Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung Restriction Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung Restriction Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Blue - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 08:36 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 02:19 PM)Blue Wrote: Lastly I'd like to stress just one more time of how I'd love if the RPC accepted the Official Forum's support more. It's thanks to them that we are receiving, for example, the City-state specific outfits coming 2.51. I like to think that my thread asking for them on the official boards helped this, and maybe it did, but more probably, someone asked for them on the JP boards Laugh It doesn't matter who did it in the end, but what matters is that I feel happy for asking in those forums.

So in the end, please do not think poorly of the Official Forums just because of the mess General Discussion can be sometimes. There are trolls there just as there are people ready for a civil discussion, and they will always have the attention of SE that these boards do not have.

TL;DR: The official forums are not evil! You just need to choose carefully the right section and the right topic/wording for your thread!

I've yet to see any sort of positive impact from an official forum. All MMOs included, not just this one.

MUCH LESS a non-Japanese forum for a Japanese MMO.

Well, you can find a good amount of them here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=8517

But just so I can give you one example, here's something that is very RP-Focused, my request of an IC Status Icon. Pretty much everyone has been positive and nice. I daresay, the rudest post was coming from an RPer him/herself instead.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/196200-An-IC-RP-status-would-be-nice-to-have!

My favorite comment in there being:
Quote:I support this too. I think it would be nice for the rpers to have. Lets others know when the show's about to start too. *doesn't rp in this game but likes to listen to others*

And with this post I'll try to not derail the topic further. I get too attached to things I like >_<; lol!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kaniko Niko - 02-24-2015

First post on the forums and all that rot. Just wanted to stop lurking and point out as someone who played FFXI for like six years from the PS2 release that everyone, and I do mean everyone had no less than two alts at any given time. I can't even begin to fathom where the idea that XI players are single-alt elitists comes from.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 02-24-2015

According to lodestone at 3am PST Balmung was open. 1 hr (at least) after patch.

Not that people care with Gold Saucer. XD

Was being the operative modifier. As of now, it's closed to me.

Well that's why I posted here and not the open thread :>

Considering certain areas are so congested that you may not get in *cough*Gold Saucer*cough* and people are getting stuck on the Loading Screens... I am pretty sure the window of opportunity into Balmung is much smaller now

Yeah. This update was my shot at getting into Balmung. Alas, I have failed greatly.

(02-24-2015, 09:30 AM)Datenshi Wrote: Yeah. This update was my shot at getting into Balmung. Alas, I have failed greatly.
According to Inessa, try again

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Bobo - 03-03-2015

As anyone seen Balmung open in the pass four days or so? Because I have seen every single server open but Balmung. And by the looks of it, the only chance I'll get will be before maintenance or after, with how things are going.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Berrod Armstrong - 03-03-2015

For the past month or so it's been opening on Wednesday and Thursday mornings around this time. If you don't get it happening this week, it'll probably have to be before or after the next maintenance, yeah.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-03-2015

Maintenance tomorrow night.

Mar. 4, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Mar. 5, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PST)

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kellach Woods - 03-03-2015

Everyone get in here.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-08-2015

So yeah as person who is planning to purchase the game, and still on my Free trial I am realizing that its limit is insane. Balmuung is like consis6tently the ONLY sever not OPEN. I have seen GIGLAMESH open more that I have seen Balmung open.

Wha6t are they thinking? Also do they not impl8iment and AFK kicker on this game? (Its a modern MMO why don't they have one?

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Faye - 03-08-2015

The restriction could be preventing us all from playing XIV with Gerard Way right now.

Let that sink in...

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 06:43 PM)Faye Wrote: The restriction could be preventing us all from playing XIV with Gerard Way right now.

Let that sink in...
...who?

And to be honest, you're also in a bad time. It is right now a free login period for those whose subscriptions have lapsed -right after- major content (namely Gold Saucer) was released.

There -have- been times where Balmung has been open and unfortunately Balmung is just the highest populated server. Without SE doing major things to fix that we're at a loss to help people fix it other than "go make your character on a different server for now and then transfer" or "get ready at this particular time for awhile to try".

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-08-2015

So hopefully come the 9th/10th it'll drop off a little bit and I can slip on with my little lady!