Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung Restriction Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung Restriction Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Y'lani - 03-15-2015

Damn, no amount of logging out and logging back in helped me with that queue window. Maybe Squeenix is trying to tell me to just clean the house already.

That wasn't on my to-do list for today. ;;

Cactuar

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Spethah - 03-15-2015

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you have the "Players in queue: 1" and cancelling does not remove it, just restart the game.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Y'lani - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 12:51 PM)Ralyon Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you have the "Players in queue: 1" and cancelling does not remove it, just restart the game.

Mmhm! That's working for some (with the exception of me) so I also recommend this course of action for those who cannot log in because of the queue window.

EDIT: A helpful Enzo told me that changing your data center from American to Japanese multiple times and trying to log into Balmung after each change should also help with the queue. The more you know!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Cato - 03-15-2015

I'm not sure whether it actually helped or I just got lucky but closing down the game entirely, waiting five minutes and then trying to get back online allowed me to skip the queue problems.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kellach Woods - 03-20-2015

PRO TIP : You can access the character creator even if Balmung isn't up, so save your character's appearance with a comment with their name to accelerate the creation process when Balmung is actually open.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 04-22-2015

I wanted to post in this thread since it -is- the discussion for the topic.

Anyway, as I theorized before, it looks like Balmung has 'stabilized' into having a consistent but by no means concretely set open window for character creation.

It seems that Balmung seems generally open now on Weekdays 3am PST-7am PST which is what seemed to be the open window for creation before the Christmas holidays.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - K'nahli - 04-22-2015

I am strongly of the same opinion solely due to the massive influx of RMT tells and bots I've been seeing lately - relative to the near-zero we used to get beforehand anyways.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 04-22-2015

>.> I actually still get less than 5 tells a day on average of RMT tells. I think the most I had in one day was 7 if that.

Though there was a time when I used to only get 5 a week so the tells are up.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - SicketySix - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 10:40 AM)Kage Wrote: >.> I actually still get less than 5 tells a day on average of RMT tells. I think the most I had in one day was 7 if that.

Though there was a time when I used to only get 5 a week so the tells are up.
I received 4 tells for RMT in just under 2hrs this morning.
Funny thing for me is, the later in the day it gets, the less I receive them.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - ZacharyVolfire - 04-23-2015

I play on behemoth but we have the same issues as all of you itseems Every time i recruit a friend into FF io have ot tel lthem the first time ot make a char wont be til 3am the next day. at best.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Domri Blackblade - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 12:47 AM)ZacharyVolfire Wrote: I play on behemoth but we have the same issues as all of you itseems Every time i recruit a friend into FF io have ot tel lthem the first time ot make a char wont be til 3am the next day. at best.

I know the feeling. I recently talked a good friend of mine into rejoining and was so apprehensive of the part where she'd have to make a character at strange hours of the night. LUCKILY, she already had one.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - SaintEaon - 04-23-2015

The first week  I came back I had to try logging in at weird times every day for about a week before I finally got in. Took my best friend about as long a few weeks later.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Rurel Dunewall - 04-23-2015

I used a site to set up email alerts for when Balmung opened up. From what I can gather it's pretty frequent. 1pm GMT Mon-Fri without fail, looking at my inbox.

I have to agree that it's pretty silly to disallow creating new characters on the server whenever you like if you already have one there, but with how often it's opening it hasn't caused me any issues. And simply saving the appearance for a character does speed the process up ten fold.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - SicketySix - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 06:34 AM)Rurel Dunewall Wrote: And simply saving the appearance for a character does speed the process up ten fold.
Unless you are anything like me.

I will sit at the creation menu for 2hrs perfecting my character, will save appearance when I am 100% satisfied with my character, then, as soon as I reload it, I instantly see multiple things that I know longer like!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kayfaei - 01-26-2016

(04-23-2015, 06:34 AM)Rurel Dunewall Wrote: I used a site to set up email alerts for when Balmung opened up. From what I can gather it's pretty frequent. 1pm GMT Mon-Fri without fail, looking at my inbox.

I have to agree that it's pretty silly to disallow creating new characters on the server whenever you like if you already have one there, but with how often it's opening it hasn't caused me any issues. And simply saving the appearance for a character does speed the process up ten fold.
Do you still happen to have this website?