Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Inspirations! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Inspirations! (/showthread.php?tid=10828)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Character Inspirations! - SM Nick - 03-27-2015

Time to point out inspirations for another character of mine!

Niklas was originally supposed to act as my avatar, complete with my green eyes, tan complexion, and dark brown hair. But then he turned into a reference of normal Final Fantasy heroes like the Warrior of Light, Bartz, and also Fire Emblem heroes like Marth, Seliph (FE4), Ike, and Chrom.

He is like Bartz due to his nature and the fact that he has his own Chocobo named "Choco".

He's based on the Fire Emblem heroes I chose due to his blue hair and the fact that they are all knight-like swordsman, much like Nik.

Also my main Solis is based off classic Shonen heroes and FF heroes like Bartz, Tidus, Zidane, and Vaan, personality-wise. He is also unintentionally like Cloud due to wielding a huge sword like him.

Sakura is a reference to the kunoichi from feudal Japan as a whole, but I guess an inspiration for her are Rena Ryuugu from Higurashi (due to her dual personality of sorts, except the insanity of course), and Nagisa from Clannad(pure heart).

Maximilian, aka Max...My first and most obvious inspiration/reference is Shinpachi Shimura from Gintama. They both act as the straight man, both wear glasses, and both have older sisters. Another inspiration would have to be Harry Potter: they both wield magic, also use glasses, and they just look kinda similar to me.

As for Rena, another inspiration is Kagura from Gintama, due to her exceptional (not supernatural) strength for their age and build, and personality-wise too.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Flashhelix - 03-27-2015

Big Boss
Martin David (The Hunter)
Plenty of western characters, but namely William Munny (Unforgiven)
Big Boss again

RE: Character Inspirations! - Dogberry - 03-27-2015

Dogberry:

Captain Ahab
Batou from Ghost in the Shell
Marv from Sin City

Iskierka:

Morrigan from Dragon Age
Lina Inverse from Slayers
John Constantine

RE: Character Inspirations! - Qhora Bajihri - 03-27-2015

She didn't initially have any, but I've tripped on some.

Ray from In Bruges
Mai from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Ai Enma from Hell Girl
Kyubey from Madoka Magica
Jin from Samurai Champloo

RE: Character Inspirations! - Aaron - 03-27-2015

Squall, Cloud, Vincent. 

His reason for being moody isn't the same though. Poor Aaron was shy ever since he was a baby, the constant bullying didn't help give him high esteem exactly. 

He acts cold and tough because he doesn't want people treating him like they were when he was little.

RE: Character Inspirations! - SM Nick - 04-03-2015

Thanks to the help given to me by you guys (mainly Flynt Tongue), I made Rena a much better reference to Sun Wukong!

[Image: AiwMft2.png]
[Image: MBpeRVC.png]

Is this much better than before? Are there still improvements to do? I know I still need the circlet to represent Wukong's diadem.

Don't be afraid to state inspirations for YOUR character too!

RE: Character Inspirations! - Edvyn - 04-03-2015

tank girl (tank girl)
eris (greek myth)
alice liddell (american mcgee's alice)
daria (daria)
lain (serial experiments lain)
damian thorn (the omen)
jackie estacado (the darkness)
yelena rossini (transmetropolitan)
john constantine (hellblazer)
re-l mayer (ergo proxy)
noodle (gorillaz)

[youtube]Tdwnp0K_Ack[/youtube]

RE: Character Inspirations! - Meena - 04-03-2015

It is no secret that my character got her name from this movie.

[Image: hotarubi_no_mori_e_wallpaper_6-other.jpg]
Hotarubi no Mori E.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Kaniko Niko - 04-04-2015

[Image: tumblr_lpgxk0eEBN1qehmh1o1_500.gif]

Quote:Now watch closely, everyone. I'm going to show you how to kill a god—a god of life and of death. The trick is not to fear him.

Kaniku is Maven of Irontown in Lalafell size.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Telluride - 04-04-2015

Oh, quite a few, quite a few.

Apparently, Porthos of the Three Musketeers is a big one, though I didn't realize HOW big until recently.

A wee dash of Richard Cheese for that hint of cornball. Technically, he's a character.

A little Lando Calrissian for that smoooooth. Colt 45 not included.

Some Paul Bunyan, Mike Fink, and a few other characters from American Folklore / Tall Tales for that Big Man Of The Woods confidence.

A smidgen of James Bond and Austin Powers fighting with each other over an Amazonian beauty for that bit of lustiness. Get THAT image out of your head.

And for obscure: Till Eulenspiegel of German folklore, for that bit of trickster-god.

Bugs Bunny, minus the cross-dressing... shut up. The hats ARE masculine.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Flickering Ember - 04-04-2015

Ember is....

1 part blind super fighter via Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender
1 part wild woman via Ayla from Chrono Trigger
1 part super affectionate via.....my cat.

So there you have it. Mash up of Toph, Ayla, and my favorite cuddly IRL companion.
There might be other characters she could resemble buy its these two characters plus one entity! that were used as inspirations from the very start.

RE: Character Inspirations! - ArmachiA - 04-04-2015

I don't intentionally base them off of anyone, but they do share roots with some people.

Armi
Winnifred "Fred" Burkle from Angel
Rapunzel from Tangled
Eri Kamei (Herself, Ex-Morning Musume member)
Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
Jessica Day from New Girl
Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live

Loki
Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop
Jo Lupo from Eureka
Zoe from Firefly
Selina Kyle (Catwoman) From the Batman Series.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Soalean Monterey - 04-04-2015

I unintentionally based Soalean off of Big Boss. I stole the CQC fighting style for her unarmed combat style, that much was intentional, and playing sneaky characters has always been my kind of thing, but let's count that anyway. She's also lost most of the function of her left eye.

RE: Character Inspirations! - Domri Blackblade - 04-04-2015

Though Domri is just straight out of my head with no real inspirations beyond aspects of my past RP characters, he is Lucille Bluth's eyeroll personified.

[Image: tumblr_m6ezsb8W0H1qd5xrao1_250.gif]

RE: Character Inspirations! - Eve - 04-04-2015

Woo! First post on the sight!

I would have to say Evaine is a mixture of different characters, both from my own ideas and others from different sources. Her name is one, Leblanc from League of Legends. She also has a mixture of a mesmer/Leblanc personality, with everything not appearing as it may seem.

There is a dab of Vincent Valentine from the popular game series, Final Fantasy VII, when it comes to her silent demeanor, wishing to listen in on the conversation. And before battles, she will give her insight in a rather cryptic manner. 

The rest is from my own mind yet I have to thank the others I have role-played with over the years to help me form such an interesting and, at times, difficult to roleplay character. Moogle