Hydaelyn Role-Players
Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning (/showthread.php?tid=2033)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Aysun - 05-31-2013

(05-31-2013, 03:55 AM)Ryanti Wrote: Can't get early access because I'm not Legacy? Even though I have the 1.0 CE?

Wow, that's... harsh. I mean, I know Legacy people get a bunch of perks, but I would imagine buying CE at launch would at least mean I get to play on the 'real' date it launches.

You can get the upgrade to the ARR CE and get the in-game items for free due to your original purchase, but the early access is for people who pre-order ARR or are Legacy.

Could be a lot worse. You could have to re-buy the game to play it? XD

Also, updated my other post. Thanks for the info!

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Ryanti - 06-01-2013

(05-31-2013, 08:36 AM)Rhostel Wrote: You get access to Beta phase 4, which includes almost all content and progress is planned to not be wiped. Plus you get to carry over any progress you made on your characters from 1.0.

Not getting into early access just means you have a few days gap between the end of beta and the official launch where you can't play. That's it.

I've had access since the first Alpha Phase. Also, my character from 1.0 is probably going to get deleted; my highest level on him is 11, needless to say I realized I wasn't getting my money's worth and never came back.

I just assumed that I'd be treated as if I had bought the CE before because I have. CE buyers from 1.0 had early access.

(05-31-2013, 05:51 PM)Aysun Wrote: You can get the upgrade to the ARR CE and get the in-game items for free due to your original purchase, but the early access is for people who pre-order ARR or are Legacy.

I can't afford pre-ordering. Not in my financial situation.

I just despise falling behind. Meh. Guess I'll be absent for that week.

But you're right. It is indeed very generous of them to offer the client free to all whom came before, and $30 for those who didn't.

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Aysun - 06-01-2013

(06-01-2013, 05:50 AM)Ryanti Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 08:36 AM)Rhostel Wrote: You get access to Beta phase 4, which includes almost all content and progress is planned to not be wiped. Plus you get to carry over any progress you made on your characters from 1.0.

Not getting into early access just means you have a few days gap between the end of beta and the official launch where you can't play. That's it.

I've had access since the first Alpha Phase. Also, my character from 1.0 is probably going to get deleted; my highest level on him is 11, needless to say I realized I wasn't getting my money's worth and never came back.

I just assumed that I'd be treated as if I had bought the CE before because I have. CE buyers from 1.0 had early access.

(05-31-2013, 05:51 PM)Aysun Wrote: You can get the upgrade to the ARR CE and get the in-game items for free due to your original purchase, but the early access is for people who pre-order ARR or are Legacy.

I can't afford pre-ordering. Not in my financial situation.

I just despise falling behind. Meh. Guess I'll be absent for that week.

But you're right. It is indeed very generous of them to offer the client free to all whom came before, and $30 for those who didn't.

Just remember it's not a race, and you'll have plenty of people to help you "catch up" too if you really are concerned about that. Smile As well as there will be plenty of people who are not pre-ordering.

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Rhostel - 06-01-2013

(06-01-2013, 03:21 PM)Aysun Wrote: Just remember it's not a race, and you'll have plenty of people to help you "catch up" too if you really are concerned about that. Smile As well as there will be plenty of people who are not pre-ordering.
Seriously. Never be afraid to ask me for help. I might not wanna right then, but I'll always be flattered.

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Renna - 06-01-2013

Anyone know if you can preorder the Collectors Edition in stores? All the retail links only have standard copies for preorder.

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Nightsha - 06-01-2013

I don't know about any other countries, but I believe that if you live in the U.S. GameStop offers in-store pre-orders of the CE (the promo code will be on your receipt).

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Valan - 06-04-2013

New infos relased. I can say " WFT?!"

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61990-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions?p=999555&viewfull=1#post999555

The worst is:

For the PS3 pre-order code and product registration, does the PlayStation Store have to be accessed through a PS3 to register?

Yes, registration can only be done using a PS3.

RE: Some New Q&A and Collector's Edition Warning - Arlon - 06-04-2013

The SE forum site wont load on my phone >.>