Hydaelyn Role-Players
A girl called "Boy" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A girl called "Boy" (/showthread.php?tid=1975)

Pages: 1 2

RE: A girl called "Boy" - Nhyra - 05-17-2013

Welcome! Even if I'm just another newcomer.

It's fun to hear that someone else is into the BJD hobby too :>

RE: A girl called "Boy" - Ellie - 05-17-2013

Welcome to the RPC, dear!

I'm sure you know this by now, but in ARR breast sizes are customizable, so having a character with a smaller bust is a possibility. You can still see them, unfortunately, but they'll be less noticeable.

RE: A girl called "Boy" - Boy - 05-18-2013

(05-17-2013, 12:32 AM)Gerik Wrote: Welcomeeeeeeee
Sounds like your character would get along with Sienna Skye!
Thankies!! Big Grin

I hope my character gets along with many other awesome ppl! ^^

(05-17-2013, 12:53 AM)Xenedra Wrote: Yo! Welcome to the RPC, glad you've come out of hiding~

FFXIV is a rarity in many MMOs in that, for the most part, armor from male to female is virtually the same. Most sets have normal coverage as well (minus harnesses and caotees : P). You should also be able to style your midlander hyur lady to look kind of boyish. There are a few hairstyles that lend themselves to it. Sounds like a solid start to me :>!
*whew* this is such news to hear! I just want some clothes that are actually clothes for her. She would SHANK ME prison style if I stuck her in a tiny harness or something so that's good Tongue 

plus I had to come out of hiding, ran out of ice coffee which forced me out into the light of day Wink lurrrrr durr   lol 

sorry it's still early and the coffee's not kicked in yet XD   O.o

(05-17-2013, 01:27 AM)Grehn Wrote: Welcome welcome! I have limited exp with RP as well, but I'm sure this game will be an excellent place to fall into groove with. Especially if it is with this kind and colorful group. I personally can't wait to try to mix it up with them!Big Grin
Now if only my writer's block would go away for my character >.<.
Yay! see, this is why I was brave enough to try. because I realized i'm not the only one who's just beginning. plus the vets are such helpful folk that it's really an ideal situation.

Thumbsup

(05-17-2013, 01:38 AM)Xenedra Wrote: I thought I'd do a lil collage sum up of the gear types in XIV >.>

Spoiler: show
[Image: YSAbxTS.jpg]

There are a few skimpier outfits, but they are, by far, the minority.
OMG can u say helpful??! thank u sooo much! this really gives me an idea of what I can do with my character's look.  ChocoboMoogle

hehe i'm having far too much fun with these little emote smilies Tongue Tonberry

(05-17-2013, 05:37 AM)Valan Wrote: Welcome
Thank you ^^

(05-17-2013, 06:34 AM)Abodo Wrote: Welcome! I was a little intimidated to join first, too, but this community is very helpful and I feel right at home with them now. 

On a side note: Your comic book comment caught my eye. I've been reading both Marvel and DC comics on a monthly basis since I was six years old (that'd be 1996.) As for X-Men, right now I'm following Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Wolverine, and Savage Wolverine. (I also follow Superior Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man, Batman, Justice League, The Avengers, and Captain America) Just thought I'd share that so you don't feel like an outsider.

Your character sounds interesting. I like this idea a lot. It's very Joan-of-Arc-meets-Pirates. On the RP experience note, a few of us don't have much RP experience. Personally, I have just enough to know what to do and what not to do. (My experience doesn't extend past Final Fantasy XI, LOTRO, and Champions Online, of which I RP'd for about a combined year. And Champions Online RP was virtually nothing but god-moding and meta-gaming. Every character did it with no exceptions. It sucked.) 

This is a long, drawn-out welcome, but that's not uncommon for me. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay in our wonderful little community, and I hope to RP with your character soon.

Thank you very much! I would really like to start reading comics again, but when I tried I found I had missed so much. Both in the comics as far as storylines and the business side as well. Their writers and such. I had no idea what is going on anymore. >.>  plus the butchering done to my beloved xmen by Hollywood really soured me to the whole title. Since my mid teens I've been much more into manga which isn't a bad thing per se, just different.

Give me classic age of apocalypse storylines anyday! and the dark phoenix saga is still the most touching love story I've ever read. I loved the Cyclops/jean grey/wolverine drama Tongue hehe

it's soo FUNNY that' u mention joan of ark, she was actually one of my inspirations! Well, milla jovovich as joan of ark in The Messenger which I recently saw again with Aulairet. turr hurr  Wink

(05-17-2013, 06:39 AM)Weffrey Wrote: Welcome! Nice to meet you!
You too! yay for nice people!! ThumbsupBouncyChocoboHeart

(05-17-2013, 06:47 AM)Acistian Wrote: Welcome, I understand your need for RP, I've been rusty for quite a while, but very eager to jump back into it again. I haven't come across some decent RP for a while now, but none the less, I'm looking forward to all the future FFXIV RP that's going to happen, hopefully with a lot of cross-linkshell interaction. -squeeee- Sounds so exciting! Moogle

Anyways, I apologize for the off track --- *gives cookie* Welcome again! Big Grin
Cookies you say?? *takes gratefully and noms*

and I understand exactly what you mean, I haven't been hopeful about RP for along time it feels like.  very exciting!  Bouncy

(05-17-2013, 10:24 AM)Luka Paluka Wrote: Hello! Welcome to the forums!

I looove the sound of your character! Reminds me of Faris from Final Fantasy V!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and in-game come release!

Any questions, feel free to ask or take a look at the wiki! There's tons of valuable information piled in there.

Have fun! Smile
hehe d'awww so adorable Tongue  sorry I can't help it! im powerless against lalafell cuteness Laugh

thank you very much! I can't wait to RP with u in-game ^^

(05-17-2013, 11:05 AM)Arlon Wrote:
Quote:I loved fighting games like tekken and soul caliber

Quote:Currently, I live on the west coast with my boyfriend, roomie/bestie

Quote:I also love to read manga and collect BJD's

Quote:WoW, Aion,Tera and GW2

This sounds a little too familiar. *standing up from his chair, the silver cross around his neck is clearly visible. He takes a small bow towards her*

Welcome to the group. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. My experience is mostly forum roleplay but I have gotten into in game-ish RP as of late.
Oh? *gives a polite nod in return*

Do you collect BJD's too?  :o

let's nerd out together if so!  XD haha

(05-17-2013, 11:57 AM)Kerr Wrote: Pirates! Welcome, fellow brigand! We're really a good group here. I hope you like it. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask us. We're good with questions.
Arrgg matey!  Wink hehe

thank you very much ^_^

(05-17-2013, 12:04 PM)Eva Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!!  Thumbsup
Thank you very much Angel

(05-17-2013, 04:06 PM)Fearless Wrote: Welcome.
Athankya  Wink

(05-17-2013, 05:10 PM)Aysun Wrote: Welcome. I used to have a girl character that did such things as well to be viewed as a boy, but it was in another setting. It's a fun thing to play. Enjoy. Smile
Ooo awesome Big Grin  I hope to!

thank you very much ^^Rolleyes

(05-17-2013, 05:32 PM)Nhyra Wrote: Welcome! Even if I'm just another newcomer.

It's fun to hear that someone else is into the BJD hobby too :>
Ooo! do you collect BJD's?? *squee*  how exciting, nobody in my RL friends does and they don't get it when I fangurl out over new sculpts or even just wigs and new eyes etc. lol 

I need some like-minded amigos Cool
aw yea

(05-17-2013, 11:48 PM)Ellie Wrote: Welcome to the RPC, dear!

I'm sure you know this by now, but in ARR breast sizes are customizable, so having a character with a smaller bust is a possibility. You can still see them, unfortunately, but they'll be less noticeable.
Hehe yes I figured that I wouldn't be able to hide them completely in game. most games don't have very flat chested female characters. :/  Actually, the syllvari in GW2 could be very petite but I just couldn't RP one cause I couldn't relate to their lore. /sigh
but that's where imagination comes in to play! Yay Big Grin 

Thank you for the warm welcome GeekHeartMoogle

Moogle

RE: A girl called "Boy" - allgivenover - 05-18-2013

Exploration of gender identity, even in something like RP, is always super interesting to me. I look forward to reading more about your character.

(05-18-2013, 12:39 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Exploration of gender identity, even in something like RP, is always super interesting to me. I look forward to reading more about your character.
Her struggle with gender identity and coming to terms with feminine strength are going to be main storylines with her. Not the only ones, I don't want her to become one dimensional or anything, but it's something I can relate to so i'm going to explore it in my RP  Thumbsup

RE: A girl called "Boy" - Vixeren - 05-18-2013

Yep, welcome.

(05-18-2013, 11:02 PM)Vixeren Wrote: Yep, welcome.
Thank you Smile

RE: A girl called "Boy" - Moonfire - 05-18-2013

Welcome to the forums Big Grin