Hydaelyn Role-Players
I miss Wild ARMS - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: I miss Wild ARMS (/showthread.php?tid=15757)

Pages: 1 2

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Kellach Woods - 04-04-2016

lol at the hatred for DQ.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Caspar - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 07:04 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: lol at the hatred for DQ.
It's the toriyama feet I swear.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - McBeefâ„¢ - 04-04-2016

(04-04-2016, 06:50 PM)Jana Wrote: The new Valkyria Chronicles is my trigger. While the original is my favorite, I don't even care that much about the animustuff and I'm a sucker for qt3.14 waifus... But god, what are they trying to do with the gameplay?

Hopefully the overwhelming success of the original's Steam release (and upcoming PS4 port) will convince Sega to least port the rest of the original trilogy off of a dead handheld.
I mean Valk 2 is kind of cool because there are swords, but other than that it's sloppier than the original and with less charm.

Valk 1 really has that outnumbered militia fighting against the odds feel. That mission where you have to fight both an ancient god person and a giant death machine with only rifles and a tank was amazing. 

I was always like "CMON EDELWEISS HOLD TOGETHER!" as it blocked bullets for the rest of my squad.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - rainichan - 04-13-2016

Hhhhhow did I miss a thread for one of my first jrpg loves? Any time I see news on Wild Arms and it may be brought back I get all giddy and dust off my artbooks and swoon all over again. Hopefully they'll bring it up and we get something.

And I know it'll never happen since Nautilus is gone, but more Shadow Hearts. Pipe dream though. Sad

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Kodie - 04-13-2016

I forgot to mention my love for Koudelka and the Shadow Hearts series. One of the most under rated RPG series out there.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Caspar - 04-13-2016

The fact that Sony kept in contact with the last Wild ARMS development staff members makes me a bit more optimistic than the ither mentioned RPGs, which is partly the reason I brought them up. Hopefully they do something with them.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Dis - 04-13-2016

So many great old games listed here, argh.  I played a number of them, still have them somewhere, in fact. I miss Wild ARMS and other older games.  I wanted more Arc the Lad, and more Legend of Dragoon (Which I still think of whenever anyone says Dragoon before I think of floor-tanks), and just in general, there are some great games that I would love to see ported over, even if not 'remade', because I worry how they might goof them. 

Another great series were the early Persona games (Revelations, Tsumi and Batsu), of which we didn't get Tsumi until much much later on, but eh, funny censorship things.  I hate that some of the best games I loved have come over on portable hand-held systems.  I'd love a remake of Valkyrie Profile (not Covenant of the Plume), but I worry that they'd somehow mess it up. I mean, I liked VP 2, but it just didn't have the same impact that Valkyrie Profile did. 

I worry whenever the gaming industry remakes anything old at this point.  That said, I'd love new games for some of these series.  Didn't Shadow Hearts have a second game?  I know there was Koudelka, then Shadow Hearts, wasn't there a SH II?

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Kodie - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 04:24 PM)Glioca Sargonnai Wrote: So many great old games listed here, argh.  I played a ton of them, but I miss Wild ARMS and other older games.  I wanted more Arc the Lad, and more Legend of Dragoon (Which I still think of whenever anyone says Dragoon before I think of floor-tanks), and just in general, there are some great games that I would love to see ported over, even if not 'remade', because I worry how they might goof them.  Another great series were the early Persona games (Revelations, Tsumi and Batsu), of which we didn't get Tsumi until much much later.  I hate that some of the best games I loved have come over on portable hand-held systems.  I'd love a remake of Valkyrie Profile, but I didn't like what they did on the remake they already did and just.. nngh. 

I worry whenever the gaming industry remakes anything old at this point.  That said, I'd love new games for some of these series.  Didn't Shadow Hearts have a second game?  I know there was Koudelka, then Shadow Hearts, wasn't there a SH II?

Yup Shadow Hearts had two more games.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Caspar - 04-13-2016

Not only was Covenant the sequel but it really defined the series. I've never seen another Rpg hit such a wide range of moods, lol.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Dis - 04-13-2016

I've heard good things about Covenant, but I've never had a way to play it, hence why I said not Covenant.  xD When I said the remake, I meant Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for PSP. They changed the music and.. just.. no. D:

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Hastur83 - 04-20-2016

Man... this topic depresses me. So many awesome IPs just rotting away... You know what I really miss? (Other than Suikoden, Wild Arms, Breath of Fire (No, I'm not counting the mobile one), Castlevania, Silent Hill... Uhh, I better stop.) Goemon. Goemon is so freaking awesome. Even though we only got a few of the games. Mystical Ninja was the shit.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Kellach Woods - 04-23-2016

(04-13-2016, 02:56 PM)Kodie Wrote: I forgot to mention my love for Koudelka and the Shadow Hearts series. One of the most under rated RPG series out there.
FtNW killed it and IIRC it's currently in trademark limbo.

Which sucks because battle system wise it's so much more competent than Covenant, but then you get "DON'T MESS WITH NEW YORKERS!" and uh yeah fuck off johnny garland.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Caspar - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 01:04 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 02:56 PM)Kodie Wrote: I forgot to mention my love for Koudelka and the Shadow Hearts series. One of the most under rated RPG series out there.
FtNW killed it and IIRC it's currently in trademark limbo.

Which sucks because battle system wise it's so much more competent than Covenant, but then you get "DON'T MESS WITH NEW YORKERS!" and uh yeah fuck off johnny garland.
Covenant worked because as weird and quirky as it was, the cast had more to it than just humor. How are you supposed to take an otherwise kinda touching villain love story seriously if their biggest threat is a kid with an anachronistic cell-phone and a vacuum cleaner, a giant talking cat drunken master, a vampire magical girl who can be heavy or skinny at will, mariachi and a Brazilian geriatric ninja?

I mean, that's awesome out of context, but you get what I mean. It was maybe a bit too much. And this is coming from a series that brought you tower of Curry Men and the Wolf Bout.

RE: I miss Wild ARMS - Kellach Woods - 04-23-2016

Shania and Natan - the two most serious polygons in the game.

Characters? Nah they're not that deep.