Hydaelyn Role-Players
Oh Nau! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Oh Nau! (/showthread.php?tid=3517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 11-05-2014

Oh my goodness, you just made my week, thank you! I was certain I was just posting these for myself. XD

I definitely intend to finish out the rest of the pantheon; it's just slow going. The last quarter of the semester is just as busy for teachers! I've got all the who's who planned out, so it's just forcing myself to draw guys, which... I am not the best at. @.@ Especially if they are particularly grizzled, as at least two of them will be...

I'm super flattered by your comments on feet and hands. xD I'm not sure I'd say I do them "very well", but I think I've improved over time... secret is looking at my own feet and hands a lot. And remembering where all the joints go lol.

Anyway, thank you very much. Today has been an extremely difficult day since about 1:30am, and I really needed something like this. <3

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 12-20-2014

I promise I still intend to finish that other project. I've just been super distracted drawing WildStar art and the occasional TERA piece. xD To get myself back into the swing of FFXIV, have an Antimony...

[Image: tumblr_ngwe4zXgwM1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

... I couldn't figure out what clothes to put on her. :S *is a baddy*

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 01-02-2015

Part 7, Burned Cypress, the Keeper

[Image: tumblr_nhjfjs40Ma1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

Hah! I'm not dead and I haven't forgotten this project!

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 01-23-2015

SO!

[edit] Nevermind, I suppose.

RE: Oh Nau! - Ilwe'ran - 01-23-2015

Even though I can't help you, I admire your kindness. Update your topic title to put "Oh Nau ! Commissions OPEN" and update your first message Smile

RE: Oh Nau! (Charity Commissions OPEN) - Naunet - 01-24-2015

Thank you for the suggestion. Smile I've updated the OP and my thread title.

RE: Oh Nau! (Charity Commissions OPEN) - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-24-2015

Wow, these pieces are seriously amazing!

I was so excited to see the opening line of "I don't art much".
I was thinking "YESSSS!! Someone who probably has scrub art comparable to mine so I can now post my stuff as well without looking like I'm completely horrible at drawing"

But alas, twas not the case.....oh well.

*hides "art" back in the closet* 

Seriously, awesome work.

RE: Oh Nau! (Charity Commissions OPEN) - Naunet - 01-25-2015

Thank you very much, Haylden. But no! Don't hide! Everyone here is super accepting, and I think it's almost every artist's habit to think they're not as good as others might consider. Certainly don't call your own work "scrub art"; I can guarantee it's not true.

I won't force you to post it, but please don't feel like you need to hide it from people!

On another note, I'm back from my business trip and thus able to get to work on any commissions people might be willing to throw my way. The situation is still dire for my friend. Please help me help her. D:

RE: Oh Nau! (Charity Commissions OPEN) - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 06:14 PM)Naunet Wrote: Thank you very much, Haylden. But no! Don't hide! Everyone here is super accepting, and I think it's almost every artist's habit to think they're not as good as others might consider. Certainly don't call your own work "scrub art"; I can guarantee it's not true.

I won't force you to post it, but please don't feel like you need to hide it from people!

On another note, I'm back from my business trip and thus able to get to work on any commissions people might be willing to throw my way. The situation is still dire for my friend. Please help me help her. D:
Thanks for the encouragement, but when I say scrub art, I really mean scrub art. I've only been drawing for about a week now.....so it shows lol.

RE: Oh Nau! (Charity Commissions OPEN) - Naunet - 01-27-2015

Everyone starts somewhere! If you keep at it regularly, you'll be amazed at the improvement you see, even in just a short time. Smile

What helps a whole lot is to never shy away from using references. Even if you have a pretty good idea of the pose you want to draw, finding a photo reference for that pose can help you avoid unintentional anatomy errors. To me when I look at my stuff, it's horribly obvious which poses I used references for and which ones I was too lazy for and didn't. XD

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 02-12-2015

Not sure how I feel about this sketch... K'piru's probably, uh, late 20s-early 30s in this? Anyway, here ya go.

[Image: tumblr_njomc1FqCh1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

RE: Oh Nau! - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

Came for the Naul puns

Stayed for the art.

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 03-12-2015

Okay I know it's not FFXIV, and I try hard not to post any of my other art except FFXIV stuff here, but I was/am super happy with how it turned out.

[Image: tumblr_nl311qgjpp1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

That's one of my WoW characters and her totallynotevilatall staff. Yup. Nothing to see here. "So I tried casting the magic from that madness-inducing plant we found, and now there's plants growing on my staff and it makes the magic cast better. That's good, right? This can only end well."

Big Grin

RE: Oh Nau! - Naunet - 03-18-2015

To make up for the last post, have a K'piru:

[Image: tumblr_nle6stnhil1rrdk3eo1_1280.png]

RE: Oh Nau! - Y'lani - 03-18-2015

I love the way you do clothing. The garb is so elaborate and beautiful, and yet simple at the same time. It makes for the perfect contrast.

Keep up the amazing artwork!