Hydaelyn Role-Players
Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Catherine - New game from the Persona team (/showthread.php?tid=408)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Mycroft - 08-22-2010

On a slightly related note.. Persona 1 for PSP is finally available via PSN in Europe.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - blueblacksky - 08-22-2010

The remake of 1 is an alright game. It shines more for western players who were only able to play the derp release from back then. Overall the first Persona game is fairly mediocre.

The game that qualifies as Persona 2 in the west was much better - sadly my copy was stolen many years ago and I missed the reprint Atlus did last year. For me though the series really didn't shine until Persona 3. To me it's the perfect marriage of western and eastern RPG design philosophy.

As for Catherine. I'd be surprised if it didn't come over to the US. Atlus hit it big economically after P3 took off here in the states. Given westerners preference for the Persona series over the main Megaten franchise it might be a good move for Atlus to localize the game as 'Persona: Catherine' or something. It's pandering, but hey, that's business.

Australia and Europe might not see it because the gaming culture is not as prevalent or as protected in those parts of the world. I'd expect some EU countries to ban it if it did, or to come over censored. Or it could fly under the radar altogether and make it unaltered. The EU can be pretty bi-polar in it's responses to video game content. It's either demonized by the media or missed entirely.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-22-2010

Dogberry Wrote:As for Catherine, I'm not sure that a nipple slip is really all that big a deal anymore. Dante's Inferno had about as many bare chests as it did impalements. Nobody really mentioned it. Catherine is a little different in that the sexuality is played up, but I honestly don't think anything short of full frontal nudity is going to shock ratings boards. At any rate, I really hope this comes to the US, because I want to play this game. It really looks like it's the Blue Velvet to Persona's Twin Peaks.

Well, Dante's Inferno wasn't: NUDITY!!! SEX!!! BOOOOOOOBS!!!. It's more: story, story, nudity, story, story.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Mycroft - 08-22-2010

blueblacksky Wrote:Australia and Europe might not see it because the gaming culture is not as prevalent or as protected in those parts of the world. I'd expect some EU countries to ban it if it did, or to come over censored. Or it could fly under the radar altogether and make it unaltered. The EU can be pretty bi-polar in it's responses to video game content. It's either demonized by the media or missed entirely.

Well it won't make it to Germany that's for sure, not without having half of it's content ripped out, but I'm fairly sure that we'll see it uncensored, if only in England, France and Spain.. I can always pick it up in England if it doesn't hit the stands in Scandinavia.

Honestly Germany is the only European country that demonizes video games, the others are pretty uncaring.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Dogberry - 08-22-2010

UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Well, Dante's Inferno wasn't: NUDITY!!! SEX!!! BOOOOOOOBS!!!. It's more: story, story, nudity, story, story.

Iiiii don't know about that. The only people I've ever heard talking about Dante's Inferno's story were the ones that had actually read Inferno. Mostly, people were talking about scything blade-armed babies in half while bouncing on Cleopatra's ladyparts.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-22-2010

Not really. And honestly if they were going to mention something it wouldn't be that. It would be the temptation demons.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Renaise - 09-18-2010

New Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-catherine/704757

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Mycroft - 09-18-2010

I love mind-fuck.

This is going to be awesome.

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Noelle - 09-18-2010

Vincent sure is horny >u>

-snickers-

Can't wait~!

Re: Catherine - New game from the Persona team - Satisiun - 09-18-2010

Well, /v/ didn't like my reaction guy image, but whatever. Tongue I'll put it here, too.

Show Content