Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Steel Wolf - 01-11-2015

Both of my characters bust through the attentions of whom they approach. They're both well-rounded in that regard, Even when their cup runneth over in a bar, they'll bounce back. And while it might seem shameless to milk it for all it's worth, they'll stand firm regardless.

...if ya get what I mean.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kellach Woods - 01-11-2015

(01-09-2015, 04:47 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Is there ever been a character (or character type) you've WANTED to have your character flirt with, but haven't? Either because it'd be out of character for them or for some other reason (such as them being taken already or not wanting to force an OOC pairing)? We've seen plenty of comments about accidental flirting, but what about the flirt that never was?

Women.

Then again why would Kell he gets all the catbooty he could ever want.

But for real, flirting and booty were never things he actually thought about, it's just that when he started dressing up to show hella skin pretty much every non-straight male miqote in a 100-meter radius pretty much threw themselves at him.

But I poked Steel once does that count?

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Knight Kat - 01-11-2015

Okay, just for fun.

Kiht Flirting 101

1: Kiht approaches attractive male, and takes a loud audible sniff of him at an uncomfortably close range; violating his personal space. "You smell good, -male-."

2: Kiht approaches male who is sitting then uses knife to cut a lock of his hair. "You have nice hair -male-. I will have some."

3: Kiht finds humorous male. "Silly -male-." Then she proceeds to threaten him with attack from a specified weapon.

Notice how she uses the word "male" which points out his sex then enunciates the word to make it sound like an insult. It gets the guys every time. Thumbsup

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Roen - 01-11-2015

(01-09-2015, 04:47 PM)Gegenji Wrote: So, a thought. Since this is about flirting and everything...

Is there ever been a character (or character type) you've WANTED to have your character flirt with, but haven't? Either because it'd be out of character for them or for some other reason (such as them being taken already or not wanting to force an OOC pairing)? We've seen plenty of comments about accidental flirting, but what about the flirt that never was?

I... err... kinda want to see a Chachan being flirted at (since I couldn't see him doing it himself) by a FemRoe or Elezan or a Highlander lady, just because I find the size difference amusing. Of course, with a min-sized Lala, a lot of folks tower over the little guy. Blush

I would flirt with ya Chachan! Only...Brynnalia would think he is too young!

There are plenty of characters that I want to flirt with, but on Roen I don't flirt. Like at all.

But that's what Brynn is for! Usually if I really did want to flirt with someone, I will pull out my bard alt, like I did for: Warren, Gharen, Franz (hm...I am noticing a trend...) because they were hot Highlanders, and Gideon because he's Gideon, Al because he's a sleeze, Jameson because he's her boss, and just about anyone else I want to flirt with that is of the hot male variety. (if I ever run into Berrod while I am on Brynn I swear...)

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Gegenji - 01-11-2015

I've been tempted to do that. To have a more world-savvy alt that's just for the flirting and the more complex interactions that are still over Chachan's head.

... Then again, I have Hohoyoho, who I already have acting horribly over-the-top and suave. But he's just an NPC I created using Chachan as the base... "model" I suppose would be the word.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Zelmanov - 01-11-2015

Orrin is classically trained for court life so his flirting is of wit and innuendo and goading to the point that in the end they think its their idea all along.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 12:25 PM)Knight Kat Wrote: Okay, just for fun.

Kiht Flirting 101

1: Kiht approaches attractive male, and takes a loud audible sniff of him at an uncomfortably close range; violating his personal space. "You smell good, -male-."

2: Kiht approaches male who is sitting then uses knife to cut a lock of his hair. "You have nice hair -male-. I will have some."

3: Kiht finds humorous male. "Silly -male-." Then she proceeds to threaten him with attack from a specified weapon.

Notice how she uses the word "male" which points out his sex then enunciates the word to make it sound like an insult. It gets the guys every time. Thumbsup

Wait. So that time with the spear...

Ohhhh...

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Tiergan - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 08:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Both of my characters bust through the attentions of whom they approach. They're both well-rounded in that regard, Even when their cup runneth over in a bar, they'll bounce back. And while it might seem shameless to milk it for all it's worth, they'll stand firm regardless.

Steel Wolf. I heart you.

Lurial's flirting method - be coy and demure while always just barely laying down the compliments like bread crumbs to a house of sugar and honey.

Tiergan's flirting method - be stoic, grumpy, but kind. Then also be completely oblivious to any and all signs that someone is attracted to you until they have to do something akin to mailing you a Neil Gaiman-style letter that says "YOU ARE INVITED TO A SEDUCTION. Please come to this address wearing clothes you would like to be seduced in." in order to get the point.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Ruran - 01-11-2015

Locke's flirting technique...is basically nonexistent?

That is, he doesn't make active attempts to flirt with anyone, but his soft-spoken and helpful nature has resulted in more than one pursuer. He's sincere to a fault and sometimes painfully polite, which may come across as flirtatious, but he actually doesn't have that in mind when he acts.

And like Tiergan, he's completely oblivious to any signs of attraction until someone literally crawls into his lap and tells him. In which case he'll then blush and stammer and throw himself straight off the nearest ledge.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 08:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Both of my characters bust through the attentions of whom they approach. They're both well-rounded in that regard, Even when their cup runneth over in a bar, they'll bounce back. And while it might seem shameless to milk it for all it's worth, they'll stand firm regardless.

You just had to get that off your chest. -nodnod-

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 06:00 PM)Telluride Wrote:

We've seriously got to nip this attempt at humor in the bud...

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kellach Woods - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 06:47 PM)C Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 08:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Both of my characters bust through the attentions of whom they approach.  They're both well-rounded in that regard, Even when their cup runneth over in a bar, they'll bounce back.  And while it might seem shameless to milk it for all it's worth, they'll stand firm regardless.

Keep me abreast of your attempts.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Parvacake - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 05:15 PM)Locke Wrote: Locke's flirting technique...is basically nonexistent?

That is, he doesn't make active attempts to flirt with anyone, but his soft-spoken and helpful nature has resulted in more than one pursuer. He's sincere to a fault and sometimes painfully polite, which may come across as flirtatious, but he actually doesn't have that in mind when he acts.

And like Tiergan, he's completely oblivious to any signs of attraction until someone literally crawls into his lap and tells him. In which case he'll then blush and stammer and throw himself straight off the nearest ledge.

Hey, Lili gave him two chances! The second time though it didn't matter if he complained xD

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Cato - 01-11-2015

I generally go down the subtle route when it comes to flirting. I find it much more interesting to explore a slow, steady romance rather than a whirlwind of passion. It helps filter out the role-players who simply want steamy ERP within a few minutes without any real character development.

That's not to say that blatant flirting is bad - though I do think it's a very common archetype so I deliberately avoided it when creating my mercenary. It helps that there's meant to be an air of innocence to my character so it works out well!

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Jaliqai - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 07:03 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 06:47 PM)C Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 08:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Both of my characters bust through the attentions of whom they approach.  They're both well-rounded in that regard, Even when their cup runneth over in a bar, they'll bounce back.  And while it might seem shameless to milk it for all it's worth, they'll stand firm regardless.

Keep me abreast of your attempts.

These kinds of puns really lift my spirits and separate me from my sorrows.

Back on topic, Xheja's style is "If it seems interested in me and it has something I want, flirt with it whichever way it best responds until I get what I want." That said, she doesn't especially care to sound like a sleaze, so her flirtations tend towards the subtle, vague, and insinuated.

N'hadi, on the other hand, doesn't have a flirting style. She just has a "Wait what do you-- Oh. Oh god. Someone's flirting with me panic mode engage stahp it GO AWAY" mode. Silly N'hadi.