Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Seye Qhesu - 02-18-2015

Patient throwing my desk phone.

Yup. It happened. Thought I would be nice and let him call for his ride. Speedy Cab...apparently wasn't speedy and the man flipped and threw my phone across the room.

I didn't need to answer calls for the rest of the day though. But seriously, have respect for property that isn't yours!

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Maril - 02-18-2015

Can't help but get very moved when I see pictures of the flowers that have been laid out to honor and remember the two victims of terror in Copenhagen, had I lived anywhere closer I'd have gone there and put some myself. 
It restores some faith in humanity, and the spirit in the whole country is really one of togetherness and unison, everyone is doing what they can to drown the voices of the people who blame the wrong people, beliefs and so on for tragic events. 

.. And to keep it slightly on topic. People who take opportunities to spread more hatred. As if we need it ._. I won't say more cause it's a pretty sensitive topic. It just makes me go "urgh". 

Putting in a picture of the flowers - it's grown since, being in multiple layers now and reaching onto the street. 

Show Content

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-19-2015

(02-18-2015, 05:52 PM)Kage Wrote: That sucks :C I have had the tiny small road debris cracks that could technically perpetuate further one day into a much larger one but so far no changes in a few years so bleh.

Mine... is. I thought it was a little longer this morning, but I wasn't sure so I took a picture with my phone. Went to get lunch today and, yep... the crack is at least an inch longer than when I first found it. I won't even be able to just ignore it for a while either, apparently.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kou - 02-19-2015

Customers that seem to expect you to cater to their every whim and desire for their $5 meal even though your shift was over approximately 30 minutes ago and your boss wanted you off the clock yesterday.

Seriously. If something is out of stock, and the worker is obviously frazzled and in the middle of doing something a little more important than your not-actually-gluten-free-corn-tortilla, maybe you could... I dunno, have a heart and not be a demanding prick?

*breathesheavilywhileburyingfaceinhands*

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 02-19-2015

That sucks man T_T

So I was highly anticipating the delivery of this really delicious calzone and hot wings... but then I got a call that their oven is down. T_T

I need to find out what my dinner is and get something to eat for lunch.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Warren Castille - 02-20-2015

IT'S FREEZING AT WORK AND I HAVE ON A HOODIE AND ALSO MY COAT AND NOW I HAVE AN ITCH ON MY ELBOW AND I CAN'T ADEQUATELY SCRATCH IT

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO SET MY ARM ON FIRE

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 09:41 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: IT'S FREEZING AT WORK AND I HAVE ON A HOODIE AND ALSO MY COAT AND NOW I HAVE AN ITCH ON MY ELBOW AND I CAN'T ADEQUATELY SCRATCH IT

What you need is a Zippo Hand Warmer!
[Image: zip001_zippo_hand_warmer_648main(1).jpg]

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Khoure - 02-20-2015

(02-12-2015, 10:59 AM)Gegenji Wrote: The Wednesday thread and a few incidents the past couple days have brought to the forefront of my mind another traffic-related hate of mine: Thic Drivers. No, that is not a typo, it's a term I actually coined specifically because of how much I dislike these people. It stands for Three Invisible Car Drivers.

Basically, those people who feel the need that the cushion between them and the car in front of them has to be wide enough to fit a sixteen wheeler comfortably. As if there were three more, invisible cars that only they can see and have to accommodate for, which led to the term.

you would not like me behind the wheels lmao. I hate driving and it scares me, so I'm only comfortable on the road when I have 3 full seconds of space, or in general enough to fit probably 2 cars, the 3rd if they had little room between them. I do go the speedlimit though, just with the buffer. Except when its rainy or icy. I understand why you don't like it, but driving is dangerous and sometimes I don't have the greatest reaction times and creating a larger amount of time to react in makes me feel safer Tongue

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - SessionZero - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 09:41 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: IT'S FREEZING AT WORK AND I HAVE ON A HOODIE AND ALSO MY COAT AND NOW I HAVE AN ITCH ON MY ELBOW AND I CAN'T ADEQUATELY SCRATCH IT

I feel your pain. Despite temps reaching -25 with wind chill, our tiny IT office keeps the A/C cranked and I sit directly underneath the vent.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 11:10 AM)Khoure Wrote:
(02-12-2015, 10:59 AM)Gegenji Wrote: The Wednesday thread and a few incidents the past couple days have brought to the forefront of my mind another traffic-related hate of mine: Thic Drivers. No, that is not a typo, it's a term I actually coined specifically because of how much I dislike these people. It stands for Three Invisible Car Drivers.

Basically, those people who feel the need that the cushion between them and the car in front of them has to be wide enough to fit a sixteen wheeler comfortably. As if there were three more, invisible cars that only they can see and have to accommodate for, which led to the term.

you would not like me behind the wheels lmao. I hate driving and it scares me, so I'm only comfortable on the road when I have 3 full seconds of space, or in general enough to fit probably 2 cars, the 3rd if they had little room between them. I do go the speedlimit  though, just with the buffer. Except when its rainy or icy. I understand why you don't like it, but driving is dangerous and sometimes I don't have the greatest reaction times and creating a larger amount of time to react in makes me feel safer Tongue

Haha, well a space to fit two cars or so is fine. That's still in the two-three second buffer that people like to have to have some reaction time. When I refer to three invisible cars, I mean including the invisible buffers for THOSE cars too. So it's not so much a space where you could squeeze three cars in if they were all willing to ride the bumpers of the others, and more like you could fit three school buses.

And, as mentioned, it's usually less folks wanting to have a comfortable cushion and more that it's some nitwit talking on their cell phone and thus also going well under the speed limit too. I tend to glance over as I go past them, and they're usually distracted in some way or another. On the phone, digging through a glove compartment, taking notes on a notepad. That sort of thing.

I won't lie and say I've never glanced at my phone when driving, but I at least try to have the common sense to do it with STOPPED. Like, at a light or something, or gridlock traffic where I'm not moving anyway. And even then, it's usually just glancing at the map app. Not, like, texting or holding a conversation like these nimrods seem to be doing.

If I need to call someone, I will either pull over for it or - a new option with my newer car - use the hands-free system so I can just talk and keep both hands and eyes focused on driving.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - C'kayah Polaali - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 11:21 AM)Gegenji Wrote: And, as mentioned, it's usually less folks wanting to have a comfortable cushion and more that it's some nitwit talking on their cell phone and thus also going well under the speed limit too. I tend to glance over as I go past them, and they're usually distracted in some way or another. On the phone, digging through a glove compartment, taking notes on a notepad. That sort of thing.

You could always phone them in. A lot of states have distracted driving laws and these people are breaking them. Studies show, after all, that using a hand-held cell phone while driving is statistically as dangerous as driving while drunk.

Of course, other studies also show that using hands-free phone systems while driving is statistically as dangerous as using a hand-held phone while driving, so pick your poison.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 03:09 PM)C'kayah Polaali Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 11:21 AM)Gegenji Wrote: And, as mentioned, it's usually less folks wanting to have a comfortable cushion and more that it's some nitwit talking on their cell phone and thus also going well under the speed limit too. I tend to glance over as I go past them, and they're usually distracted in some way or another. On the phone, digging through a glove compartment, taking notes on a notepad. That sort of thing.

You could always phone them in. A lot of states have distracted driving laws and these people are breaking them. Studies show, after all, that using a hand-held cell phone while driving is statistically as dangerous as driving while drunk.

Of course, other studies also show that using hands-free phone systems while driving is statistically as dangerous as using a hand-held phone while driving, so pick your poison.

I've used my car's built in bluetooth speaker phone system all of three times. Also, phoning them in while driving seems like it'd defeat the purpose. The alternative is to try and memorize their license plates before passing and trying to verify... and that's way too much effort I want to spend on these idiots.

Cops also say not to pull over to the shoulder in the road unless for very big emergencies and also would not like you to do it for phone calls where you are stopped.

People are so weird about that shit.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Ha'uruh Nunh - 02-20-2015

I leave 3 car lengths or so in the pitch black mornings on the Beltway, Chachan. Traffic loves to come to an abrupt halt. Saw someone rear-end someone else in the left lane once.

(02-20-2015, 05:56 PM)Ha Wrote: I leave 3 car lengths or so in the pitch black mornings on the Beltway, Chachan. Traffic loves to come to an abrupt halt. Saw someone rear-end someone else in the left lane once.

I've... been involved in an accident when traffic came to an abrupt halt. 60mph to 40mph very fast... >.>;

Anyway it also reminded me of this video
[youtube]sS3BVVK9V-A[/youtube]