|Birthdays on 04-01-2017|
|Kuchichi (35 Years Old), Rhy'sae (32 Years Old), Ulfhade (31 Years Old), NeroFenrirV1 (30 Years Old), Shieru (29 Years Old), Marion ffxiv (27 Years Old), Glop94 (25 Years Old), gerry1 (25 Years Old), Derechww (25 Years Old), Monkey Monkey (24 Years Old), 0ubastet (23 Years Old) - 8 Hidden|
|Ragnarok: Primal Judgement|
|05-01-2016, 07:00 PM - 04-28-2020, 09:00 PM|
Repeats every week on Saturday
"They say that when the moon devours sun out of season, it marks the beginning of a great period of bloodshed..."
Murmurs can be heard all throughout the city-states of a solar eclipse growing ever closer and out of season, causing panic among mages, astrologians, and scholars alike. Only an immensely powerful magic could cause something this unusual to happen out of season and with our prior knowledge of similar events, all signs point toward the rebirth of a primal in it's strongest known form!
This is an In Character event revolving around hunting the primal Ifrit. We will be doing Ifrit Extreme unsynced following a RP in which our characters will find out that the Amal'jaa have gathered enough crystals to recreate their primal. It will be taking off at 7:00 PM US Eastern
Defeating Ifrit in this fight does not render him defeated forever. Other adventurers may still come along and fight and defeat Ifrit. For the purpose of this event, however, he will be considered out of commission for some arbitrary amount of time.
Characters may use any way they see fit to decipher that the primal being reborn is Ifrit. At the beginning of the event, characters will know that a primal is being reborn, however, no one will know which one it is. A character who is an astrologian may use the stars to tell them. A scholar may use books. So on, so forth as long as it does not break any other character's lore.
Multiple characters of the same class may come. No class discrimination.
In the off chance that we are unable to kill the primal and are defeated, the task will roll around to the next week where we will try again. If there are a large amount of people interested in participating, we will set up multiple parties which for the sake of roleplay, will be considered one large alliance.
Applying to Ragnarok:
If you are interested in participating in Ragnarok, simply send Garza Redwing a /tell in game or post that you are interested in this thread. After you have applied, your name will be listed on this page as a hunter. As I stated before, all combat classes are welcome (including players who don't use Job Stones.) and multiples of the same classes are acceptable so bring everything you've got.
At 7:00 PM US Eastern each Saturday we will meet at the Goblet. Ward 2 Plot 34. After roleplaying and getting everyone together, we will teleport to the nearest aetheryte to the primal we are hunting. We will travel on mount or foot from the aetheryte into the lands of the tribes, defeating any tempered tribals. Then we will confront the primal and defeat it. Very simple. If we are able to defeat the primal in question we will wrap up our roleplay and anyone interested in farming for Ponies/Music Rolls/Tank Runs is welcome to stick around to complete that.
Other Information: This event is hosted by Advent, however anyone is welcome to join. I'd like to give a shout-out to Saraj Malqir. I saw she had this sort of event up first, but it's been a while since anyone did it, so I thought I'd modify it a tiny bit and add my own flare to use it for my free company.
|02-21-2016, 10:00 PM - 02-22-2019, 01:00 AM|
Repeats every week on Saturday
Fresh sheets of parchment can be found posted upon the market boards of Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, and Ul'dah respectively. Each is thin, scribed brusquely in a bold, stiff hand. The characters appear in black, a public notice for all interested and can read:
The Grindstone is an open tournament for its fighters every Saturday. Any and all are invited to spectate, as the events will be free to the public. We request only that those who attend are respectful of our fighters. If you are not, you will be asked to leave.
In order to participate in this event for prestige, please contact the Arbiter or any Overseer of the The Grindstone outside the city of Ul'dah in Central Thanalan in Fesca's Wash.
Entrance Fees are currently abolished. The winner's purse is supplied through twice-annual "Fight Auction" events.
RULES: (Revised 4/26/16)
1. No killing. The Grindstone is an open tournament for any and all who wish to participate, and while a pain-free experience is not guaranteed, no one should be afraid for their life. Should anyone accidentally or "accidentally" end the life of their opponent, they will be similarly executed. Additionally, the only combat that takes place at the Grindstone is arranged and watched over by an Overseer. Picking your own fight between rounds or with a spectator will be considered intent to kill, and you will be dealt with accordingly.*
2. No magic, no technology, no alchemy. While these methods see regular, expected use in widespread Eorzea, the Grindstone is a place to work on your technique and execution. Battlemages, technical gurus and those dabbling in poisons and subterfuge are encouraged to test those application in other events.
3. Ranged combatants armed with guns or bows are required to use any form of non-lethal ammunition. Throwing knives are permitted due to their lower velocity.
4. No livestock, no wildlife, no living weapons, armor or shields.
5. Everyone fights healthy. This means that if you show up sporting a previous injury, you will not be fighting. This means if you refuse healing between rounds, you will not be fighting. This means that if, post healing, you are still somehow injured despite the best efforts of the medics and healers on hand, you will not be fighting.
Saturdays at 10 pm EST
Fesca's Wash in Central Thanalan.
The Mechanics and OOC
The Grindstone is Balmung's premiere fighting tournament, having existed since the arrival of FFXIV:ARR. While the folks organizing the event have changed over the following years, the intent has been the same the entire time: Giving space for roleplayers to beat the piss out of each other without fear of death or dismemberment. ICly this means that, for all purposes, the combat is a step above simple sparring; People can and will be split open during matches. It is only thanks to a dedicated, volunteer team of healers that players can fight without worrying about surviving through metagaming.
Participating in the Grindstone is easy: You show up between 9:30PM and 10:00PM EST at Fesca's Wash in Central Thanalan on a Saturday night and get in line with everyone else. There's usually some floating RP as early as 9PM (or 8PM if folks are feeling particularly froggy) but we begin properly at 10PM. We'll /yell for everyone to get in line, then after going over the rules, the Arbiter will pair everyone off with an opponent. Matches are one-off fights with those victorious moving ahead and fighting someone else in the next round. This repeats until only one person is left standing to become that week's champion.
Combat is broken down into a few simple steps.
1) Both opponents agree to use either a http://www.rolz.org room or the /random feature for their match.
2) Both opponents roll initiative. The highest roll wins and attacks first.
3) The attacking player writes their post in a custom emote using /em. After posting, they roll the die.
4) The defending player rolls their die to defend. If the defender rolls higher than the attack, they have successfully avoided damage. A lower roll means they have been struck. In the event of a tie, reroll both attack and defense. Regardless, after determining the result, the defender then posts their /emote to show the effect.
5) Switch roles and repeat. The defender is now on the offensive and the attacker is defending.
6) First person to win three contests wins the match.
ICly, the third hit you take should be the one that causes you to pass out / be knocked out / surrender. Remember that it isn't "first to three" in character. We just fudge it so everyone just so happens to not be able or willing to go on after the third hit lands.
OOCly: Roleplay starts around 8PM Eastern Standard Time in recent weeks. People want to fight! And talk about fighting!
*Seriously, don't disrupt a scheduled event by going off on your own accord and picking a "real" fight. It's distracting to the event as a whole and it's disrespectful to those working to provide an environment for others who want to roleplay. Undermining the event will result in some ugly godmoding nonsense that really nobody wants to have to do.
Rule revision: 4/26/16