Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character's wardrobe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your character's wardrobe (/showthread.php?tid=11385)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Your character's wardrobe - SunTzu7 - 04-30-2015

I turn up to the grindstone with a different healer outfit every week. But as a spy, Artemis carries around a bunch of different outfits, though I usually have one 'standard' outfit at a time with everything else being broken out depending on the occasion.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Scaraphae - 04-30-2015

Whee, something I can finally contribute to! I've no idea how many different outfits I have for Nhia. I'm not sure if swapping footwear/hat actually constitutes a separate outfit but I do have stuff for different climates/occasions/moods and I also use dyes fairly fanatically. Nhia has been known to change outfits several times in the course of one rp session and I've levelled purely so I have access to more gear for rp. It's an embarassing admission, but I'm sure I've spent far more time collecting rp gear than I ever have rping.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Qhora Bajihri - 04-30-2015

I have a metric butt-ton of clothing, but I'm more of a hoarder than a wearer. I have an RP set. An. Just one. It changes periodically, but I label it RP and just change it. I have had at most three on the go at once, but I'm back down to just one.

That being said, I feel relatively comfortable running around in practical or unglamored sets IC, so if I include those, I've got... a handful.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Cailean Lockwood - 04-30-2015

I like to dress my characters in black leather. :3
Preferably with some studs and spikes on, alot of straps and buckles.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Reiner Dorn - 04-30-2015

Lets see.
Armor.
Noct suit for more parade type events.
Heavy Wolfram for general use due to it's size.
Phlegethons gear plus fighters helm for intimidation
Formal Armor High Allaghan fending

Walkin' around clothes
Demon coat of casting plus hyurian boots, and ring bands
Full Arachne caster
Ul'dahn coat.

Weather gear:
One o' them fancy coats.

Jewelery:
Usually a full set of rings, earrings, necklace, and circle. silver or bronze but always green gems to accent his eyes.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Nebbs - 04-30-2015

Here is the thing, we all look the same.. or can do. So to create a persona that can be recognised you need to maintain a consistent look. I find people who change their outfit every five minutes are also hard to lock onto as a personality, they feel more like a toon in a game.

So I tend to evolve my look over time, stick to the lower level glamours and just have a couple of looks. Even in PvE I glamour for consistency and recognition.

Nebula RP
Witch - main RP set and based on ARC
Relax - a set that is just for kicking back and relaxing in
Dress - Nebbs in a dress.. it does happen
Bathing - you know, at the beach
Sleep - yes I have a set she sleeps in

Lesser used RP sets are Pirate/Bard and Ninja

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Haven's Fox - 04-30-2015

I have how ever many outfits buttons I can fit on a single hot bar. I guess that is 12 then? Then a few of my job's are glamoured into outfits. Then I have an entire bag of random clothing items I always carry around to swap into since my armoury is all 25/25. With all of that I tend to wear something different each day.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Fox - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:23 PM)Qhora Bajihri Wrote: I have a metric butt-ton of clothing, but I'm more of a hoarder than a wearer. I have an RP set. An. Just one. It changes periodically, but I label it RP and just change it. I have had at most three on the go at once, but I'm back down to just one.

That being said, I feel relatively comfortable running around in practical or unglamored sets IC, so if I include those, I've got... a handful.

I do this too... to the point I have run out of retainer space. I only really use a few but I horde clothing something awful.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - J'lyneth - 05-01-2015

I usually have a casual set, an armor/field work set, a formal set and a cold weather set for each of my characters. Sometimes someone will have a quirk that necessitates another set, Lyneth has a piratey themed RP set for example, or I'll find a piece of gear I like the look of so much that I end up building an entire extra outfit around it. But I'm always eyeing gear with an eye to building up those basic four on any character I play and those are the sets I keep in my bags at all times to swap to if I stumble across promising RP.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - ArmachiA - 05-01-2015

Uh...

Mainstay RP outfit that I've been using for over a year - Woolen Shirt/Hyur shorts/Leather Jackboots
The Highland Smock/Valentione's leggings/Valentione's Shoes.

Those are the two I use the most, like 90% of the time. I weave in other stuff from time to time but always end up going back to those two things.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Gegenji - 05-01-2015

Chachan has quite a few general outfits that I have saved for him.

First and foremost is his "Casual" outfit - which is actually most of his BSM gear except with a jacket or sleeveless top. It's functional and it's comfortable, so it's his usual go-to when he's just out and about.

If he needs to dress up, he has his "Fancy Time" outfit - which is the WVR gear with sunglasses. It was originally the Best Man tuxedo until I capped WVR. It's for those few important occasions where it might not be the best idea to be tromping around in steel-toed boots and work pants.

For colder climes? He has his "Cold Weather" outfit, which makes him look like a cute little Eskimo. Since it's heavy, bulky clothing... he could have his casual gear or his armor on underneath it, depending on the situation. Speaking of...

Chachan's armor set is pretty recognizable as the little red armored rabbit. Made of cobalt, it's designed by him for him and allows a much greater range of movement that one would expect of the little Lalafell.

To top it all off, he also has some pajamas for sleepy-times and a swimsuit for hitting the beach. I also have some extra pieces of gear for mixing and matching here and there, as well as for a few OOC outfits - such as Ser Behemoth, the Gentlemoogle, and Tiny Odin - which I don't think really count as the character's wardrobe. Though I could imagine the little dork making the Odin outfit for Halloween or a costume party...

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Manari - 05-01-2015

The answer is GREEN. Manari rarely leaves the Twelveswood IC. But no matter where she is, she loves to wear green. I have a few casual outfits and one for when she is "hunting". All of them are dyed hunter green, the perfect color for blending into the Twelveswood. Even her chocobo is hunter green, and he looks amazing! Chocobo

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Mercurias - 05-03-2015

On my main, M'sato, I tend to keep around 2-3 outfits. One is for more casual/non-dangerous wear, one is more durable/tough for when he's going to go out and get into trouble, and normally he has a suit for important occasions. He also has some loose, flowing crap he wears when he's meditating or sleeping now that he has a room mate and can't sleep nekkid. Sato's a very no muss, no fuss dresser.
My character Solomon has three casual looks that are light and leave his manwhoring chest on display and two set suitable for combat. Solomon likes being able to move unencumbered, as well as looking the part of someone to underestimate.

My villain alt, Garret, has his clothing for when he's going to go out and wreck faces or by a spy and then everything else is disguises.

My newest alt, Soren, currently wears very workmanlike clothes because he's hit on hard times (and is only level 30 at the moment). When things begin to look up for him, he'll probably be a little bit of a peacock with more outfits than my other characters.