Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Folken - 07-03-2013

A mentor? Pfff....I just want a sugar momma to hook me up with some sweet, sweet stuff.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - HalcyonTheRogue - 07-06-2013

Hi, I'm new to RPing in an MMO, can I humbly ask someone to take me under their wing please?

World: Gilgamesh
Character: Elcas Duskwind
Race: Duskwight Elezen
Main class: Lancer

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - LhasDataq - 07-06-2013

I'd love for someone to help me get used to MMO RPing!

Also; someone to help develop my characters as well. I'm always horrible at coming up with backgrounds/lore whatnot for any of my characters. I've got personalities and how they will evolve, but not much else!

And the Idea of a "blind date" would be interesting... Especially for my Miquo'te... hurhurhur.

I've got two characters. Both on Balmung.
Niricko Uldess, Female Duskwight Elezen
Fate Lhas, Male Keeper of the Moon Miquo'te

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Eckzein - 07-07-2013

(07-06-2013, 10:00 PM)HalcyonTheRogue Wrote: Hi, I'm new to RPing in an MMO, can I humbly ask someone to take me under their wing please?

You and me both. I have some experience RPing in a MUD but It'd be nice to have a small refresher course for this genre.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gideon Aryeh - 07-07-2013

(07-06-2013, 10:00 PM)HalcyonTheRogue Wrote: Hi, I'm new to RPing in an MMO, can I humbly ask someone to take me under their wing please?

If youre interested I can do it since I'm setting Gilgamesh as my main server. And this goes for anyone who is playing on Gilgamesh if you're interested.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Xenedra - 07-07-2013

Yo, everyone! Just a reminder to all the new people poppin' in looking for mentors: don't be afraid to pick whoever you want from the list! (Also let me know, so I'm not flipping out thinking 500 people want mentors @_@!)

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Elisea Renyven - 07-07-2013

I'm Elisea Renyven, I was around a bit during v1.0 and am returning to the game soon. To give a little background about me, I've been a heavy-hardcore roleplayer for about 18 years, and tend to write alot. I'm a story driven individual that likes to see characters grow and change based on the choices they make. I'm very much interested in taking on someone who wants to be mentored, I can take multiple folks if need be. I'm very much willing to trade character ideas, concept and do what I can to help. In addition, I plan to work on some easy level tips/guides based on the experience I've seen in Beta Phase 3 which I am certain will carry over to launch.

What I can offer for the most part:

Friendly nature
Experienced roleplayer
Guides or assistance for questions
Someone to keep folks company
Idea swapping for roleplaying
Dungeon/Raid Leader for many years

If your interested, hit me up!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Rosekitten - 07-07-2013

I'll look through the list of mentors when I get a little more free time (at the moment I do not have that, ah the joy of a one year old). But until then I would like to say I am looking for one. On either the Balmung server or Gilgamesh. At the moment I am leaning more towards Balmung but we shall see what happens between now and launch.

World: Balmung (or Gilgamesh it is up for debate)
Character: name is still up for debate. 

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kassandra Dawn - 07-07-2013

I have one mentee but I am able to take on more. and for this week only i'm all your all day (yay vacation)

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - KitKat - 07-08-2013

Format ripped from this guy here. (Thanks!)

Since I'm not actually in game, I'm doing a bit of research to try and figure out what I want to play. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'm signing up to be a mentee, if there are any Mentors that want to take me under their wing to coach me in the ways of the FF14 world through PMs or whatever, that'd be great. August 27 will be around soon enough.

--MMORPG background
Neverwinter - It opened a few months ago. It's decent, but underwhelming.

--RP experience
Seven-ish years playing Neverwinter Nights (not to be confused with the Neverwinter MMO that I mentioned above). I roleplayed dozens of characters on various persistent worlds, some characters lasted several years and others lasted several minutes.

--Character ideas/info
-Races: 
--Lalafell: I really like the naming convention of the Lalafell race, but I'm not sure I want to run around as a Precious Moments doll. 
--Elezen: The Elezen seem pretty interesting, but their naming is...eh. 
--Miqo'te: Miqo'te seem good, but I think there are a lot of them. 
--Roegadyn: Roegadyn are awesome, but I have this idea in my head about character physiology syncing up with the class, and I tend to stray away from the brute classes.
--Hyur: These guys seem to be your basic run-of-the-mill generics.

-Classes:
I can't decide how much research I want to do into this aspect. I really, really enjoy seeing things for the first time as I'm playing them. But if I were to research, I might get a clearer idea of what's right for me. My top choices at a glance:
--White Mage: I tend to play healers in most games (in all the older FF games, I try to make the White Mage the lead role).
--Dragoon: What can I say? They're a staple to the FF universe.
--Archer (Bard is the upgrade, right?): I like the tactical aspect of being a ranged fighter, choosing the best spot to attack from and so on.
--Black Mage: These guys are always fun to play.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google is my friend.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I'm a medium/heavy RPer. I lean toward medium, because I do enjoy party chatter so long as it's distinguishable from IC chat.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing?
Nothing yet.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Bauldric - 07-09-2013

So I am putting a little blip here because I am trying to make a character that escapes my normal bounds of characters (sell swords and mercenaries) since this type of idea never seems to generate me any kind of rp around it. I normally suck basically at being a sword for hire Tongue

So what I am looking for I guess is help making a combat capable character that could be seen out on adventurers but is an armor smith or miner as his main stay profession. This is really hard for me >.>

MMO/RP experience:
I've been rping in many games (WoW, Swtor, Aion, Rift, and smaller MMOs like Neverwinter and DDO) as well some on forums in genre's like Cowboy bebop, ME, League of legends, etc. This has all taken me about 2 to 3 years to do. My main experience is in roleplaying noble knights, protectors, and silent drifters. My most recent adventures have been in Gw2, I played a silent mercenary that had been crippled from the destruction of his wardens (yes he was a sylvari) and I played a mad minded Asuran inventor that kept doing lots of research on dragon corruption however this character was not combat capable and just ran from combat situations.

What I am looking for?
I want help combining these two ideas into a wildwood Elezen that I want to be sociable but yet value time alone. I want him to be combat capable and experienced in combat but not have it as his main profession. I would prefer something that is not a pure mage and would prefer melee specialty ( I like to combine game mechanics with Rp to try best to create a very visible idea of what my character is in-game and in rp).

Reasons for asking for help/mentor:
I want help to create a believable character within lore bounds that has reasonable skills without being too...powerful or anything of that sort. I need help programming believable weaknesses that aren't as extreme as in my previous characters. As well I would like someone to discuss and learn lore with because I always learn it better if I have someone to help me along the way.

Miscellaneous Info:
  • I will be playing on Gilgamesh since some RL friends will be rolling there and they do not like Legacy stuff.
  • I have no experience really with FFXIV: ARR lore even though I've read a lot of the main FFXIV site.
  • I will be looking through the mentor list when I get a little more time to do stuff and didn't waste most of my time updating my stuff on the site. Tongue
  • I am on that line between a heavy and medium rper.
  • I am in the U.S PST time zone ((GMT -7:00))

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - DSCH - 07-09-2013

I'm interested in the mentor program on the mentee side.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - entropyrat - 07-10-2013

Server: Balmung

You can find my introduction here, which should give a run down on myself and my experiences in RP:

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=2715&pid=33335#pid33335

I tend to be fairly self sufficient having been playing MMOs and RPing for the bulk of my life, there really isn't anything I struggle with anymore. I'm mostly looking for someone to assist with ironing out a character concept and finding a good "guild". Some basics about what I'm working with concept wise, Hyur gladiator currently residing in Ul'dah but originally hailing from Garlemald. Any assistance with fleshing this out to be lore friendly would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can't make a post without a subject~ - Combee - 07-12-2013

Good morning Eorzea! 

I come to you in a time of uncertainty.  For as I write this very note, I have hopefully signed into the correct building for my 10:30am appointment.  There are very little signs and no Office Directory can be found.  This morning, I mistakenly forgot to add grounds to the coffee machine (aka The Fountain of Youth) and am not quite sure where I am.  However, all is not lost, for I found a semi-comfortable seat near a water fountain and bathroom.  I am bathing in the motherly-warm hum of an aging fluorescent light.  Guidance on this matter is not what I seek.  Instead, I am humbly requesting the mentorship of an unlicensed professional in the roleplaying art!

I discovered this community from the signature advertisements on the official testing message boards.  Long story short:  I’m tired of being surrounded by cold, lifeless, MMO players.  They look like their eyes have glazed over.  FFXIV has a rich lore and beautiful setting- I greatly want to make the most out of it!  Haven’t played something this rich in ages.  But, back to business:

Mission Statement:  The grandest of adventures- to have as much fun as possible and find lots of treasure! 

Me:  Name's Jack.  I’m 29.  EST time zone.  Number cruncher.  Hide in a cubicle all day and yell at people so they will, for goodness sake, leave me alone to do my work.  Although this one time- I once found an unoccupied room on another floor... hadn’t been touched in ages!  Bribed the night janitor for the key to unlock it (made up an excuse like I was transitioning a team or something there) and moved in.  Two weeks.  Two weeks of silence and glory.  Still went to meetings and showed up from time to time.  Would talk to myself loudly while walking through the main office area so others could acknowledge my presence.  When my manager found out, I was reprimanded and the locks were changed.  To this day, I don’t know who told him.  Freeloading bastards.

I haven’t played on RP servers before... but I have tried to deliver pizza to War of Emperium (gvg) factions in Ragnarok Online for years.  Didn't work so well.  Played FFXI for a year back when PS2 first launched.  Played RO for yeeearrrsss and recently TERA. 

It is 11:15 and nobody has come for me yet, so here's a quick character backstory I threw together in this morning's traffic.

http://pastebin.com/Pv8Ghui5

It is lunchtime now.  Survived the meeting.  If you are reading this, then I must have successfully arrived home.  Thank you again for your time, hope to see you all in game!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Yssen - 07-12-2013

(07-06-2013, 10:29 PM)Lauren Wrote: I'd love for someone to help me get used to MMO RPing!

Also; someone to help develop my characters as well. I'm always horrible at coming up with backgrounds/lore whatnot for any of my characters. I've got personalities and how they will evolve, but not much else!

And the Idea of a "blind date" would be interesting... Especially for my Miquo'te... hurhurhur.

I've got two characters. Both on Balmung.
Niricko Uldess, Female Duskwight Elezen
Fate Lhas, Male Keeper of the Moon Miquo'te
I shall do it! Assuming you have not found anyone else already. >.>

None the less! PM me your questions and I shall be happy to answer them.