Hydaelyn Role-Players
Error 3102? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Error 3102? (/showthread.php?tid=3622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Error 3102? - Raccoon - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 02:47 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 02:41 PM)Raccoon Wrote: That's just romanticizing a people/culture. They have their problems just like everyone else, some the same and some quite different.
To be fair, even objectively, you can say they are in many ways better, in terms of things like crime rates, ratio of total population to incarcerated citizens, income equality, and so forth, all of which Japan ranks very highly in.

On the other hand, living in Japan means dealing with tons of social pressures from every direction, hence the high suicide rates. But if you ask me, that's a small price to pay for living in a place with that low a crime rate.

True, but it's also on the rise, mainly due to Westernization, or so they claim. We're corrupting their youths with our odd ideals and values. Plus we're turning them into criminals by making them upload anime and such for our perusal. Such horrible Westerners we are.

RE: Error 3102? - Firae - 08-18-2013

Man this is an annoying problem...least its just open beta. they better fix it before full release though

RE: Error 3102? - Z'karu - 08-18-2013

I tried to log in and was in the gridania loading screen for about half a minute before the error kicked in again, I felt like I was so close

So soul crushing.

RE: Error 3102? - Merri - 08-18-2013

[Image: iyF0aFY0poJG5.gif]

RE: Error 3102? - esperkitty - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 03:05 PM)Firae Wrote: Man this is an annoying problem...least its just open beta. they better fix it before full release though

Yeah.  Better to squish it now than to wait until Early Access / Launch!  Big Grin

@Merri - that is cool, too!

RE: Error 3102? - Fates Skein - 08-18-2013

Merri- you are super awesomesauce, dude.  Mind if I share that on my Tumblr?

(08-18-2013, 03:20 PM)Fates Skein Wrote: Merri- you are super awesomesauce, dude.  Mind if I share that on my Tumblr?

By all means. Is just a crappy .GIF I threw together in about ten seconds.

Courtesy of the reddit types.

[Image: 8599837391f1ba6913e564c543d1e35d.jpg]

(08-18-2013, 03:21 PM)Raccoon Wrote: Courtesy of the reddit types.

[Image: 8599837391f1ba6913e564c543d1e35d.jpg]
[Image: PtD30T4.jpg]

RE: Error 3102? - jubant86 - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 09:02 AM)Nierfenhimer Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 08:58 AM)Kokobiri Tetebiri Wrote: [Image: a416Iqd]I felt this to be necessary.

This one works better.

Very true. I just wanna get back to brandishing a book at people and things I don't like... and then sling death from the pages!

First thing I wanna do, though, if I can get back in before it's over is get a few levels in Thaumaturge so I can sling those spells about from my book'o'doom as well. lol

lol this makes me think of deathnote :3

RE: Error 3102? - The Hailer - 08-18-2013

In hopes of Square-Enix reading this.

Another FFXIV Open Beta Tester here, without the ability to sign into their character...which is already signed in. My character "The Hailer" on Behemoth, has been locked from logging in, since mid-day yesterday, I got to a whopping level 5 before my character was forcefully disconnected. 

The lack of clarity on the progression of these issues from developers/techs is amazing. The last informational update was regarding added worlds...as if the only problem was over-crowding on worlds, how about those already on a world, unable to log in? Letting users know what is going on, could save users hours of re-install efforts and router reboots, not to mention the frustration while attempting to fix your problem. Allegedly, this is an error that has been a problem since 2010.

It is a Beta test, and free, this I fully understand, yet a beta run is for testing errors, if you can not log in, I believe you have undercut the purpose of these very tests. The lack of information is annoying at best. 'Glad' to see SE hasn't gone against my expectations since I left FFXI. Frustrated

I'm posting this as a last ditch effort, in hopes of functionality before the Beta is over. SE, this is not helping your massive advertising campaign for the game. The world we live in has instant communication capability, to say you are late to the game is a colossal understatement. Please fix error 3102. Smile

Sincerely, a faithful Final Fantasy customer.

...why would SE read it here?

RE: Error 3102? - The Hailer - 08-18-2013

I was liberally "hopeful" a moderator would see it. SE doesn't exactly leave the option to contact customer support on the weekends. No effort is no gain in my theory. Laugh

RE: Error 3102? - Felix Sideris - 08-18-2013

My response to Error 3102:

Sho Ga Nai.

Or, in other words. It can't be helped.

What I mean by this is that take what life delivers you and make the best of it. I got locked out myself late Saturday night, so some might argue that I have no room to talk after having enough time to get somewhere decent (although I did work for 8 hours friday so I missed out on some time there as well). 

Tech issues happen, and they always will. Getting ruffled up about it isn't worth wasting the energy on. 

After all, we aren't on live yet. Tongue Once I give them money I will be expecting more. They had a surge of likely 100,000,000ish players, give or take, trying to log onto and consistently play all at once. It is -expected- to happen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if game companies purposely allowed the server to lock out randomized IP addresses in order to ease up server stress during times like this. We don't really know.

So, fall back onto the forums like we all will when Phase 4 ends. We can sit back, relax, and dream about playing in Eorzea. 

Oh and I am pretty bummed out myself. I am going to try to log in at 12:00 midnight tonight and see if I can at least run my character into my inn room to log out and get rest. If I an unable to do that then I lose out on all of that rested exp bonus I could have potentially had. So I completely understand.

Thumbsup But I'm happy that I got to log on at all, every time I log onto that game I feel like Kirito from SAO in episode one. 

Right after he logs in during initial release and fist pumping with the whole "I'm back." Yeah, I totally do that. Cheesy grin and all. 

If only Eorzea was VR'd and somehow locked us into the game because really Yoshi P is a crazy philosophically curious scientist and wants to see how we all handle/react/behave in that kind of situation.

RE: Error 3102? - Aleister - 08-18-2013

(08-18-2013, 04:46 PM)The Hailer Wrote: I was liberally "hopeful" a moderator would see it. SE doesn't exactly leave the option to contact customer support on the weekends. No effort is no gain in my theory. Laugh
I think you're posting in the wrong forums my friend.. I highly doubt they would no offense.. Yes they have announced they do go on fansites and browse around.. I doubt they will right now. They're pretty busy and would be focusing on their own forums.