Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read (/showthread.php?tid=2594)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Vashies Alexander - 07-03-2013

i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 11:00 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!
I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Kossori - 07-03-2013

(07-03-2013, 11:13 PM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:00 PM)Vashies Alexander Wrote: i have idea for a event! once every month all the rp guilds meet up at a bar or some thing some where. Where we all talk, may go fight some bosses, and  relax and share storys. just a idea!
I like it. Perhaps open it to all rpers guilded or not?
No doubt a good idea. It could be an open thing to meet, greet and recruit roleplayers in a more face-to-face manner too. Could be a fun time.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Desmond Aryll - 07-04-2013

This sounds great Rock. I'm new to the whole RP thing and honestly although I know Balmung would be fine, there is definitely something to be said for being there, at the the inception of a great thing. Much appreciated!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - MrHeat - 07-04-2013

I'll be rolling on this server. I may be shunned though. Just got done reading the hand book and it would seem Mr. Heats back ground is a no no.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Eva - 07-04-2013

(07-04-2013, 12:38 AM)MrHeat Wrote: I'll be rolling on this server. I may be shunned though. Just got done reading the hand book and it would seem Mr. Heats back ground is a no no.
Oh, the handbook is meant to be more of a guideline than any sort of rigid rule. You could make a post with your ideas/plans in the RP Discussion area to solicit feedback. With so many different RPers with so many different backgrounds, it is likely that there will be some folks or a group that will have similar ideals. Then again, it also looks like Gilgamesh will have a smaller pool of RPers overall, so I may be mistaken. But I would certainly take your ideas to the discussion board if you have any concerns about how they may be received.

(07-04-2013, 12:56 AM)Eva Wrote:
(07-04-2013, 12:38 AM)MrHeat Wrote: I'll be rolling on this server. I may be shunned though. Just got done reading the hand book and it would seem Mr. Heats back ground is a no no.
Oh, the handbook is meant to be more of a guideline than any sort of rigid rule.  You could make a post with your ideas/plans in the RP Discussion area to solicit feedback.  With so many different RPers with so many different backgrounds, it is likely that there will be some folks or a group that will have similar ideals.  Then again, it also looks like Gilgamesh will have a smaller pool of RPers overall, so I may be mistaken.  But I would certainly take your ideas to the discussion board if you have any concerns about how they may be received.
Thank you for clearing that up. I'll need to sit down and write out how Mr heat will be in game so people will know what he's about in final fantasy and the only thing that's being brought over is just his background.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Gideon Aryeh - 07-04-2013

Heat if you wish to discuss any ideas you have please feel free to do so! PM me anytime you wish.

Hmmm.....you know I really like Vaschies idea.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

Let me know what you guys who are playing on Gilgamesh think about this.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Varus - 07-04-2013

If you want something, do it. Many times in rp I find that roleplayers are not aggressive enough with going after what they wish.

+1 for this statement.

A key factor for successful RP is writer motivation. Find a concept you are motivated in pursuing and pursue it!

The festival meet-and-greet idea is great! It also gives Linkshells and Free Companies a chance to ICly promote themselves during the large, public event!

(07-04-2013, 02:56 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote: Hmmm.....you know I really like Vaschies idea.

What do you all think of the launch event being a meet and greet, but also a feast or festival? I was thinking of doing something like this. Perhaps a feast or festival basically celebrating those who survived the Calamity, being thankful that we have and celebrating lost ones that were lost because of the incident. I think it would also set down a sense of family for the server and perhaps even could be turned into a server holiday or something? Maybe even some sort of giveaway of low level items for newbies as contributing to the welfare of refugees who lost their homes during the Calamity as well. It gives a good reason to practice your crafting during Phase 4 and really helps the crafters be a part of driving the roleplay on the server.

Perhaps since we are the -secondary- server we can use this to our advantage and really give the server a small town "everybody knows everbody family kind of feel". Very intimate.

Let me know what you guys who are playing on Gilgamesh think about this.
Sounds great to me. As someone new to this RPing thing, I think this would help my kind (lol) to make that big step and help us get to know all the other RPs on the server. I'd be more then willing to help to set up this event.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - Tsori - 07-04-2013

Alot of rp communities tend to respond very well to frequent scheduled meet ups, such as every Tuesday at the same time same place. That way everyone knows where and when and the news spreads easily " oh yeah there's the weekly meet at xxxxxx ".
Looking forward to getting in on Gilgamesh, crafting rp is definitly a focus for me and hearing about the housing features I'm even more interested.

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - moody - 07-04-2013

While weekly meetups are amazing, having helped run some of them in other games I'll note that if you want it to be scheduled weekly you probably want more than one person to be involved running the event. Life happens, and missing a week or two is self-perpetuating. 

"Well, last week I was already busy and had to cancel. Well, this week is pretty busy and another won't hurt. Well, we missed two weeks so how about we just turn this into a month hiatus. Well we haven't done it in a month, they seem to be doing fine without it and I needed to work on [x] anyway."

I'd suggest starting out with a monthly event initially, build up the core format and a small group of people to run and assist running the event and then arrange who is "on point" each session ahead of time as you move towards a weekly rotation so that even if the 'founder' isn't there, the event can still run smoothly. 

The second note I'll make is that if you are running the event that has to be your primary concern. What I mean is that I've seen large group events where the people running the group got involved in their own RP (and who can blame them for wanting to) but while they did that the entire nature of the event changed around them or completely dissolved because there was no engaged and guiding hand behind it anymore. A good host/hostess is partly there to make sure people show up, but at least as important is the function of smoothing the social interaction of people with different personalities, goals, tolerance thresholds, and ideas of what's acceptable. 

Not trying to tell you what to do or discourage it. The idea is a great one and I'll try to swing by if it takes off Smile

Continue giving feedback ladies and gentlemen! Who thinks the idea mentioned would make a great launch event? If you have any other ideas to present please present them. Everyone who is starting on Gilgamesh is involved in this, lets hear your feedback!

RE: Rping on Gilgamesh? Please give this a read - D R E N - 07-04-2013

I think it's a great idea! I look forward to participating.