Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Parvacake - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 11:58 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: so yesterday was really nice out. it had been raining but that was enough to cool things off a bit and i was able to open the windows and get some fresh air in. today? i stepped outside, scampered back in, stole erik's thicker hooide to go over mine then went back outside in the 30 odd degree weather. why is it so cold in florida?????!! it was so nice yesterday! and now it's freezing! and before all the "you think that's cold try living *insert state/land mass further up north*" replies, ima stap you right there and tell you; i grew up in michigan and lived there for about 20 years.
i know it's colder in other areas, THAT'S WHY I MOVED TO FLORIDA!!
[Image: anigif_enhanced-24707-1408396811-24.gif]
I lived in the Daytona area and there were times the morning dew was frozen when I would walk out of the house to head to school. Come to Phoenix instead!

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 12:27 PM)Lilithium Wrote: I lived in the Daytona area and there were times the morning dew was frozen when I would walk out of the house to head to school. Come to Phoenix instead!

there was frost on the ground a couple weeks ago. i didn't like it >|
but even if i were to move to phoeix, i'd still freeze; erik likes it cold so the ac would be turned up and i'd be still whining from under a massive amounts of blankets and hoodies xD

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 12:54 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 12:27 PM)Lilithium Wrote: I lived in the Daytona area and there were times the morning dew was frozen when I would walk out of the house to head to school. Come to Phoenix instead!

but even if i were to move to phoeix, i'd still freeze; erik likes it cold so the ac would be turned up and i'd be still whining from under a massive amounts of blankets and hoodies xD
I went to the Glendale area for my brother's and his girlfriend's (now fiancée) Pharmacy school graduation. I did -not- like the heat. Oh god. I'm sorry but I loved having the ac on almost all the time cause I felt like I needed it. I whined like a little whiny bitch when he was taking pictures because I didn't want to take pictures outside. >.>;

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Alothia - 03-06-2015

So, things were starting off great this morning. Had a two hour delay because of the weather. I love sleeping in.

Buuuut...

I got out to my car to leave and it won't start. Lots of clicking noises, but no engine turning over. And it's weird, because my husband used the remote start before he left for work to help defrost my window. The automatic start will run for 10 minutes and then turn off, so I'm not sure what happened between then and when I left for work.  

It's just frustrating. Oi.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Inessa Hara - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 12:59 PM)Alothia Wrote: So, things were starting off great this morning. Had a two hour delay because of the weather. I love sleeping in.

Buuuut...

I got out to my car to leave and it won't start. Lots of clicking noises, but no engine turning over. And it's weird, because my husband used the remote start before he left for work to help defrost my window. The automatic start will run for 10 minutes and then turn off, so I'm not sure what happened between then and when I left for work.  

It sounds like your car has a dead battery. I had the same issue with my car and it would just keep clicking when I started it.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 12:58 PM)Kage Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 12:54 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:

I went to the Glendale area for my brother's and his girlfriend's (now fiancée) Pharmacy school graduation. I did -not- like the heat. Oh god. I'm sorry but I loved having the ac on almost all the time cause I felt like I needed it. I whined like a little whiny bitch when he was taking pictures because I didn't want to take pictures outside. >.>;

i'm comfy in 80+ degree weather. i will say when it gets past the mid 90's it's hot but still..you'd prolly freeze me out with the ac too o3o

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 12:59 PM)Alothia Wrote: So, things were starting off great this morning. Had a two hour delay because of the weather. I love sleeping in.

Buuuut...

Dead battery? Needs a charge?

Corrosion? This has happened to me. About $2k in repairs because the corrosion got to all the terminals.

Starter motor solenoid? This was actually something I was affected by. My 2001 camry had a solenoid go bad.

(03-06-2015, 01:17 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: i'm comfy in 80+ degree weather. i will say when it gets past the mid 90's it's hot but still..you'd prolly freeze me out with the ac too o3o
During that time, we had to use the AC just to get it into the 80s :<

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-07-2015

full grown adults that wear pajamas and/or slippers to the mall at five in the afternoon. put some frickin clothes on if you gotta go out, it looks sloppy and lazy >|

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-10-2015

So after working for like 6 months with the cable company trying to check wtf is up with things..

They decide it is the cable inside the walls. The line.

And now my apartment complex is in the process of "deciding" about the quote from the electrician to do the rewire since it means work on the walls and the pavement etc. Which is costly.

But gdi it ain't my fault the lines are bad and it's just not good to live with such instability.

So they an email to "Tell us how your experience has been."

"/smallrant"

[Image: remove-dihydrogen-monoxide-subway-h2okills.png]

The amount of people I saw saying "they announced recently that they took it out!!!"

Please do a teeny tiny bit of reading. Just a bit

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 03-10-2015

That's, like, a high school chemistry joke. Do people still fall for that? IT EVEN SAYS IT'S H[sub]2[/sub]O IN THE HASHTAG.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 06:20 PM)Gegenji Wrote: That's, like, a high school chemistry joke. Do people still fall for that? IT EVEN SAYS IT'S H[sub]2[/sub]O IN THE HASHTAG.

Oh believe me. They do. and it's hilarious.

http://dhmo.org/facts.html

Seriously.

Look at a portion of the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/photos/a.456449604376056.98921.367116489976035/1055635204457490/?type=1

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE T_T

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Telluride - 03-10-2015

(03-10-2015, 06:22 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 06:20 PM)Gegenji Wrote: That's, like, a high school chemistry joke. Do people still fall for that? IT EVEN SAYS IT'S H[sub]2[/sub]O IN THE HASHTAG.

Oh believe me. They do. and it's hilarious.

http://dhmo.org/facts.html

Yes, they do. I can vouch. I pulled this on my class when I was a Composition/Persuasive Writing teacher, as a demonstration of how tone, style and word choice work in an argument.

50% of the classes needed me to let them in on the joke after 30 minutes. The other half still took a while to figure it out, save for a few slick ones who understood that it would be funnier to play along. Cool

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 03-18-2015

Not quite a big rant but..

"How to identify if player is guy or girl"
"guy playing as girl is creepy" (referring to male players just having a female character)
/twitch

And then I saw
"I read an entire study on this once, main detail that stuck in my head that actually has helped me spot guy/girl many times, Is that male tend to jump around alot when there moving/bored, were female players dont. "
/checks

I am a guy! Apparently! According to this study!