Hydaelyn Role-Players
Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering (/showthread.php?tid=2653)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Black - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 06:02 AM)Kyatai Wrote: Also... Does Ul'Dah have all the crafting professions? I was only able to locate Weaver, Alchemist, Goldsmith and... mining. Or is it like the Battle professions and spread all over?

Yeap, all spread out. Limsa Lominsa has some and Gridania has the rest, so you need to travel around if you want all the crafting professions.

AhrimanCool

RE: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Myxie Tryxle - 07-11-2013

(07-11-2013, 06:02 AM)Kyatai Wrote: Ok. Gave crafting a shot last night and... yeah. I need to plan ahead in Live. I had NO clothes for the L1 quest and... well, lets just say is not immodest. So yeah... totally OOC and irked me.
SO. Need to make gil to buy the basic crafting outfit before I give it a go. (TY Beta)

Also... Does Ul'Dah have all the crafting professions? I was only able to locate Weaver, Alchemist, Goldsmith and... mining. Or is it like the Battle professions and spread all over?

Was recommended to me by several folks to hold off on crafting til after L15... I can see the wisdom in this- though I'd like to pick up the gathering professions so I can prep for Crafting later.
You can always just wear your racial set until you can craft other pieces.  No crafting benefits, but it does keep you covered up.

Limsa Lominsa has fishing (not in beta), armorsmith, blacksmith, and culinarian.  Gridania has leatherworking, carpentry, and botany.

There's no harm in unlocking classes as you find them, but there's major synergy to waiting until you've unlocked them all to actually get started.  Blacksmithing, for example, uses almost as much lumber and leather as it does metal, so if you've unlocked carpenter and leatherworker, you can get a little extra experience in those two classes by crafting your materials rather than buying the wood or leather outright from the blacksmithing supplier.

I spent the last day working almost exclusively on blacksmithing, as an example.  I started with most of a stack of maple lumber, two stacks of copper, a stack of tin, and around 20 animal hides.  I used up all my lumber, all my hides, and most of my metals.  I would suggest doing your gathering professions first, and when it comes to the metal ores and lumber, gather at least two stacks of 99 each.  The other materials like latex, stone, uncut gems, etc. aren't used nearly as much as the raw lumber and metals.

RE: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Myxie Tryxle - 07-15-2013

(07-06-2013, 02:38 PM)Callipygian Wrote: I’ll be upgrading this list as my crafting skills improve and new recipes appear in my crafting log.  ))

These lists represent recipes up to the following levels in the different production classes:
ARM 20, BSM 20, CRP 25, GSM 25, LTW 25, WVR 25
This will be my last update for the end of Phase 3 of the beta.  I got my crafting skills to the levels listed above from my edited post and updated the entire list to make it more comprehensive.

What's New for this Version?
First, I added a little information on how the primary attributes affect your crafting and gathering.  The answer continues to remain "not very much."  Roughly 20% of the gathering nodes will benefit from "ATT >= X".  The attribute I've seen varies from STR, DEX, INT, and MND.  Considering that means that on any given gathering node you have a 1 in 5 chance of benefiting from 1 of 4 stats to receive just one more swing on a node, that pretty much clinches the notion that you're better off looking for gathering stats rather than base attributes on your gear.  I have yet to see any crafting recipe that explicitly states a benefit from an attribute.

Second, I posted my current crafting skill caps as part of the list, so you'll know if you've exceeded my skill level.  I tried to get them all up to 25, but armorer and blacksmith required me to go out mining up so much metal and shards that I just couldn't quite make myself do it, especially with still needing to test out all the classes and several nights of quality RP.  Excuses aside, if you exceed the posted levels in your own crafting skill, you'll have new recipes I haven't seen yet, so remember that those recipes won't appear on this list.  Again, as I level my new crafter on live back up to these levels and beyond, I'll be updating this list.

Third, I made the list a lot more comprehensive.  In addition to adding all the pieces for my higher skill levels, I also added a few suffixes to pieces where I had previously left them out.  I realized things like "Brass Ring" and "Brass Ring of Crafting" are vastly different pieces (the first being for disciples of war, the second being for crafters of all types).  Hopefully that will prevent confusion for anyone looking to keep their crafting gear on the razor's edge as they level up.

Fourth, I updated all the Primary and Secondary Tool entries to include which classes get an updated tool for that level.  It was a little bit annoying looking at the list and seeing that you got a new primary tool at level 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, and 20 with no indication which classes got tools at which level.  So I fixed that.  Hopefully the brackets will make it clear that [these are the classes that get a new tool] versus (these are the classes that make this piece of gear).

RE: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Myxie Tryxle - 09-02-2013

(07-06-2013, 02:38 PM)Myxie Tryxle Wrote: These lists represent recipes up to the following levels in the different production classes:
ARM 25, BSM 25, CRP 25, GSM 30, LTW 25, WVR 35

I updated the post to include recipes I have discovered given these new skill caps. Hopefully the gear sort feature in the next patch will make this list unnecessary, but until then, happy crafting!

RE: Equipment Guide for Crafting and Gathering - Myxie Tryxle - 09-27-2014

It's been quite a while since I updated this thread, despite having completed my list months ago. Whether or not it's useful to anyone now that there are several websites where you can just do a gear search, I have no idea. I figured since I made the list I may as well post the full list, in case someone does find it useful.

Enjoy, and good luck with your tradeskills Big Grin