Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Kellen whitewolf - 08-06-2013

cant wait guy its going to be a blast

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 08-08-2013

(08-06-2013, 11:39 PM)Kellen whitewolf Wrote: cant wait guy its going to be a blast
 Glad to have you aboard!

And again thanks everyone, you guys have seriously been a pleasure, thanks to every last one of you. Open Beta starts soon and thank goodness because I'm sure once everyone is playing things will get a lot better! Oh and for all the newcomers go ahead and start making your character profiles so people can start making connections with each other and such! Lets also get those FC's up as well. If anyone needs ideas for an FC they want to start just ask or throw some ideas out there for feedback! You can pm any of us going to Gilgamesh in this thread to give a hand if need be. Same goes for any event ideas, so come on, say hello and don't be shy!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33

Question by a show of hands who preordered the game and is going to be around early access? I'd like to do something during this time but don't want anyone to be locked out either and I know some of you may not be around during early access. Something smaller perhaps and more intimate, like a simple meet and greet or something. If you guys are interested let me know. Same if you have any suggestions. If you've never done an rp event before but are interested in doing one let me know! Perhaps early access might be a nice time to do it!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Yeldir Melfusor - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 03:59 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 11:39 PM)Kellen whitewolf Wrote: cant wait guy its going to be a blast
 Glad to have you aboard!

And again thanks everyone, you guys have seriously been a pleasure, thanks to every last one of you. Open Beta starts soon and thank goodness because I'm sure once everyone is playing things will get a lot better! Oh and for all the newcomers go ahead and start making your character profiles so people can start making connections with each other and such! Lets also get those FC's up as well. If anyone needs ideas for an FC they want to start just ask or throw some ideas out there for feedback! You can pm any of us going to Gilgamesh in this thread to give a hand if need be. Same goes for any event ideas, so come on, say hello and don't be shy!

This is a top quality thread.  Kudos, Rock.  Your rep will be in the quadruple digits at the rate you're going!

Sorta' related, I'm working on a manual for roleplaying ettiquette specifically for environments that may not be welcoming to roleplay in many situations, with a focus on encouraging behaviors that improve the general perception of roleplayers, minimizing the impact of the things we do that drive non-rp'ers nuts, a detailed examination on why the troller loves to troll RP'ers specifically, and tactics for coping with rp-crashers that are designed around the aforementioned motives.

You want to take a peek at the draft before it's done?  I'd value your input.  That goes for anyone, actually.

(08-08-2013, 04:12 AM)Yeldir Melfusor Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 03:59 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
 Glad to have you aboard!

This is a top quality thread.  Kudos, Rock.  Your rep will be in the quadruple digits at the rate you're going!

Sorta' related, I'm working on a manual for roleplaying ettiquette specifically for environments that may not be welcoming to roleplay in many situations, with a focus on encouraging behaviors that improve the general perception of roleplayers, minimizing the impact of the things we do that drive non-rp'ers nuts, a detailed examination on why the troller loves to troll RP'ers specifically, and tactics for coping with rp-crashers that are designed around the aforementioned motives.

You want to take a peek at the draft beforetter it's done?  I'd value your input.  That goes for anyone, actually.
Sounds great, can't wait to see it and it should be a great help to many. There are a lot of rp vets here that can offer good feedback on that no matter what server they are headed to.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Zethie - 08-08-2013

I'll be around for early access but I'm not sure how to create my character profile you were talking about earlier and I'm still unsure about a lot of things regarding him..

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Nnejo - 08-08-2013

What sort of things are you unsure about Zethie? We are all here to help!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Zethie - 08-08-2013

I wouldn't be lying when I say everything save for my characters personality and his first name haha.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - considebalt - 08-08-2013

Just joined the HRC site and been lurking around, reading up, getting overwhelmed and realizing that I should start shooting ideas at the figurative dart-board as to character background and such, but I have been reading through this thread and wanted to say as an avid RPer that this unity is so welcoming to see! Great work all around, just wish I had been around here sooner to brainstorm with you all, but I will be around Phase 4 and head-start, so I can't wait to run into the lot of you ^_^.

(08-08-2013, 10:25 PM)considebalt Wrote: Just joined the HRC site and been lurking around, reading up, getting overwhelmed and realizing that I should start shooting ideas at the figurative dart-board as to character background and such, but I have been reading through this thread and wanted to say as an avid RPer that this unity is so welcoming to see! Great work all around, just wish I had been around here sooner to brainstorm with you all, but I will be around Phase 4 and head-start, so I can't wait to run into the lot of you ^_^.
Glad to have you! If you decide to join us I'll shoot you a pearl during phase four.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - considebalt - 08-08-2013

Will definitely be there Beta 4. Headstart is a little more up in the air, but on that day! I will find you and poke you for a linkshell

(08-08-2013, 11:37 PM)considebalt Wrote: Will definitely be there Beta 4. Headstart is a little more up in the air, but on that day! I will find you and poke you for a linkshell
Sounds good!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Adolar - 08-09-2013

Hello. Hoping to jump into Gilgamesh's RP community during open beta. I'm not exactly new to RPing but I haven't really done it too often so I'm still a little nervous about getting into the whole experience. The community looks to be really welcoming though so I hope to meet some great people in the LS.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Desmond Aryll - 08-09-2013

I'm all over early access. I'll be available for any interactive needs. Big Grin

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 08-09-2013

If anyone needs help with a character concept then feel free to pm any of us and just ask questions. Also take a look at the link I have in my sig for lore that will help when building up a character! I think the site is very good, you can also search this site for lore threads and other types of threads that should help.

I'd advise this. Keep it simple don't worry about mistakes and don't overwhelm yourself. Mistakes color your character and if you try to plot out every single thing you may end up messing up because you are forcing yourself to play something that you wrote down on paper.

Basic concepts work best when you are new to roleplaying. You will learn your character as you play the game. Take my word for it.

Gilgamesh Server Meeting and Discussion

This event will take place this Saturday at 8pm est. Forgive it for being of such short notice but there are a lot of things that need to be discussed

Maybe we can have these on a semi regular basis. Interested? Send Vashies Alexander a pm as he will be running this offline event . I think its an excellent idea so I and others will be there for support along with some from Balmung!

Even if you are new to the site if you have decided to make Gilgamesh your home please send him a PM!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 08-11-2013

Congrats for a great meeting Vashies and for more in the future!

Coming to Gilgamesh? Want to be at the next one? Introduce yourself in the welcome thread and pm Vashies!