Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - g0ne - 02-08-2015

The 'Oh, but you look perfectly fine' look, and all the other things associated with it.

Oh, you look fine, stop thinking you're sick. It's all in your head. Stop thinking about it and it will go away. ...who the hell are you? My rheumatologist? Dodgy

When the old people say, oh our knees hurt too. You're young, you don't hurt. Hey, old lady, since when has it been a competition? 

Oh, you know X! Oh, X is so smart, they're loved by everyone, X is perfect. Be more like X. Learn from X's example. I'm not X and X isn't me! Frustrated

Being told that you were not there for me for a long time, when I was lying in bed, unable to move because everything hurt so much. Haha, this one left me with a baffled look on my face.

When I can't understand a simple sentence, and I get those looks with "You are soooo dumb" plastered on them, and more examples of the overachieving X, Y and Z. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is when your brain is away on a loooong vacation?

*berserk mode, lots of screaming and stomping, parrots will most likely disapprove*

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-09-2015

(02-07-2015, 08:44 PM)Lilithium Wrote: Computer maintenance and troubleshooting can choke on a fat, disgustingly hairy chode and die.

I think the worst time to have computer problems is when you're trying to do something you NEED the machine for. Of course, I haven't heard of many situations where you're just popping on for something mundane like checking your email and go "Oh, hey, it's not working" and remain positively chill about it.

I still remember one time when I had a WoW raid and something went wrong with my machine. So I'm sitting there getting a beep code that I couldn't look up because I needed the INTERNET for that and my computer was the only source of it and THE RAID IS IN LIKE FIVE MINUTES WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU COMPUTER? It was pathetic but I started worrying I was gonna let the raid down and getting rather emotional about it. Like, overly so.

Ended up pulling open the case and pushing and prodding at everything until I finally got it to work. After having banged angrily on the case like that was going to help. Even in the modern age, "hit it until it works" seems to be a primal response to malfunctioning machines.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-11-2015

*insert minor rant about needing ONE thing from the dollar store and the person in front of me has literally bought 47 dollars woth of stuff* ¬_____¬
posted this waiting in line.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-12-2015

The Wednesday thread and a few incidents the past couple days have brought to the forefront of my mind another traffic-related hate of mine: Thic Drivers. No, that is not a typo, it's a term I actually coined specifically because of how much I dislike these people. It stands for Three Invisible Car Drivers.

Basically, those people who feel the need that the cushion between them and the car in front of them has to be wide enough to fit a sixteen wheeler comfortably. As if there were three more, invisible cars that only they can see and have to accommodate for, which led to the term. I good sign of a Thic Driver is seeing them brake for no reason or because that car WAY AHEAD OF THEM also braked.

As if to add to the irritation factor, it's almost always the same type of people doing this too. It's either the elderly (bonus points if they're hunched over their steering wheel - which is a thing I never got, is it like putting up your hands on a roller-coaster to make it seem like your going faster?) or, and this is what always gets me, DISTRACTED DRIVERS. Nitwits who are so self-important and "busy" that they're talking on their phones and the like while driving. I even saw one guy WRITING DOWN NOTES ON A NOTEPAD as I passed him, what the hell.

I've gotten into a debate with a guy once on this, and he likened it to holding his fiance's hand and talking to her while driving - he said he does that just fine and has no problems. That was his only real defense for it - no real defense against the fact that said fiance can see what's going on in the car with you, or the difference in holding a hand to holding a phone to your ear. And that's not even getting to the fact that it's illegal in various states, whether you can do it or not!

I've seen this so much that I can actually look through the back window of the car in front of me and I can TELL if they're distracted. Like, I can tell the difference of a head silhouette that's looking forward and one that's looking down at their lap (or, more precisely, at the phone they're looking at). And it's even easier if they're actually holding the phone up to their ear.

Of course, the opposite end of the spectrum is no better. The people who ride your ass even if you're going 10-15 over the speed limit. Nope, you're not going fast enough for this jackass and he's going to be right on your bumper until either YOU change lanes or there's juuuuust enough space for HIM to change lanes and peel on past you. And I always seem to get these guys when I'm wondering if I'm going too fast (or I just see one blow past me in lighter traffic, bonus points if it's a cop car without its lights on). It's like the world telling me "Nope, you're fine, everyone else just drives like maniacs."

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Warren Castille - 02-12-2015

Re: THIC

I'm slightly guilty of this. I leave the MD-mandated "two-seconds" between my car and the one in front of me, which can be a little long if you're doing 75 down 95. In my defense, I always make it a point to do AT LEAST the legal limit; If you're upset there's room in front of me despite us all breaking the law, well, you can do 80+ and pass me.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 11:27 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Re: THIC

I'm slightly guilty of this. I leave the MD-mandated "two-seconds" between my car and the one in front of me, which can be a little long if you're doing 75 down 95. In my defense, I always make it a point to do AT LEAST the legal limit; If you're upset there's room in front of me despite us all breaking the law, well, you can do 80+ and pass me.

When you're going faster, I don't mind there being a larger buffer. But with most THIC drivers, they're usually going under the speed limit too. Especially if it's someone on their phone.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Hihimi - 02-13-2015

I took a caffeinated aspirin-and-tylenol pill this morning and I'm still not tired. God help me...

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Desu Nee - 02-13-2015

Pokemon fanfiction. Just...

Pokemon fanfiction.

Seriously fuck Ash, fuck chosen one bs, fuck everything this is not worth 10 dollars.

(02-13-2015, 06:38 AM)Desu Nee Wrote: Pokemon fanfiction. Just...

Pokemon fanfiction.

Seriously fuck Ash, fuck chosen one bs, fuck everything this is not worth 10 dollars.
I see nothing wrong with Pokemon Fanfiction...

...As long as it doesn't involve any of the anime characters.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 02-13-2015

I... totally enjoyed Pokémon MASTER by Ace Sanchez like 10 years ago.
http://www.acesanchez.com/index/pokemon.htm

(02-13-2015, 09:12 AM)Kage Wrote: I... totally enjoyed Pokémon MASTER by Ace Sanchez like 10 years ago.
http://www.acesanchez.com/index/pokemon.htm
what the flying frickly pear is that my immortal trash weeaboo wanton destruction of all things good and pikachu?

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - E'jusana - 02-13-2015

I'm a teacher and today was our Valentine's day party. I have frosting and strawberries smooshed into my carpet, 12 three year old children bouncing off the walls (I feel like I'm herding cats today), and to top it all off I forgot my lunch. The only redeeming thing so far today was that my mommy brought me lunch when she found out that I didn't have any and she even packed a cookie. I haven't lived with my parents for 7 years but she still loves taking care of me =) A little rant and a little positive Heart

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 02-17-2015

Show Content

One of the Reddit posts on the front page is this.

Someone threw their cat through a small bit of snow because they're karma whores.

The cat even looks back with a "You dick" look.

:<

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-18-2015

Hooray, fresh thing to rant about and - GUESS WHAT - it's a car thing again.

Went to go to my car after work today and got in. Start up the car and notice a RATHER SIZABLE crack in it that seems to have started at the bottom edge of it and went IN BETWEEN the panes (or whatever the terminology is, I don't car(e)). And I mean sizable as in that stupid "longer than a hand's length" ones that you apparently can't just get filled in and be done with it. The "if you don't want it, you're replacing your whole damn windshield" ones.

How do I know this? I had a SIMILAR CRACK that suddenly appeared around the same time LAST YEAR (I think it was April/May, since a chunk of my refund check went into it), except it was coming down from the upper edge of the windshield. Which I had to replace.

Since I could drive, I have owned I owned a '90 Ford Truck (used), followed by a '98 RAV4 (also used). I have never had cracks in my windshield. Brand new car? TWO IN A YEAR. And I don't even see the "start" of these stupid goddamn cracks, it's just SUDDENLY HUGE CRACK.

I have no freaking clue how or why this happens but it COMPLETELY soured an otherwise mundane drive home. At least, mundane for DC traffic. Which means a manageable level of annoyance.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 02-18-2015

That sucks :C I have had the tiny small road debris cracks that could technically perpetuate further one day into a much larger one but so far no changes in a few years so bleh.

My dad though had an incident where someone could have killed him. A sizeable object hit the driver side roof/windshield leaving a large dent in the roof and the large crack in the glass. Thankfully people have made it so that the windshields for cars don't just shatter or that the object wasn't something like a bowling ball. My dad could have died. We're lucky he wasn't injured. Fuckers.