method used in other competitions and your average duel. Through the use of the <Shell Necklace> mages can fight without worry of the debilitating effects of their spells. This is not your brawlers bloodbath, but a true artists competition to test new spells and powers.
Taking into account the lore that mage classes have a far higher magic defense and access to protective spells, defensive emotes can be quite imaginative from a simple Shell spell to protect your own <Shell Necklace> layers, or even countering a fireball by transposing or reversing it.
Though the Runestone is purely magical, hybrid classes -can- attend but must fight without physical attacks. Handcasters and Bladecasters shall be allowed to participate, though this may change if problems arise.
Combat is broken down into a few simple steps.
1) Both opponents will agree to use either a http://www.rolz.org room or the /random feature for their match.
2) Both opponents roll initiative. The highest roll wins and attacks first.
3) The attacking player writes their post in a custom emote using /em. After posting, they roll their die.
4) The defending player rolls their die to defend. If the defender rolls higher than the attack, they have successfully avoided damage. A lower roll means they have been struck. In the event of a tie, reroll both attack and defense. Regardless, after determining the result, the defender then posts their /emote to show the effect.
5) Switch roles and repeat. The defender is now on the offensive and the attacker is defending.
6) First person to win three contests wins the match.
(Credit to the Grindstone page for the duel write up.)
To find the tournament, please seek entrance to Dorn Manor, located in the Goblet, Ward 3, North Subdivision, Address 35. Upon finding the blue braziers you have arrived. Doors shall open to spectators and combatants at 6pm.(EST) And the competition at 7pm (EST) every Sunday.There is a cafe and lounge for mages between matches and spectators, as there is limited room. Entrances shall be cut off after a solid number has been reached.
|Beast and Barrel Heavensturn Special|
The Beast and Barrel Tavern
After nearly two decades of sailing, soldiering, and adventuring, Fyrilsunn Fiandoensyn has begun a brand new sort of adventure. He's met a lovely woman, hung up his axe, and is doing his damndest to settle down, to provide for his bride-to-be and their future children without putting his life on the line. With the coin he's saved up over the years, he has turned a small hole in the wall into Limsa Lominsa's newest and finest tavern, "The Beast and Barrel."
Its shelves are stocked with the finest booze that can be bought, imported, smuggled, or brewed into the maritime state, and features a menu inspired by the traditional Roegadyn fare of his forefathers from the Northern Empty.
Where: The Mist, Ward 11, Apartment 85.
When: The first and third Sunday of each month at 9:00EST.