Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available (/showthread.php?tid=11137)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Heavensward Website updated! - Warren Castille - 04-17-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/

Dark Knight Wrote:"The pious Ishgardian clergy guide the flock, and the devout knights protectthe weak. Yet even the holiest of men succumb to the darkest of temptations.

None dare to administer justice to these sacrosanct elite residing outside the reach of the law. Who, then, defends the feeble from the transgressions of those meant to guide and protect them?

A valiant few take up arms to defend the downtrodden, and not even the holy priests and knights can escape their judgment. Pariahs in their own land, they are known by many as "dark knights."

These sentinels bear no shields declaring their allegiance. Instead, their greatswords act as beacones to guide the meek through darkness."

Today I learned I've been playing a non-Ishgardian Dark Knight since 1.0. Cool.

RE: Heavensward Website updated! - mongi291 - 04-17-2015

I can already see the plot of their quests as a mix between the Rogues' quests, with Ishgardian clergy and knights instead of pirates, and Warriors' quests, with darkness instead of the inner beast.

RE: Heavensward Website updated! - Kellach Woods - 04-17-2015

I think I'll make my Au Ra be a Dank Knight.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Berrod Armstrong - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 07:31 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 07:26 AM)mongi291 Wrote: So using Batman to announce Dark Knight wasn't just a one-time reference...
And to be honest I like this chivalrous take on Dark Knights. Dark Knights aren't just emo edgelords: they are knights.

I had almost no intention of using the DRK lore anyways, but I kinda feel like they should have just called them Knights instead of Dark Knights if they were going to make them... not so dark. In either case I'll reserve my opinion on them until I can see their job quests.
I'm pretty sure the 'Dark' comes from the source of their power and not their moral standing!

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Kellach Woods - 04-17-2015

It also comes from the fact that if they defend the downtrodden from the abuses of the Holy See, they'd have to work in the... Dark.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Aaron - 04-17-2015

Awwwww yis.

IMA be tanking for days with DRK.

Also if you read the lore,
[Image: story_job_txt_01_01.png?d3bebdav1]

They're called /Dark/ knights because they're going against the wishes of the Ishguardians to protect those outside the law.

It's like they're traitors in a sense. Or Civil Heretics lol

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Warren Castille - 04-17-2015

*puts on his tinfoil farseeing cap*

Dark Knights are pariahs in their own lands. THANKS, SE, FOR GIVING US YET ANOTHER ISHGARDIAN-SPECIFIC CLASS.

Because the arguments over DRGs being all over Eorzea aren't enough!

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - ProvaDiServo - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 07:58 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: *puts on his tinfoil farseeing cap*

Dark Knights are pariahs in their own lands. THANKS, SE, FOR GIVING US YET ANOTHER ISHGARDIAN-SPECIFIC CLASS.

Not Letting that hold me back. I'm gonna meet that conflict head on IC XD

Or ooc if people really wanna lore check meh.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Aduu Avagnar - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 05:17 AM)Nailah Wrote: [Image: tumblr_nbwvgj3BJP1qks73io1_400.gif]

^Me right now. 

Finally some stuff! I don't like the fact that they made one of the au ri clans solitary and only adventuring on a "rare" occasion, mostly because it's rather restrictive when you go an RP it.. And though they left the door open, if you have twenty people doing it in your RP group/where you usually RP it probably wont feel as rare as it's supposed to be.
Have you not seen the number of Miqo'te men out there? Tongue

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Warren Castille - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 08:06 AM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 07:58 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: *puts on his tinfoil farseeing cap*

It's actually pretty easy to work around. All a character would have to do is hear rumors about the Bat dark knights operating under the noses of the Holy See, then get inspired to do the same. I'm not sure where TEH DRAKNESS comes into play but that almost doesn't matter - the intent of the class seems like more than enough to get people to unite under that ideology.

"Is the system the problem" has been a recurring theme in my RP for a bit. Warren won't be becoming a Dark Knight, but I'm probably going to switch him to a Greatsword maybe? Knowing that he's not "alone" in that sense would do him some good, though.

We Batman, Inc. now.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - ProvaDiServo - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 08:10 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 08:06 AM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:

It's actually pretty easy to work around. All a character would have to do is hear rumors about the Bat dark knights operating under the noses of the Holy See, then get inspired to do the same. I'm not sure where TEH DRAKNESS comes into play but that almost doesn't matter - the intent of the class seems like more than enough to get people to unite under that ideology.

"Is the system the problem" has been a recurring theme in my RP for a bit. Warren won't be becoming a Dark Knight, but I'm probably going to switch him to a Greatsword maybe? Knowing that he's not "alone" in that sense would do him some good, though.

We Batman, Inc. now.

I'm gonna spike your juice with void kool-aid! Make ya Certified!

Lol Aleria might become a DRK. My roomy already squealing over that stuff.

She needs to get her own PS4 now tho >_<.

Aaron will probably be a ROG DRK (See what I did there?)

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Kishi - 04-17-2015

[Image: frabz-im-batman-60fb5d.jpg]

Sorry I had too XD!

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - mongi291 - 04-17-2015

They already gave the bat PvP gear to Ninja, tho...
Petition to change this, anyone? SE can't make all those reference and then leave us without a bat costume :c