Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Xeon - 07-01-2013

Hello, I would like to request a mentor for me and possibly my fiend (His forum name JJDunn). While i probably have enough RP experience it would be nice with some help to get into the lore and its specific RP. Helping building the characters story into the RP. I got some idea's as i posted in my "Hello" post.

But anyway, would be super is the mentor is close to my timezone (+1) So it doesen't become hard to meet up or whatnot. And i plan to make a character on Balmung.

The help im asking for is
Help with the lore
Help with the character
Help getting started and fitting into the RP
And possibly awnser any OOC questions i got about the game itself.

As for a specific mentor i can't really say. So just any mentor would be nice that is in the range of High medium or Low High rp.

Thanks ahead of time for Any mentor who would take me and JJ.

-Xeon

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Asyria - 07-01-2013

Nel Celestine, I choose you! *tosses Miqo'teball*

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Nel Celestine - 07-01-2013

~is caught in ball~

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - MrHeat - 07-01-2013

Hello,

I'm looking for a mentor to show me the RP ropes. I'm on Ultros right now for Phase 3. I'm using phase 3 to test and get use to playing the game. I plan on joining the Non Legacy that is decided after the 24 hour voting.

I already have my character set up that I'll be using.

His name is Mr. Heat. First off you'll notice that his name doesn't fit with the names you'll find in FF 14. The reason for this is because he's not from that realm. He's from DC Universe Online. Mr Heat and I have been together for almost 3 years now and we're not ready to call it quits. So since it's not the first time a Final Fantasy game has taken people from other places in time, and dimensions, I was able to work a story for Mr Heat to be here in Final Fantasy.

I'm hoping I can find a mentor to help ease me into RPing and also to help me better fit MR. Heat into a spot for RPing.

Thanks for your time.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - M'risha - 07-01-2013

I'm also interested in becoming a mentor. While I do not know much about the Final Fantasy world yet, my experiences include:
-..RPing
-Leading an RP guild
-Hosting RP events
-Storytelling (Coming up with custom RP quests for people to enjoy with me as the 'dungeon-master', so to speak)
-Combat Roleplay (Both 'kindness-based' and rollbased Tongue)

I've RPed in WoW, TERA, Guild Wars 1 and 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Wushu, roleplayerguild.com, and uh.. last weekend in XIV! 

I'm in the GMT+1 Timezone, Europe! Since I'm probably going to be studying hard when the game comes out (Yeah right, hardly studying, have FF to play!), people in that timezone would be preferred, but I have no trouble mentoring people who don't match that, they'll just get a little less time! Tongue

I will be Cactuar on Balmung

My character will be able to get along with everyone, and I'm sure we'll be able to get along OOC as well. That being said, I will try to teach as much as possible by doing, aka RPing lots and lots, and you'll get good at it eventually!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Flynn Rosenberg - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:11 PM)M Wrote: I'm also interested in becoming a mentor. While I do not know much about the Final Fantasy world yet, my experiences include:
-..RPing
-Leading an RP guild
-Hosting RP events
-Storytelling (Coming up with custom RP quests for people to enjoy with me as the 'dungeon-master', so to speak)
-Combat Roleplay (Both 'kindness-based' and rollbased Tongue)

I've RPed in WoW, TERA, Guild Wars 1 and 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Wushu, roleplayerguild.com, and uh.. last weekend in XIV! 

I'm in the GMT+1 Timezone, Europe! Since I'm probably going to be studying hard when the game comes out (Yeah right, hardly studying, have FF to play!), people in that timezone would be preferred, but I have no trouble mentoring people who don't match that, they'll just get a little less time! Tongue

I will be Cactuar on Balmung

My character will be able to get along with everyone, and I'm sure we'll be able to get along OOC as well. That being said, I will try to teach as much as possible by doing, aka RPing lots and lots, and you'll get good at it eventually!

Would you be interested in mentoring me and Xeon? Seems we're all in the same boat, I can share a bit of lore knowledge from what I've gathered, think we'll all learn from each other.

I've got some ideas for RP so I suppose the three of us can gather in a skype chat and talk about this? Seems like a good opportunity.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Niteshade_Rune - 07-01-2013

This sounds interesting and I think i may have to look into it, i played off and on from the launch of 1.0 through some of the free period, came back and re-created my character on the Besaid/Balmung server but i never truly got a chance to really get into the game or meet up with and randomly kick up conversion OOC'ly or otherwise with any of the RP community then, plus being I wasnt able to maintain time to keep up with the game i'm lacking on Lore lol, the idea of this seems possibly interesting.

I'm not really a NEW player, but fairly newbish in my knowledge as I missed using my beta key so i have no experience with any of the changes and revamps for 2.0 vs 1.0.

Do semi in between NEW and returning players count as being eligible to look into a possible mentor? lol

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kyatai - 07-01-2013

Smile

Thanks!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Yssen - 07-01-2013

(07-01-2013, 06:43 AM)Kyatai Wrote: Ok so based on my needs (aka lore and getting introduced to the community, as I'm horrible at meeting people (RL introvert makes it VERY hard- even IG which is digital RL- haha- tho not really on forums, where I seem to type a LOT *coughs*):

I humbly ask: Yssen
Thinking seriously of rolling a Duskwright monk and.. her story could legitimately coincide with yours such that it wouldn't be OOC to speak to him IC. I'm still working on it... really need that CC Benchmark *sighs*
But... it was the OOC RP info that sold me- I agree with all of it and it made me smile. (the IC info was great too... hehe)
Sold! I will gladly help ya out with whatever ya need. Feel free to PM with your thoughts and questions. ^ ^

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Rinh Hallani - 07-02-2013

I'm looking for a mentor. I've RPed in WoW for many years and GW2 in the past year, tending to free form rather than plot driven RP. I played FFXI and 1.0 for only about a week each so know very little about the lore. I'm a bit nervous but excited (nervicited!) to RP in ARR and could use help with lore, character creation and how people tend to RP here. I may have some questions about gameplay as well since this game seems such a different beast to other MMOs I've played.

I'm in the beta and on Moogle, which I chose before I knew of the RPC. I will probably be on Balmung long term. I live in the UK so my time zone is GMT.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - faceman7381 - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 12:11 PM)katattax Wrote: I'm looking for a mentor. I've RPed in WoW for many years and GW2 in the past year, tending to free form rather than plot driven RP. I played FFXI and 1.0 for only about a week each so know very little about the lore. I'm a bit nervous but excited (nervicited!) to RP in ARR and could use help with lore, character creation and how people tend to RP here. I may have some questions about gameplay as well since this game seems such a different beast to other MMOs I've played.

I'm in the beta and on Moogle, which I chose before I knew of the RPC. I will probably be on Balmung long term. I live in the UK so my time zone is GMT.
I have 2 people I mentor now and live in the USA on ESt, but if you are cool with that, I would be happy to mentor you too!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Y'hmir - 07-02-2013

I was pointed in this direction in my welcome post and after I've read through some of it, I thought it might be a good idea.

I've been rp-ing for a few years, though mostly in tabletop games and chat rooms, so MMO rp is a whole new level for me.

English is not my first language either so beware a few spelling/grammar errors. I try to catch them thought.

I have two characters, both of which have some back story planned and written out but is in need of tweaks. They also have very different personalities so I'd love a chance to test out how they would respond in various situations. Also lore. I love lore. Tell me more =3

Currently on Odin through the Beta but I don't have a problem restarting anywhere(as I've done that thrice this beta already...) and am online during EU times (GMT+1).

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Rinh Hallani - 07-02-2013

(07-02-2013, 12:20 PM)faceman7381 Wrote: I have 2 people I mentor now and live in the USA on ESt, but if you are cool with that, I would be happy to mentor you too!

I actually got someone in UK now who said they'll mentor me but thank you very much for your offer. Smile

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Sienna - 07-03-2013

Which would be me! I'm now mentoring Nova and Katattax! Big Grin

I'm willing to Mentor one more person, if anyone's interested drop me a message. ^^

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - M'risha - 07-03-2013

I am now mentoring JJDunn and Xeon, though I think it will be more of a mutual mentoring thing.. Tongue