Hydaelyn Role-Players
Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread (/showthread.php?tid=329)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Seraphine Felstar - 08-03-2010

Just checking with everyone to see if the pace of the thread is to everyone's liking. I've been trying to get everyone settled with drinks and allowing you guys to RP with each other so I can get to the portrait part of the thread since there is actually a point to that as you will all see. Hope everyone is having fun and we can get a couple more people in to join us Smile

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Renaise - 08-03-2010

Good for me, I'm pretty slow at the moment anyway Tongue

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Kashemia - 08-04-2010

It's fine with me too Smile There's starting to be a lot of people involved, and it's been a while since I did forum rp, so have to get used to it, but the pace is fine, it seems like everyone is good at letting each other post in between Smile

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Zyanya - 08-04-2010

Thanks for giving a lurker some fab reading material during her spare time. I hope to join in eventually but for now I'm quite happy to stay lurking! :cat:

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - sassaroth - 08-04-2010

hands eulanna some binoculars and a ski mask

This will help

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - sassaroth - 08-04-2010

I thought the old lady was sitting by herself...

if she was at the table I doubt Sass would have commented.... nevermind he would.

How do people keep up with forum rp at all? o.O It's not about the pacing, it's fine in this thread, there's just so many people! How do people know what posts to react to?

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Kima wolf - 08-04-2010

I'd typically reply to things which are going on in my character's vicinity if he'd notice it or not, or if someone says something when my character is around, then i'd make a comment on it, if it was in my character's personality, or if someone walked up to my character or where he was and said a general comment like "hi everyone" i'd reply to them. Again it depends on how your character would react to what's going on around them.

Yeah... I think I'll wait for Azreiel, since she was the one Seraj was last talking too... The chat just seem to shift really fast Big Grin

The funny thing is, I started out with forum rp many years ago, but I haven't really done it since I started roleplaying in MMOs, I feel completely out of touch Big Grin

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Tyriont - 08-04-2010

Yeah, I'm waiting to give Az a chance to respond since that would seem to follow the natural conversation flow. It's been a while since I engaged in forum RP myself, but it's all good. We're all figuring it out as we go for the most part Wink

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Seraphine Felstar - 08-04-2010

I'm not the best a forum RP as well, but I think everything is working out alright. I think I'm going to let Cassondra go back to her art for a bit and see how things develop with Az. Tyriont's character has also added a bit of a new element for the group, I think and it'll be interesting to see how that will turn out.

... And I just have to ask! What is that thingie under your name Tyriont? I can't make out what type of smiley it is (if that's what it is) or it's meaning? Sorry to seem like such a noob for not being able to figure it out ^^;;

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Seraphine Felstar - 08-04-2010

Sorry to post twice in a row but when I was writing up my last post I realized I didn't have a chance to respond to Sass. I'm going to just assume she gave her name politely so not to break up the flow of conversation. Sorry to have to retcon like that.

I just had Sondra go sit somewhere so she wasn't standing in the middle of the group like a statue while waiting for people to respond Laugh

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Renaise - 08-04-2010

I'm not being forgetful by the way, Ren is kinda avoiding giving out his name at the moment. Tongue

But yeah the pacing is picking up, but its not too bad. What I tend to do when a lot of people join is imagine I am in the same situation with everyone talking at once. If you are in a big group like that in real life you cant really respond to everyone at the same time save for a small nod of acknowledgement or whatever.

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Tyriont - 08-04-2010

Crystal Wrote:... And I just have to ask! What is that thingie under your name Tyriont? I can't make out what type of smiley it is (if that's what it is) or it's meaning? Sorry to seem like such a noob for not being able to figure it out ^^;;

It shows up oddly if you don't have the right language pack installed, or are using IE. In which case you fail anyway. But under other, not crap browsers, it looks like a little pirate guy.

Re: Portraits For a Price - OOC Thread - Hayden - 08-05-2010

Hey, why don't we try to point things back in the direction Crystal was planning? Since it is her thread and she has something she wants to show us Big Grin

I didn't mean to hijack the thread like that, so why don't we all try to get back on topic for her? Big Grin