Hydaelyn Role-Players
VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? (/showthread.php?tid=3482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Regulus Heartnet - 08-12-2013

i agree a male viera wouldn't look good as for male miqo te they looked to me like they should be all female race the male miqo te was hush hush topic and reason they brought in the males was please the fans

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Ashren Dotharl - 08-12-2013

We also see Qiqirn and Goblins in Limsa Lominsa so I'm not sure that makes them very unique in regards to beastmen living among the normal folks. Personally I always thought the Bangaa were a little weird looking, like scaly dogs more than actual lizardmen, and the Mamool Ja aren't much better. I'd rather see something more like the Amalj'aa, or to reference another game, the Aman from TERA. Since they said Dragonkin specifically instead of Lizardfolk, the appearance of those two seem more in line with "Dragons" than the Bangaa or Mamool Ja.

Actually I take back what I said about the Aman, too much like the Roegadyn so it would be kind of pointless. Still, a race similar to the Amalj'aa seems like it would be preferable for a reptile type race in my opinion. Something big, fierce, and with features more monstrous or animalistic than humanoid.

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Merri - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 12:50 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: We also see Qiqirn and Goblins in Limsa Lominsa so I'm not sure that makes them very unique in regards to beastmen living among the normal folks.

I was more referring to the Mamool Ja being a new entity added into the mix since the Calamity. We don't really know much about them, other than that they came across the seas and are apparently known for their work as mercenaries. We've only seen a few that are presumably friendly, of course.

Lore-wise, Qiqirin and Goblins have long since been integrated into Eorzean society. More-so in Limsa Lominsa and Gridania than Ul'dah, however, as the sultanate has a beef with beastmen. Both Qiqirin and Goblins are fairly common-place in the city-states, though. You'll see them peddling their wares in the markets.

Mamool Ja, on the other hand, are this completely new race that seem to be fairly aggressive, so it's interesting to see them mingling with Eorzean society.

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Zyrusticae - 08-12-2013

Gods, if they could implement a race similar to the Iksar or Skyrim-style Argonians, I would never leave this game (at least until EQNext is released, anyway). What can I say? I love my humanoid lizard people. Bangaa, not so much - they really do look more like some kind of weird mix between dog and lizard.

Playable Mamool Ja I would be okay with, though with their rather alien physique (relative to the other races), they would need a LOT of art work done to fit them in armor...

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Gideon Aryeh - 08-12-2013

This...I want this..not nearly enough Wolfmen and I don't mean werewolves.
[Image: wolf_warrior_by_el_grimlock-d39dxym.jpg]

Are there Wolfmen in any FF game? I don't remember.

(08-12-2013, 01:10 AM)Merri Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 12:50 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: We also see Qiqirn and Goblins in Limsa Lominsa so I'm not sure that makes them very unique in regards to beastmen living among the normal folks.

I was more referring to the Mamool Ja being a new entity added into the mix since the Calamity. We don't really know much about them, other than that they came across the seas and are apparently known for their work as mercenaries. We've only seen a few that are presumably friendly, of course.

Lore-wise, Qiqirin and Goblins have long since been integrated into Eorzean society. More-so in Limsa Lominsa and Gridania than Ul'dah, however, as the sultanate has a beef with beastmen. Both Qiqirin and Goblins are fairly common-place in the city-states, though. You'll see them peddling their wares in the markets.

Mamool Ja, on the other hand, are this completely new race that seem to be fairly aggressive, so it's interesting to see them mingling with Eorzean society.
Are they actually from across the sea? The only Lore not related to FFXI I could find about them implied they were implied to have come directly from Vana'diel, though I never encountered any besides the one in the Arcanist Guild in Limsa Lominsa, and never saw any hostile ones to see if there was any indication of whether that was true or not.

To Rock, I as a major fan of Werewolves in general, I would love a Wolf type race to be added to the game, even if it wasn't anything related to Lycanthropy. Sadly I could see it being more likely as a new Beastmen Race than a new player race.

Rock my man that race would vote for simply cus he looks like a badass

(08-12-2013, 01:48 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote:

Are they actually from across the sea? The only Lore not related to FFXI I could find about them implied they were implied to have come directly from Vana'diel, though I never encountered any besides the one in the Arcanist Guild in Limsa Lominsa, and never saw any hostile ones to see if there was any indication of whether that was true or not.

To Rock, I as a major fan of Werewolves in general, I would love a Wolf type race to be added to the game, even if it wasn't anything related to Lycanthropy. Sadly I could see it being more likely as a new Beastmen Race than a new player race.
I think a mammalian beastmen race that was playable would also be interesting lore wise being that there really haven't been any I've seen so far. It could establish that maybe perhaps the mammalian beastmen might be different minded in some sort of way. That way you could leave the lizards and the bird folk as the enemies and create a story where the wolfmen could decide to help the native Eorzeans to deal with the Primals. Hell the way you could introduce them is as a newcomer to Eorzea. Perhaps coming over from the same place the Miqo's and/or Hyur's are from and remembering their one or two old friends.

Imagine if this so called Wolfmen had their own Primal? Knights of the Round, the old spirit primal of the Hyurs before they left their own continent? Maybe the Wolfmen friends of the Hyurs before they migrated to Eorzea took on this primal as their own and perhaps it would show that the Hyurs at one time were more tribal with perhaps a related tribal belief system (Hence the almost Viking esque aspect/more savage look of the Highlanders mixed with the more knightly ancient England aspect of the Midlanders.)

Or even better a beastmen race pushed from the Garlean continent (don't remember the name sorry) and enemy to the Garleans. Now that -would- be damn cool!

(Perhaps mammalian beastmen might be from other continents?)

Again I'm still learning lore and just theorycrafting here so please if there is something I don't know feel free to inform me.

Are they still technically Beastmen if they are playable? Once they become playable one would assume you're free to join any of the available City-States, and Grand Companies, which would no longer qualify them as being Beastmen based on the criteria that Beastmen live and operate outside of the influence of the City-States. If they came from the same place as the Miqo'te originally did, I think it's more likely that SE would go with the cliche of them being age old enemies (Cat vs. Dog) than saying they were ancestral allies or some such. Still there's a LOT of places in Eorzea that's untouched by the game so far, plenty of room for some isolated race to exist, so who knows what we'll see.

(08-12-2013, 02:01 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: Are they still technically Beastmen if they are playable? Once they become playable one would assume you're free to join any of the available City-States, and Grand Companies, which would no longer qualify them as being Beastmen based on the criteria that Beastmen live and operate outside of the influence of the City-States. If they came from the same place as the Miqo'te originally did, I think it's more likely that SE would go with the cliche of them being age old enemies (Cat vs. Dog) than saying they were ancestral allies or some such. Still there's a LOT of places in Eorzea that's untouched by the game so far, plenty of room for some isolated race to exist, so who knows what we'll see.
True indeed. Personally I'd love to see a new race of beastmen pushed from the Garlemald? area that teams up with the native Eorzeans.

it could happen im Erozea is just one continent of hydaelyn so its possible we only barely touch the surface

(08-12-2013, 02:04 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 02:01 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote: Are they still technically Beastmen if they are playable? Once they become playable one would assume you're free to join any of the available City-States, and Grand Companies, which would no longer qualify them as being Beastmen based on the criteria that Beastmen live and operate outside of the influence of the City-States. If they came from the same place as the Miqo'te originally did, I think it's more likely that SE would go with the cliche of them being age old enemies (Cat vs. Dog) than saying they were ancestral allies or some such. Still there's a LOT of places in Eorzea that's untouched by the game so far, plenty of room for some isolated race to exist, so who knows what we'll see.
True indeed. Personally I'd love to see a new race of beastmen pushed from the Garlemald? area that teams up with the native Eorzeans.
The Garlean Empire seems like they would have been pretty effective at wiping out or enslaving any Beastmen populations in Garlemald, and if any fleeing Beastmen had escaped they probably would have done so during the push into Ala Mhigo.

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Ildur - 08-12-2013

Bunny girls or cat girls. Decisions, decisions...

I'll pick Miqo'te because we already have them. With that said, however, if Squeenix adds any race I hope they are dwarves. Because every game should have dwarves with awesomely large and complex beards.

Not that I expect them to do that...but I can dream!

(08-12-2013, 02:13 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 02:04 AM)Rock Sandbourne Wrote:
The Garlean Empire seems like they would have been pretty effective at wiping out or enslaving any Beastmen populations in Garlemald, and if any fleeing Beastmen had escaped they probably would have done so during the push into Ala Mhigo.
Hmmmm....good point

RE: VIERA vs Miqo 'te ? - Gospel Gestalt - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 01:48 AM)Ashren Snow Wrote:

This is really the only snippet of info we have to go off of at the moment. I'm not really sure where people keep assuming that they are from Vana'deil? I've searched everywhere and I have not been able to find anything that even remotely suggests this. As for the hostile Mamool'ja, they can mostly be found out at Bronze Lake patrolling about outside The Wanderer's Palace. Their levels range around from 36-39.

Show Content