Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer (/showthread.php?tid=19284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - TrueGota - 05-04-2017

Seems like that information about black mages being easy to detect is wrong as well as some other things. Someone checked in the Encyclopedia Eorzea.
That's why I don't trust stuff without sources.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - SulahnDaAssan - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 04:46 AM)Valic Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 04:02 AM)SulahnDaAssan Wrote: Hello! We spoke in game!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): I usually fit my partner's style
Race:Au ra
Interest(s):Fishing and exploring
Hobby(ies):Reading, drawing, fishing, cooking and studying bugs
Profession(s):Freelance Cartographer
Personality:Gentle, sweet and ambitious!
Goal(s):She wants to become a renowned fisher woman and cartographer so she can make a living and be secure on what she likes to do
Background/Story: Please read on wiki page~!Cactuar

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Aoba_Suzukaze
OH!!!! That was you too!!!? I saw you say hi earlier that day in my party chat when I checked. I wrote down the name trying to contact you next time you got online. Sulahn Da'assan Big Grin Glad you contacted me again last night, shoulda just joined and left me all this to see lol. Erm.. anywho... *adjusts spectacles*

Heh, cartographer, that was one of the things I wanted to be apart of my treasure hunter persona back on Siren when Iw as still figuring out his occupation/persona/etc. I just couldn't find a way to make it work personally ><, so that's cool to find out too. After reading this and your wiki, I just have a couple questions.

1. Does that mean you're open to all forms of RP?
2. Being mute, how would you cope for things like communication through linkpearl?
3. I noticed under dislikes was "-Seeing any abuse towards any creature."... does that include monsters and etc in duties and open world?
4. Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?

EDIT: I'll give back some feedback like I did Rhysa below for yours as well as soon as you answer these :p

1. I am indeed open to all forms!
2. Being mute, she wouldn't be able to say anything back, but she would definitely use the environment around her to make sounds to let him know she understands direction. Such as tapping a nearby table for yes or no, things like that
3. She understands what needs to be done. Self defense is always first. I think things like killing or harming something innocent would bother her most.
4.I think it sounds fun! Something I could be very involved in and use to develop her as a character further

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 01:51 PM)SulahnDaAssan Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 04:46 AM)Valic Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 04:02 AM)SulahnDaAssan Wrote: Hello! We spoke in game!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): I usually fit my partner's style
Race:Au ra
Interest(s):Fishing and exploring
Hobby(ies):Reading, drawing, fishing, cooking and studying bugs
Profession(s):Freelance Cartographer
Personality:Gentle, sweet and ambitious!
Goal(s):She wants to become a renowned fisher woman and cartographer so she can make a living and be secure on what she likes to do
Background/Story: Please read on wiki page~!Cactuar

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Aoba_Suzukaze
OH!!!! That was you too!!!? I saw you say hi earlier that day in my party chat when I checked. I wrote down the name trying to contact you next time you got online. Sulahn Da'assan Big Grin Glad you contacted me again last night, shoulda just joined and left me all this to see lol. Erm.. anywho... *adjusts spectacles*

Heh, cartographer, that was one of the things I wanted to be apart of my treasure hunter persona back on Siren when Iw as still figuring out his occupation/persona/etc. I just couldn't find a way to make it work personally ><, so that's cool to find out too. After reading this and your wiki, I just have a couple questions.

1. Does that mean you're open to all forms of RP?
2. Being mute, how would you cope for things like communication through linkpearl?
3. I noticed under dislikes was "-Seeing any abuse towards any creature."... does that include monsters and etc in duties and open world?
4. Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?

EDIT: I'll give back some feedback like I did Rhysa below for yours as well as soon as you answer these :p

1. I am indeed open to all forms!
2. Being mute, she wouldn't be able to say anything back, but she would definitely use the environment around her to make sounds to let him know she understands direction. Such as tapping a nearby table for yes or no, things like that
3. She understands what needs to be done. Self defense is always first. I think things like killing or harming something innocent would bother her most.
4.I think it sounds fun! Something I could be very involved in and use to develop her as a character further

Interesting answers for sure. I'll say I can see a few interesting bits about it all. You already know as I said in game about the translator/silent type relationship, the fact that fish is good for the mind and would be something Valic can eat besides fruit XD. I of course always welcome a gentle assistant that's mute with warm faces and emotes for good intent. She's also from a land that Valic has nearly no clue about while also being a cartographer to be a good guide as well. Overall her profile sounds diligent(which is something I definitely want in a retainer) but the lack in fighting/etc skills and care for creatures makes me kinda wonder about how compatible she'd be for dungeon runs, open world hostiles, hunts, or something. Overall to be blunt, I actually think she might be too good of a character to be put as just a retainer.

She has a lot of interesting traits and while there's room to develop, it feels as though she's fully capable, I wouldn't wanna reduce that potential in just keeping you as my personal hired retainer XD. HOWEVER... with that said, that doesn't mean I'm saying no at all, I'm actually still quite on the fence right now with the applications so far x.x.... Still thinking of scenarios and how the possibilities would play out. For now, everyone's at a "maybe" XD.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - SulahnDaAssan - 05-04-2017

Ah okay~! well let me know! I'm very interested in this rp ^^

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 05-05-2017

Definitely! It'll be dependent on if/when I can sub again. Which will either be within the following week or possibly the end of the month. Or even near the month stormblood is release, it's hard to say lol.

Till then, anyone feel free to post an application/info if you're interested for some long term RP \o/

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 05-05-2017

Sorry to double post, just posting this for reference for someone in game.

[Image: vG9QV.jpg]

a rogue tribal miqo'te.... an au ra fisherwoman from doma... and a sassy sellsword duskwight...

Gotta say, I love the variety I'm seeing here <3. Hope to see more posts Big Grin

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Alothia - 05-05-2017

[Modhat] Thread edited. You know the drill. If you have questions, PM me. [/Modhat]

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Shaftronics - 05-05-2017

Hey hey. We talked earlier. <3

RP style: Any.
Race: Au Ra
Interest(s): Martial Arts, Magic, Weapons
Hobby(ies): Sparring, Training, Learning beneficial skills such as healing magic, first aid, etc. 
Profession(s): Sellsword, Adventurer
Personality: Although kind, Haz may seem outwardly harsh, as he rarely holds back from saying what's on his mind, not adverse to being sarcastic or witty when appropriate. Otherwise, can be fully capable of focusing on a singular task if need be.
Goal(s): To be able to reach the limits of his potential, be it magically and/or physically and to use his abilities to assist those who need help those who need it.

[Image: pGW3Dvu.png]

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - ixbranna16 - 05-05-2017

Emilia Jones, at your service~!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Any is fine by me, though paragraph is what I most often work with.

Race: Elezen Wildwood

Interest(s): Music and its magic properties, mages in general.

Hobby(ies): Making music, mining, fishing, gold smithing, treasure hunting, and dabbles in white magic/ conjury.

Profession(s): Bard, miner, goldsmith, fishing on the side.

Personality:  Emilia can be stubborn as a rock, but is generally friendly and very open to anyone she meets. Her temper and lack of table manners leave something to be desired, but she has a quick wit and won't hesitate to snap back at anyone who makes a cross comment. She can be lazy in a sense, though if she is neglecting a duty, more often than not you can find her treasure hunting. Her stubborn nature is mostly just in battle, though. (As in telling her not to hit the thing, she gonna hit it)

Goal(s): Never really planned anything for herself, the closest thing she has to a goal is making her friends smile.

Background/Story: Emilia was born in the year 1558 in around Gridania, the North Shroud. She joined the Archery guild around year 3, and basically trained her life away. She went under the radar near year 5 to train as a Bard and returned home in late year 6, early year 7. Even though the Calamity is 7 years past, she harbors a fear of loud noises to this day, ie: Thunderstorms, canon blasts, etc. Even Machinist gunshots can spook her if caught off guard.

Personal question: "Helping people is what I do best. In being a retainer, I can fulfill that need to aid someone and still have the opportunities to explore the world for new inspiration."  As far as relationship goes, I am open to any type, be it romantic or platonic, friend or rival. It's fun to let the characters loose and see how they develop on their own without tugging the reigns too much, at least that's how I feel about it.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 05-06-2017

(05-05-2017, 11:16 PM)Shaftronics Wrote: Hey hey. We talked earlier. <3

RP style: Any.
Race: Au Ra
Interest(s): Martial Arts, Magic, Weapons
Hobby(ies): Sparring, Training, Learning beneficial skills such as healing magic, first aid, etc. 
Profession(s): Sellsword, Adventurer
Personality: Although kind, Haz may seem outwardly harsh, as he rarely holds back from saying what's on his mind, not adverse to being sarcastic or witty when appropriate. Otherwise, can be fully capable of focusing on a singular task if need be.
Goal(s): To be able to reach the limits of his potential, be it magically and/or physically and to use his abilities to assist those who need help those who need it.

[Image: pGW3Dvu.png]
You know exactly what this reminds me of... Batman the animated series whenever Alfred needed to be a badass. Your char makes me think of someone who does the job right always but can outright surprise someone who pulls a fast one XD. Or someone makes a stray comment, you'll pull out one of your own when no one expects it lol. Ty so much for posting it here <3 I'm left with so many good choices XD, I could definitely see him as Valic's retainer, if ont like you mentioned, a second retainer maybe. I also kinda love imagining that Valic's just an innocent philosopher and has an intimidating Au Ra every so often come in the middle of RP areas. Making people go "T-That's your retainer?!?!" XD.
(05-05-2017, 11:19 PM)ixbranna16 Wrote: Emilia Jones, at your service~!

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Any is fine by me, though paragraph is what I most often work with.

Race: Elezen Wildwood

Interest(s): Music and its magic properties, mages in general.

Hobby(ies): Making music, mining, fishing, gold smithing, treasure hunting, and dabbles in white magic/ conjury.

Profession(s): Bard, miner, goldsmith, fishing on the side.

Personality:  Emilia can be stubborn as a rock, but is generally friendly and very open to anyone she meets. Her temper and lack of table manners leave something to be desired, but she has a quick wit and won't hesitate to snap back at anyone who makes a cross comment. She can be lazy in a sense, though if she is neglecting a duty, more often than not you can find her treasure hunting. Her stubborn nature is mostly just in battle, though. (As in telling her not to hit the thing, she gonna hit it)

Goal(s): Never really planned anything for herself, the closest thing she has to a goal is making her friends smile.

Background/Story: Emilia was born in the year 1558 in around Gridania, the North Shroud. She joined the Archery guild around year 3, and basically trained her life away. She went under the radar near year 5 to train as a Bard and returned home in late year 6, early year 7. Even though the Calamity is 7 years past, she harbors a fear of loud noises to this day, ie: Thunderstorms, canon blasts, etc. Even Machinist gunshots can spook her if caught off guard.

Personal question: "Helping people is what I do best. In being a retainer, I can fulfill that need to aid someone and still have the opportunities to explore the world for new inspiration."  As far as relationship goes, I am open to any type, be it romantic or platonic, friend or rival. It's fun to let the characters loose and see how they develop on their own without tugging the reigns too much, at least that's how I feel about it.
Wow, even the year and etc, I haven't even gone that far with Valic's background q.q... Prolly because I'm not exactly sure how time and FF14's system works fully. At least for years anyways.A for the rest, I agree entirely with your personal question answer :3. Emilia seems like she'd be fun creating a good retainer relationship while also being a fool every so often in battle(I mean this as a good thing too). Such as waiting at a boss and discussing a strategy or just talking and then suddenly she's already pulled it, making me sigh and put up with it XD(though I hpoe that wouldn't happen too often >~>;!).

Shaftronics has given me thoughts to considering taking on 2 retainers depending on what ends up happening. It solely depends on being fair so everyone gets to enjoy RP and there ends up not being any particular problems about it schedule-wise as well as leaving someone feeling left out. So that will be under consideration too <3. Till then, I'll give this a few more days to think on it and make my decision when I resub.

I'd also like to reiterate to anyone else DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED TO APPLY. Just because there are a few entries doesn't disqualify you if you're interested! Besides, I'm sure there's more people than myself looking for a retainer for long term, that's what I hear anyways.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - SawakoY - 05-06-2017

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): All, I guess. Long as it makes sense to the story.
Race: Au Ra Raen
Interest(s): Healing magic, learning new things
Hobby(ies): Fishing, Cooking, Poetry
Profession(s): Conjurer student
Personality: Sawako Yamamura is a very shy and nervous person. She often second guesses herself, so she tends to stammers or rephrases her questions when she speaks. Young and sheltered, she is naive in matters of love and lust, overhearing a couple flirt is enough to make her blush. 
Goal(s): Become a fully fledged conjurer, find love and get married, own a house and have children.
Background/Story: Sawako was raised by her father, a wandering bard named Maes, so she spent her childhood travelling from inn to inn for his performances. Living on the road, her father was her tutor and only friend, he taught her how to read, write, and basic mathematics, but she has very little knowledge about history, different cultures, and social interactions. Through chance or fate, Maes grew ill during their stop in Gridania. Even though the conjurer's guild was unable to cure her father, she enrolled and began to study to save him. Maes passed away, and Sawako stayed in Gridania and the Conjurer's guild, having no place else to go. 
Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?" I think it will be fun, Sawako can learn from a new figure of authority as she assists him, maybe her small world will get a bit bigger and she'll grow as a person. 

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 05-06-2017

(05-06-2017, 07:11 AM)SawakoY Wrote: RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): All, I guess. Long as it makes sense to the story.
Race: Au Ra Raen
Interest(s): Healing magic, learning new things
Hobby(ies): Fishing, Cooking, Poetry
Profession(s): Conjurer student
Personality: Sawako Yamamura is a very shy and nervous person. She often second guesses herself, so she tends to stammers or rephrases her questions when she speaks. Young and sheltered, she is naive in matters of love and lust, overhearing a couple flirt is enough to make her blush. 
Goal(s): Become a fully fledged conjurer, find love and get married, own a house and have children.
Background/Story: Sawako was raised by her father, a wandering bard named Maes, so she spent her childhood travelling from inn to inn for his performances. Living on the road, her father was her tutor and only friend, he taught her how to read, write, and basic mathematics, but she has very little knowledge about history, different cultures, and social interactions. Through chance or fate, Maes grew ill during their stop in Gridania. Even though the conjurer's guild was unable to cure her father, she enrolled and began to study to save him. Maes passed away, and Sawako stayed in Gridania and the Conjurer's guild, having no place else to go. 
Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?" I think it will be fun, Sawako can learn from a new figure of authority as she assists him, maybe her small world will get a bit bigger and she'll grow as a person. 
I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both XD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :p. Very nice!

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - SawakoY - 05-06-2017

(05-06-2017, 08:22 AM)Valic Wrote: I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both XD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :p. 

Thanks. 

Maybe naive isn't the right word, shes not oblivious to her feelings, or the concepts. Its more that its so unknown to her, that things like holding hands and hugging, basic forms of affection, would be a big thing to her.

Well, thanks for your time. If you have any other questions, pm me or to get in contact quicker, mail or tell me in game. I'm very active.

(05-06-2017, 08:48 AM)SawakoY Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 08:22 AM)Valic Wrote: I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both XD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :p. 

Thanks. 

Maybe naive isn't the right word, shes not oblivious to her feelings, or the concepts. Its more that its so unknown to her, that things like holding hands and hugging, basic forms of affection, would be a big thing to her.

Well, thanks for your time. If you have any other questions, pm me or to get in contact quicker, mail or tell me in game. I'm very active.
No I got whatcha meant XD It's just I wonder if that'd be good for you because Valic doesn't even recognize such actions at all lol. I'd feel a bit sad I couldn't have my char do something so sweet when he's so unaware of love/lust himself lol. And np <3 can do o/ I just like giving my input for everyone, feels fair Smile.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Ranpuff - 05-06-2017

[Image: abBSGfX.jpg]OOOH, PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME MY CHARACTER WOULD BE ALMOST PERFECT FOR THIS AND I REALLY WANTED HER TO HAVE A MENTOR TYPE ;A;

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Generally any, though ERP I only wish to do when it's meaningful to the development of plot/relationship between characters. I'm happy with Paragraph RP but I do prefer to mix in smaller posts when I feel it's unnecessary to type a 5-sentence response to another's emote(Like answering a question, furthering dialogue, etc.)

Race: Mixed Hyur (Highlander father, Midlander mother.)

Interest(s): Chocobos, travelling, (trying to) learn new things.

Hobby(ies): Tending her chocobo, reading, amateur goldsmithing, amateur poetry, etc.

Profession(s): Courier/Delivery girl, amateur goldsmith and failed adventurer.

Personality: Friendly to a fault. She's always keen on being supportive and meeting new folks, but has a streak of pacifism which can leave her trouble when a fight is inevitable. Though outgoing, she's easily flustered and quick to minimize her own accomplishments.

Goal(s): Admiah's main goal is to be a real benefit to the realm, much like her father was as a member of the Maelstrom. She still struggles to come close, and has tried and failed to pick up the lance and mark herself as an adventurer. Despite this, she's sure she'll one day muster up the courage to save lives - even if it means taking others. More deep in her psyche is her wish to belong somewhere, surrounded by people who need her as much as she needs them.

Background/Story: Admiah was born and raised on Vylbrand to doting parents and a brash but loving elder sister. For years her life was little else than that of a farm girl, helping her mother with their small parcel of land while her father attended to his duties as a member of the Yellowjackets. As the shadow of war loomed ever darker and the Calamity drew close, her father joined the Maelstrom to fight the Garlean threat. 

As fire rained from the sky, Admiah and her sister lost almost everything. Their father perished on Carteneau and their mother died in the blazing inferno that became of the house that she was raised in. Left with nothing but eachother and Admiah's chocobo, Binky, they had to pick up the pieces of their lives. As the years passed Admiah took up the job of courier, riding fast and hard all over the island, mostly to help deliver tools and supplies desperately needed in the rebuilding. 

Barely more than a summer ago, Admiah set foot off Vylbrand for the first time. She travelled through Thanalan and into the Black Shroud, where she wound up meeting a plethora of new people and finding herself in situations she'd never imagined before. (Saving the rest for IC interaction!)

Personal question: I'm absolutely thrilled with the idea of Admiah being a retainer! It suits her skills well, and she would push herself to fulfill the requirements of the job that Valic would set for her. Through this new job she'd undoubtedly further her own goals by building her knowledge and confidence, and perhaps she'd even pick up on some of Valic's magic if he were willing to teach her. (I've been thinking hard about making her a RDM-in-training after Stormblood's launch, which I've desperately been seeking someone to be a mentor type for her in that regard. Valic seems beyond perfect for that, so I'm sincerely hoping she'll get the job!)