Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung Restriction Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung Restriction Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-26-2016

(01-26-2016, 12:55 PM)Kayfaei Wrote:
(04-23-2015, 06:34 AM)Rurel Dunewall Wrote: I used a site to set up email alerts for when Balmung opened up. From what I can gather it's pretty frequent. 1pm GMT Mon-Fri without fail, looking at my inbox.

I have to agree that it's pretty silly to disallow creating new characters on the server whenever you like if you already have one there, but with how often it's opening it hasn't caused me any issues. And simply saving the appearance for a character does speed the process up ten fold.
Do you still happen to have this website?

We learned that the most of the websites that reported open servers reported based on the Lodestone, which is only updated every 4 hours for status. Given that Balmung typically closes new accounts within about 5 minutes (barring an active server crash in progress), by the time you get an alert, the server is usually already closed and has been for quite a while.

Some people do have success staying up late (or early depending on timezones) and effectively click-spamming the launcher/server during the maintenance period so that in the event maintenance ends early/ends on time, they are one of the first people to login. It's certainly not the best of methods, but does work.

Given that Balmung is probably one of the most densly populated servers (active logins vs total characters/accounts), creation tends to close almost immediately once people begin logging in.While we haven't hit physical limits on the server in a while (ie, the zone becomes locked because too many people are in it already), it is something that usually happens around patches.

If you're the type of person who would be making multiple characters, I'd suggest a server transfer, where you can transfers as many characters as your account allows for one transfer fee. (Assuming you have a standard account, that means 8 characters from one server to Balmung for a single $18 transfer fee. The original server does need ot be the same for this to apply, iirc.)

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kayfaei - 01-26-2016

Thank you for this info. I am off for a few days i'll try the 3am-5am method and see if I can win a spot on it.  I just would of never thought trying to get into a server would be this hard haha. I'm on the standard account. Got my toon all made and a name picked out.  Smile

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Saeran - 02-03-2016

I was just curious about this;

I have 3 characters on another server I'd like to bring to Balmung through a world transfer. In the small print, however, I saw that they can request you choose a world other than Balmung or even impose upon you to move your characters to a different world after the transfer has gone through without a refund.

Has anyone had any issue with transferring to Balmung?

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Lamia - 02-03-2016

I just- transferred a bunch of characters over to Balmung literally monday. You should be perfectly fine to transfer on in :3

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Yuvan - 06-19-2016

Hello! Sorry to resurrect a sleeping thread but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting onto Balmung recently? I've been trying to a character in with the server transfer on Mogstation but I can't even select a world if it's locked, Balmung doesn't even appear on the list! I've tried this several times now but I've had no luck.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 04:02 AM)Yuvan Wrote: Hello! Sorry to resurrect a sleeping thread but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting onto Balmung recently? I've been trying to a character in with the server transfer on Mogstation but I can't even select a world if it's locked, Balmung doesn't even appear on the list! I've tried this several times now but I've had no luck.

Balmung should still be selectable. (Or, it is at the time of writing). The servers are not in alphabetical order (likely ordered by data center).

I haven't seen the server open up outside of when patches and maintenance bring it offline/online, however. ...it is quite full of people during peak hours!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Yuvan - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 04:23 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Balmung should still be selectable. (Or, it is at the time of writing). The servers are not in alphabetical order (likely ordered by data center).

I haven't seen the server open up outside of when patches and maintenance bring it offline/online, however. ...it is quite full of people during peak hours!

Thanks! I'll wait and see. I'd do a screengrab of the server dropdown list on the transfer page to prove I'm not crazy but I'm too damn lazy Sad

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-19-2016

(06-19-2016, 05:21 AM)Yuvan Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 04:23 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Balmung should still be selectable. (Or, it is at the time of writing). The servers are not in alphabetical order (likely ordered by data center).

Thanks! I'll wait and see. I'd do a screengrab of the server dropdown list on the transfer page to prove I'm not crazy but I'm too damn lazy Sad

It's usually there, just hidden. If you're trying to get to it from a phone, it's easy to scroll past.

[Image: c0JTeZo.png]

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Lydia Lightfoot - 06-19-2016

I just transferred two characters to Balmung yesterday, so it's definitely working. Smile

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Scaith - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 08:15 PM)O Wrote: I just transferred two characters to Balmung yesterday, so it's definitely working. Smile
As have I in the last week, I think there's no restrictions atm on transfers.