Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. [See 'Whispervine' LS Directory Listing] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. [See 'Whispervine' LS Directory Listing] (/showthread.php?tid=10309)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Salinas - 02-24-2015

Oh mama, hit me up if the linkshell ever becomes a thing. ლ(=ↀωↀ=)ლ

Rhian would like some shady friends. Or contacts. Do people who work in this kind of business even make friends with their fellow baddies?

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Lillini - 02-24-2015

Noxaelius mostly keeps to himself but he has been pirating in the past and still does some underground smuggling etc. in Limsa so I'd definitely be interested.

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - salads - 02-25-2015

This is a great idea! My miqo'te could use more "shadiness" in his life. Big Grin

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Parvacake - 02-25-2015

I have some characters who could definitely utilize this. Smile

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Rosamund - 02-25-2015

I'm very interested in this! Can I have an invite if it's been created already?

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Khoure - 02-25-2015

Synglona isn't interested in doing crime because she doesn't like personally inconveniencing people, but she grew up in a pirate family and so has an extremely disinterested view of law and plenty of family contacts in the piracy, black market, and most port/coastal focused crime. She doesn't bother breaking the law much herself, but she has no qualms generally in being a contact or messenger. If that's connected enough to the underground, I'd love an invite too! More shady LS don't really fit her since she's not really directly into shady stuff at this point, but at the same time she is still somewhat involved or at least fairly aware of underground happenings

Also, some alternate names could be "word on the street" or "word of mouth"

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Kilid/Torhe - 02-25-2015

I'm seconding Inarah on this one.  If it already exists, could I also get an invite, please?  Would be very useful for what we do, ICly.  Although it's probably more likely that Inarah has the direct contacts.

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Gegenji - 02-25-2015

(02-24-2015, 08:58 PM)Xheja Rajhera Wrote: Fun fact. Apparently "The Grapevine" won't work as an LS name because it contains a "restricted word". 

The joys of overly sensitive profanity filters.

Edit:  The working/placeholder name is now "Shhh!". Please, someone, for the love of all that is holy. Come up with something better.

It's the cockroach thing all over again... Sad

Well, other folks have provided other options, so I'll offer one. I like the idea of "whisper" from the Whispering Bird... and I stubbornly want to keep the whole grapevine allegory to it. So how about... Whisperwine?

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Jaliqai - 02-25-2015

Lots of interest! c: Looks like I'll be making the LS a reality soon. Hopefully it'll be ready by the end of the week. 
As for names, I'm liking the Whisper part too. How about something like Back-alley Whispers or Alleyway Whispers?

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Khoure - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 09:01 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Well, other folks have provided other options, so I'll offer one. I like the idea of "whisper" from the Whispering Bird... and I stubbornly want to keep the whole grapevine allegory to it. So how about... Whisperwine?

ooh, that's a good one. Or whispervine? When it's put like that, whisper does sound kind of cool.

Ooh. Whispervine does sound rather neat!

Well! It seems like the question has become a less "Should we?" and became more of a "How should we?"

That said, what do people think about a small website (like enjin) -- membership completely optional -- to keep up with things like who is who, what they're known for, amongst what circles, etc.? 

Could also be used for RP hooks (i.e. 'Hey, I'm looking to get in touch with someone with a load of Ceruleum batteries. Any takers?' *coughmeikocough*) and keeping track of things that might be whispered about on the streets but are difficult to propagate in-game to a wider audience ('So-and-so was jumped in Pearl Lane today by that-other-guy over a gambling debt.' Etc.) And a calendar for related events, maybe.

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Aris - 02-25-2015

Fab idea, I'm also very interested. Smile

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Rosamund - 02-25-2015

An Enjin site could be convenient. I'd sign up to it, at least. Smile

RE: Interest Survey! 'Underground' Networking Linkshell. - Jaliqai - 02-26-2015

An update for all the interested parties!

I've decided on the name 'Whispervine' (thanks to everyone for the wonderful suggestions!) and I've created a logo for the group. I've also snagged the LS in-game. 

I've started working on a small, membership-optional website for ease of networking purposes. If it works and people like it, we'll keep it. If not, we'll not! But everything's coming along, and hopefully I should be able to finish it all up and open up membership this weekend.