Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) (/showthread.php?tid=10623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Tali Vexal - 05-03-2015

You guys have no idea how excited this got me for all the potential crossfc RP!! It was awesome meeting everyone and on behalf of Bastion, Thank you Erik, NB, and everyone else who put so much work into organizing this.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Nirri - 05-03-2015

[Image: 85c9c900e2.jpg]

[Image: c81338a88b.jpg]

[Image: 2790b1aa69.jpg]

[Image: 96b0dac86a.jpg]

[Image: dece48d4bf.jpg]

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Faye - 05-03-2015

I'm sad I missed it, but the representatives I sent told me a lot of good things! Now I just have to read the meeting notes! Big Grin I'm looking forward to more communication and coordination between the RP FC's on the server! Erik, Freelance, Nailah, Y'uraq, and everyone else who set this up and worked on it have my thanks.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Kou - 05-03-2015

Thank you very much for this. It was nice to meet all those FCs. Big Grin

I'm looking forward to any cross-FC events, especially that Training one that I hope makes it off the ground. That one really, really interested me. xD

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Tikka Swift - 05-03-2015

That went really well! It was great seeing you all there and meeting everyone! On behalf of myself, Gen, and the Radical Dreamers, thank you for putting this together! I'm looking forward to future cross-FC RP!

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Hyrist - 05-03-2015

Apologies on behalf of Dark Embers for not making it - we've been having some pretty heavy personal emergencies going on that have kept us from doing any events.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - ArmachiA - 05-03-2015

There were some really good ideas for cross FC stuff that wasn't too overwhelming or hasty more "Lets set up a crafting LS for airships" "Do training sessions in different houses" and less "LET'S DO A WHOLE SERVER PLOT"

I think we really went about it the right way.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Erik Mynhier - 05-03-2015

Thanks for coming everyone, and making the spirit of this thing a success. As stated we are planning a few soft cross-fc stuff like airship building and training. Also gve smaller fcs a chance to seek out connections for their plots and overall help. And thanks to all who will be helping me in my next charity event in two weeks, the new players will thank you too. Thanks to all who help and remember....

The Bleed Stops Here.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Saefinn - 05-03-2015

I was a little anxious because I've been to something like this before to find it not have a positive outcome - I was kinda aware of it last minute, I did bail out on some RP, but some members offered to help hold the fort and apparently it went really well, so good I can rely on my trusty crew. Smile

It is testament to the fact I should browse these forums more, but I am usually put off by forums for MMO's in general and generally don't post a lot in forums anymore anyway. Which is probably worrying, because I am moderator for a couple of forums out there. Wink

However, I am glad that I attended and sat through 2 hours of introductions Tongue. I was not aware of any issues in the community, but whatever they were, they didn't feel present and people wanted to get involved with each other, so that's a positive thing.

Also, it was pretty well timed, because I had been talking about networking again with FC mates and a couple of people outside of the FC, so I've taken a few notes about which FC's I think are worth approaching for our style or RP and what we do ICly, heck, we've already established contact with the first FC we'd like to get involved with. Smile

Also, folk seemed in good spirits, I was worried that if I brought my sense of humour I might be viewed as not taking things seriously, whilst I was mostly quiet, it is good that our chocobo suits were not frowned upon. Tongue Or my dancing. But then, I actually knew /very/ few people there, so didn't know what to expect. And admittedly, we are an FC who has kind of isolated themselves, though we still manage to sustain a comfortably sized membership, however, when we have been a part of a community, it has been wonderful, so I would like to take this as an opportunity to do that. Of course, with anything, my members' needs will come first. Smile But I am a respectful of people in general and encourage my members to be and try to recruit people on the same page in that respect.

So I would say it was a good initiative, so let's make the good stuff follow through.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - X'havir Vahl - 05-03-2015

It was nice seeing a large pile of active fc's on the server. And all the offers of help to people. That's community done right.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Martiallais - 05-04-2015

Just want to echo everyone else and say that while it was a bit long (as expected), I enjoyed seeing and hearing everyone. There was a lot of good, positive groundwork laid and I hope we keep moving forward with all the great ideas!

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Rosamund - 05-04-2015

Thanks for organising this! It was great to meet everyone, in a fashion, and all the great ideas flowing last night. Looking forward to see what comes of this. Big Grin

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Alothia - 05-04-2015

So, I know we had a bunch of FCs looking for contracts for work during the summit, so I went ahead and made a sticky thread where everyone can post what they're looking for. You can find it here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=11468
Please use it.

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Lancia - 05-10-2015

Is it too late to get in on this if there's ever going to be another one?

RE: The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set) - Erik Mynhier - 05-10-2015

(05-10-2015, 04:34 AM)Lance Wrote: Is it too late to get in on this if there's ever going to be another one?

I have 2 more Balls to plan before returning to this. We will see come next year.