Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! (/showthread.php?tid=14006)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Miriamele - 03-24-2016

Hiya! Arietty Moonfall, my character, is blind and usually hangs around her home at the Wayfarer's Rest which is a bar + Inn. Your welcome to steal from her if you want to come and try.

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Coda - 03-24-2016

(03-24-2016, 07:20 PM)Aya Wrote: Aya's a barmaid at the Quicksand, and a pretty well know figure around Ul'dah and its markets (for her own shopping and on behalf of Madame Momodi).  She also has her own discreet ties with the Ul'dah underwold - I'm sure we could do something with that Smile
Ah ha, that's where I recognized the name from. Seen you in the Quicksand before. I'm going to stalk your wiki then get back to you.

(03-24-2016, 07:41 PM)Arietty Wrote: Hiya! Arietty Moonfall, my character, is blind and usually hangs around her home at the Wayfarer's Rest which is a bar + Inn. Your welcome to steal from her if you want to come and try.
I'm pretty sure its bad luck to steal from a person with a disability, but hell, Wander is kind of a jerk that way. I'll pop in to the Wayfarer's rest some time Big Grin

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Caspar - 03-24-2016

I'm okay with it, though my character is not terribly common in Ul'dah. 
Keep in mind a few things though:
1. She doesn't carry much other than spare cheap iron hora and snacks, and she looks both poor and unsavory. Not the most promising mark in terms of risk vs reward. Any smart thief would look elsewhere unless particularly desperate. Fitting, since that is the same scenario that jump started her "education" from feral child.
2. Due to her background the direct, "sticky fingers" approach is unlikely to work. She is wary, one might even say paranoid, with good reason. But in conversation Virara tends to easily get overwhelmed. So conning is effective. It may take her a while to realize she's been had. I love those kinds of scenes, myself, and I'll often play along to the best of my ability. 
3. This is kinda like bull baiting if your thief either cannot fight or run very, very fast...

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Mina Kyunei - 03-28-2016

Hey there! 

I'm looking to start getting back into RP in FFXIV and contacts like these are right up Mina's alley. As a bit of a street thief herself, located in Ul'dah, it would certainly be very beneficial to know and collaborate with others like her. She aspires to band together with those of a like-mind and start something of a thieves guild/group of treasure hunters. Time will tell whether or not her dreams will come to fruition.

Feel free to add me, or give me a shout sometime and maybe we can work on a few things together!

Mina Kyunei

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Artoria - 03-29-2016

I'm willing to act as a mark.  Feel free to shoot me a message on Artoria Aldsan and we can set something up.

RE: Street Thief / Burglar in need of marks or contacts! - Spikewerks - 03-29-2016

Zigovali would serve as a good contact; Wander may even find some nice work from him. PM me in-game if you see me!