Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPC Mentorship Program ( Archive ) (/showthread.php?tid=2099)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gospel Gestalt - 06-06-2013

I guess I will opt to be a mentor and help out with getting people up to par with the lore history.

About me: I'm Gospel! I'm 25 years of age, I've been with the game since launch. RP-wise, I play a very reclusive character and remain more in the shadows than one which is up front. So if you're curious about playing a more quiet character who likes to make an impression without having to go out of their way to draw too much attention to themselves, then I may be of help.

I would consider my RP average at best though, however feel that I like to make up for this with my knowledge and intimacy with games lore and mechanics. I can easily trace back and go into great detail about almost any aspect of the games lore that has been revealed to us and even some of the things are hidden. Heck, even the veterans still come to me quite often for their dose of lore.

As for my game play knowledge? Well I got 3 relic weapons and can easily say that I have done -every- bit of content that 1.0 had to offer more times than I can count with my fingers. I have every class 50 (Link) I'm also well known for being a very self-sacrificing member of the community when it comes to sharing knowledge of the games history and helping others with getting through game content.

In short: If you're in need of in-game knowledge (Lore, history etc.) or help with setting up character backstories (timelines etc.), I'd be more than happy to support you with all that I'm worth. I am literally a walking dictionary and am at your service!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Magellan - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 12:00 PM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 11:55 AM)Magellan Wrote: Well, I won't be in-game til official launch in August, but I'll happily pair up with anyone willing to assist me.

I love community ideas like this :p

Ooo, ooo, I can kidnap help you! :p

Then Consider me officially kidnapp- er... helped!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Rhashi Nefhys - 06-06-2013

I'd really appreciate any form of help ICly and OOC. Great idea Gerik Wink

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Arlon - 06-06-2013

I would love to have an RP coach in game. I have extensive experience with forum roleplaying but much less with RP while playing the game. I am eager to learn and, as was said, I will be passing my knowledge onto others.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Rhostel - 06-06-2013

I'm happy to be a 'floating mentor', helping people out as they ask, but I don't think I can do the one-on-one, personal coach thing.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Alothia - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 12:17 PM)Rhashi Nefhys Wrote: I'd really appreciate any form of help ICly and OOC. Great idea Gerik Wink

/stolen

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Yahdo - 06-06-2013

I will be willing to teach new roleplayers the ropes, of course not sure how much I can do outside teaching them what is geenerally acccepted RP and what isn't because my old character didn't really have any RP friends and wasn't even really known so I plan on making a new character.

:Edit: Well, I can also show them how to engage randomly with other RP'ers so they can make friends easier.

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Vareal - 06-06-2013

I've been around on the RPC for three years, but the only time I ever really RP'd was in the original 1.0 beta test and before this game I never really RP'd in anything. I mean, I've participated in a few forum RPs here, but those kind of die out after a while and can get confusing when there's tons of people around.

So, if someone would like to mentor my inexperienced self, I would be eternally grateful. /friendrequestsent

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Blade - 06-06-2013

I'm willing to help out!

I'm already going to be coaching Blue, and probably several others from FFXI... so I guess put me down as sort of a part time mentor, I guess? Ah yeah, that and I'm going to be going to graduate school right as the game drops so, time may be an issue for me.

But I will help whenever I'm able to be on!

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Eva - 06-06-2013

Would also love to help mentor but feel a little awkward about selecting a specific RPer, but if someone wanted to work with me I'd be happy to help~  Heart

About Eva:
Show Content

Contact Info:
Gmail: eva.ianeira (at) gmail (dot) com
PM's here on the RPC work great!
If the game is up you can send me a /tell anytime too~

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kerr - 06-06-2013

Ah! I've been snatched up already! Haha~ GG, mentor me too sometimes! You little lore machine. Heart

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gerik - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 01:02 PM)Kerr Wrote: Ah! I've been snatched up already! Haha~ GG, mentor me too sometimes! You little lore machine. Heart

Hey I texted you and you consented, skank! Heart

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Vareal - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 12:53 PM)Eva Wrote: Would also love to help mentor but feel a little awkward about selecting a specific RPer, but if someone wanted to work with me I'd be happy to help~  Heart

[Image: Talking-Animals-From-the-Red-Carpet-3.jpg]

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Gospel Gestalt - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 01:02 PM)Kerr Wrote: Ah! I've been snatched up already! Haha~ GG, mentor me too sometimes! You little lore machine. Heart

Haha, I'd be delighted to. Feel free to send me a PM whenever Gerik is done with you. Same goes to everyone else, don't be shy to get in contact with me. Tonberry

RE: RPC Mentorship Program - Kari Illderthane - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 12:53 PM)Eva Wrote: Would also love to help mentor but feel a little awkward about selecting a specific RPer, but if someone wanted to work with me I'd be happy to help~  Heart

I shall take me an Eva then to remove that awkardness.

If she is ok with that of course.