Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Jijinji - 07-12-2013

I guess I could use some help with settling into the community and help me with the lore as I have been to lazy to research it thoroughly.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Chakha Malqir - 07-14-2013

Hey guys!

Considering my lack of knowledge of the FFXIV RP world, it would be nice to have some help with getting to know the community as well as getting some help with developing my character!

If you would like to get in touch with me, my Skype is hakuro.de.killer .

Thank you very much!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Abaigeal - 07-16-2013

I want to HALP!!!

Well..If I can... I mean...

So this is more of a half way thing? I am familiar with the game, but NOT TOO familiar with it (though Beta P2 and P3 have got me about Grid and Uldah pretty well) But what I don't know I research and find out the answers. 

However, I Like to think I am pretty awesome at RP and helping others find there own niche. If you don't mind having haphazard tales of getting lost in Eorzea and fun learning experience of figuring stuff out together, I am game for helping those that want to become more active or more spur of the moment in their RP. If that makes sense? 

Maybe not?? Idk... But I figured I would toss My RP services out there! ♥

That being said just in case...:

Show Content

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Barios - 07-16-2013

Wouldn't mind being a mentor myself...RP wise would be great to show people the ropes. Lore wise...eh I think I'd need to be a mentoree in that department. Either way, I'm up for teaching or learning! If being a mentor is needed most I'll go do that, but I personally wouldn't mind be taught. Even with the old man character of mine.

You learn something new every day right? So feel free to PM me anything having to do with RPing..can even have Barios in game show some youngins' how things are done.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Bauldric - 07-16-2013

Now that I've gotten more of a footing with the game and I am finding the lore easily I can be a mentor.

If anyone wants some help I am able to do so! Just PM me! Chocobo

I've been rping for a long time and in many MMOs. If you come to me know I am a heavy rper and will be giving you the perspectives of such as well I've always rped in MMOs so that may affect my help as well.

I believe I am friendly and approachable!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - FreelanceWizard - 07-16-2013

I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring as a potential mentor. I apparently know a lot about the ARR main scenario quest and miqo'te lore, which surprises me because "loremaster" isn't a term I usually associate with myself. Smile What I can offer is a lot of experience in RP and someone who's very willing to RP (and drag you along into RP). I also may have an LS in play for launch, though I'm still working out the details on that and determining if I really have the time to devote to it. I'm also very keen on RP dungeoneering and questing, so if that's your interest, even better.

So, if you're interested, feel free to poke me with a PM and we'll work something out.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Elisea Renyven - 07-16-2013

Domos expressed interest in me being their mentor, if there is anyone else who wants mentored, hit me up. We can talk!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - noClue - 07-17-2013

Anyone mentors around Gilgamesh want to help me out, possibly talk outside of game if need be until phase 4 starts? Would love to be in Balmung but have all my friends in Gilgamesh.
My knowledge of RP is essentially what the handbook on these forums discusses, lol.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - lady2beetle - 07-17-2013

I think it's time for me to break down and ask for a mentor. >.> I'd love someone who is fluent in Garlean lore and can let me pick their break for resources and/or ideas. Thanks!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Jonexe - 07-17-2013

I'm not really looking for a true mentor; but I could use someone(s) to be a sounding board.

I work a lot better when I have someone who is actively giving me constructive criticism and offering inputs of their own.

They'd be helping with everything from character race, look, basic concept, and even wordplay when I finally get everything set in stone. I'd prefer someone whose willing to tell me when something is boring, lame, or overly cliche; while giving ideas on how to improve. 

I'd also be willing to do the same for someone else, if that's something you feel you'd like.

Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Xeon - 07-18-2013

Hello.

Me, JJDunn and M'risha are currently in a mentorship relation i guess you call it with M'risha listed as the mentor, however in its current form its more of a mutualistic symbios or something where we all help eachother with inputs so on and so forth.

Anyhow, the reason im posting even if i am listed as the mentee(?) We would gladly take in people that would either wanna just rp with us possibly through pre-release established relations, whether its friends or family or likes the concept along those lines and wants to learn with and by us. Its not a linkshell i don't think its planned to be, just a us 3 so far that found eachother through the forum and decided to rp together. Makes it somewhat easier if you got a person or some people that you already know either somewhat irl and then get to know inrp or already know inrp. To start rping.

So yea, i guess PM or or one of the others if you're intressted or leave a reply here.

Look forward to meeting and talking to anyone intressted.

-Xeon

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - FreelanceWizard - 07-19-2013

Aaand I've picked up Varessa and will be subjecting her to both miqo'te lore references and L'yhta's sometimes annoying enthusiasm and desire to meet new people. Smile

I'm still willing to help out anyone else who might want some help, too!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kira - 07-19-2013

Okay so, don't mind the awkward, not used to just putting myself out there like this ^^;

I'm Kiit or Kira or Kiitie or weird girl, I respond to them all. Smile I'm a 27 yr old woman working on clawing her way out of charlotte atm. I have probably about a decade and a half of RP experience, ranging from LARP, to table top, to interactive table top (long story, ask if you're curious ^.~), and quite a few MMOs.  I've only been involved in FFXIV since Phase 3 beta for ARR but I've been soaking up as much lore as possible to make sure my own little ones fit well into the structure.

If anyone would be interested in working with a mentor with far too much knowledge of FF in general, plenty of time to spare, an avid interest in what others come up with for background stories, etc. I'd be more than happy to volunteer my services. I could probably help in both IC and OOC terms, although my main Kira Fia won't be the nicest IC at first- she has some "issues" to work out ^^;

Send me a PM if interested, or if you wanna talk and get to know me a little better before asking me to adopt you Tongue

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gideon Aryeh - 07-19-2013

(07-17-2013, 09:07 AM)noClue Wrote: Anyone mentors around Gilgamesh want to help me out, possibly talk outside of game if need be until phase 4 starts? Would love to be in Balmung but have all my friends in Gilgamesh.
My knowledge of RP is essentially what the handbook on these forums discusses, lol.
 PM me anytime you want with any questions you have

RE: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Ellie - 07-22-2013

In order to help streamline the process of finding a mentor, we've created a new thread, and will therefore be locking this one to keep as an archive for later reference.