|Birthdays on 03-05-2017|
|VisualFish, Tikka Swift (39 Years Old),
|Mystic Runestone [Balmung]|
|04-05-2015, 08:00 PM - 04-05-2019, 11:00 PM|
The Tower of Hyur
Repeats every week on Sunday
The combat for Mystic Runestone is the tried and true method used in other competitions and your average duel. Through the use of the <Shell Necklace> mages can fight without worry of the debilitating effects of their spells. This is not your brawlers bloodbath, but a true artists competition to test new spells and powers.
Taking into account the lore that mage classes have a far higher magic defense and access to protective spells, defensive emotes can be quite imaginative from a simple Shell spell to protect your own <Shell Necklace> layers, or even countering a fireball by transposing or reversing it.
Though the Runestone is purely magical, hybrid classes -can- attend but must fight without physical attacks. Handcasters and Bladecasters shall be allowed to participate, though this may change if problems arise.
Combat is broken down into a few simple steps.
1) Both opponents will agree to use either a http://www.rolz.org room or the /random feature for their match.
2) Both opponents roll initiative. The highest roll wins and attacks first.
3) The attacking player writes their post in a custom emote using /em. After posting, they roll their die.
4) The defending player rolls their die to defend. If the defender rolls higher than the attack, they have successfully avoided damage. A lower roll means they have been struck. In the event of a tie, reroll both attack and defense. Regardless, after determining the result, the defender then posts their /emote to show the effect.
5) Switch roles and repeat. The defender is now on the offensive and the attacker is defending.
6) First person to win three contests wins the match.
(Credit to the Grindstone page for the duel write up.)
To find the tournament, please seek entrance to Dorn Manor, located in the Goblet, Ward 3, North Subdivision, Address 35. Upon finding the blue braziers you have arrived. Doors shall open to spectators and combatants at 6pm.(EST) And the competition at 7pm (EST) every Sunday.There is a cafe and lounge for mages between matches and spectators, as there is limited room. Entrances shall be cut off after a solid number has been reached.
|The Sleepy Goobbue Cafe|
Small sheets of paper can be found placed upon the market boards of Gridania, Limsa Lominsa and Uldah. The paper which smells richly of lavender is adorned by long whispy writing, addressing all those whom it manages to grab the attention of:
The Sleepy Goobbue Cafe
Grand Opening Night
For the first time ever, The Sleepy Goobbue Cafe will be formally opening it's doors for all those whom wish to enjoy a night of food, drink, and good times. Hosted by a small free company ran by Koi Kami, the cafe offers a lively environment for all those who wish to join in.
Garden of Words <Eden> is also currently looking for skilled workers and contacts to join for future events. If interested please speak with Koi Kami or Alesia Maxima, the event coordinators.
Sunday - 1pm pst / 4pm est / 9pm gmt
(We Have UK Friendly Times!)
Lavender Beds Ward 1 - Plot #48 - Room #4
(Wildflower Stalls Subdivision Crystal for easy transportation)
Please look forward to more events in the future and as always, our doors are always open for visitors or those whom wish to use our library or cafe at any time.
1. Please be kind and respectful to both your fellow RPers and our property.
2. We are not a bar, and thus will not serve any alcoholic beverages.
3. Open Rp in /say /yell and /em are fully welcome but if things get crowded please tell free to form party chat groups to make your time more enjoyable.
4. If at any point you need a member of our staff to help with an issue, please send us a /tell so we can assist you as quickly as possible.
Garden of Words <Eden> Rank 8 RP FC welcoming both RP members and non-rpers into our ranks. If you would like to join us please reach out to Illyriana or Yuri Usagi!
We are currently looking for RP contacts for:
Librarians, Greeters, Traders, cafe hosts, and more. If you would be interested in joining our linkshell or FC as a new member of our staff please message us.