Hydaelyn Role-Players
Subway's Cookies - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Subway's Cookies (/showthread.php?tid=3505)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Subway's Cookies - Ari Kagon - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:01 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: I avoid subway .  I find the food very low quality  and while those cookies are probably really good I'm sure they are just bought in by a bakery / vendor  like most retailers get.

Even where I work we get our cookies in from a vendor (frozen pre sliced cookie dough)  but we bake them store side so they are still fresh baked.  I'm pretty sure Subway doesn't have an oven to bake cookies ^^
Actually, I know someone that use to work at a Subway. They do bake their cookies but they get their dough ready to bake from a supplier.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Aysun - 08-12-2013

I used to work at Subway.. Big Grin My first job. But I worked at a GOOD Subway! We were huge sticklers about quality and freshness and stuff. Never give out a yellow tomato, etc.

I still wouldn't eat the cold cut combos or the "seafood" stuff from there though. Nothx.

Cookies are made from premade dough, but we did bake them fresh everyday. ^^ Same with the bread.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Domri Blackblade - 08-12-2013

I go in to subway from work and get just a cookie. But I'm buddies with the sandwich makers. I don't know how they'd react if I asked for 20 though, haha!

RE: Subway's Cookies - Chance - 08-12-2013

(08-12-2013, 05:34 PM)Meia Wrote: I go in to subway from work and get just a cookie. But I'm buddies with the sandwich makers. I don't know how they'd react if I asked for 20 though, haha!
I dare you to actually go in and casually ask for 20 cookies, white chocolate ones. Tongue If you do please tell me their response Big Grin

RE: Subway's Cookies - Vee - 08-12-2013

Maybe it's just our Subway but you know the plastic plate/bowl things with covers you get for salads? They sell like 10 cookies or something like that in those and put them out for customers to buy. Whenever they have the triple chocolate or the white macadamia nut ones I always get them. XD Sometimes them mixed too so honestly, if you just ask I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Fiona Swift - 08-12-2013

oh my god! I go to work and come back to see talk of Macadamia nuts and chocolate .. and white chocolate.

Sad I want cookies now

RE: Subway's Cookies - Silverlight - 08-14-2013

Subway here in penzance is awful, try the cookies once but like eating rocks. plus last time I went there. Friend and myself went to do, both scream and leapt back as massive rat walk out the place, never gone back since then XD.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Maeve - 08-14-2013

I don't eat subs from subway but I have gone in and just bought all the white choc and macadamia cookies in stock before. Think it was around 20-25ish. I had friends coming over and I don't bake. Worked out good for everyone.

RE: Subway's Cookies - LandStander - 08-14-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:01 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: I avoid subway .  I find the food very low quality  and while those cookies are probably really good I'm sure they are just bought in by a bakery / vendor  like most retailers get.

You would surprised at just how low quality it is...

Show Content

RE: Subway's Cookies - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

[Image: Firehouse_Subs.jpg]

I win.

RE: Subway's Cookies - Maeve - 08-14-2013

Oh that just reminded me, I find it funny when I have friends that won't eat subway because of the quality then proceed to go to macdonalds or drink Coke <facepalms>  Dodgy

RE: Subway's Cookies - Ryanti - 08-14-2013

I am forced quite often to eat Subway during the semesters I have class. Because it's either that or Taco Bell and Chic Fil'A.

Unless I wanna drive and pay money that's not coming out of my financial aid.

So despite me really preferring either local substations or places like Firehouse, I'm very familar with Subway.

And how shitty their subs are.

And how razor thin those slices of meat are too. Greedy bastards.[/i]

RE: Subway's Cookies - Aleister - 08-14-2013

(08-12-2013, 02:49 PM)Chance Vinders Wrote: Now I have a question...You all know how good Subway's cookies are (Obviously subject to opinion). How would the sandwich maker react if you just came in and requested 20 cookies? Before that how would they feel at the fact you only went in there for their cookies lmao? I am so tempted to drive up there right now and find out, whose with me?
Probably thing you're on weed or something lol. Thats gross though, those cookies themselves are packed with 300+ calories. ._. Thats a full meal right there on some of them cookies.

RE: Subway's Cookies - S'demyx Tia - 08-14-2013

Idunno what's up with the Subway hate! D:

It's one of the only few places I could go get vegetarian food ('sides burger king) AND actually taste good.

But now I'm vegan and the veggie patty has dairy/eggs in it (as do their bomb oatmeal cookies). Whoa is me! ~

RE: Subway's Cookies - Demon Fox - 08-14-2013

(08-12-2013, 03:01 PM)Fiona Swift Wrote: while those cookies are probably really good I'm sure they are just bought in by a bakery / vendor  like most retailers get.
You're part right, i don't know how Subway operates in other places around the globe but over here (in the UK) the cookies get delivered on trays, but they are "Raw", by that i mean it's just clumps of shaped cookie dough on a tray that they throw in the oven as soon as they get them.

At least that's what they used to do when i worked there, One of the best parts of working there was that freshly baked cookie smell.