Hydaelyn Role-Players
CALL TO ARMS!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: CALL TO ARMS!! (/showthread.php?tid=4591)

Pages: 1 2

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Yini Kihn - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 07:31 PM)allgivenover Wrote: It's only happened to me once so far. It's an intermittent issue that I suspect has to do with your immediate surroundings, but I can't say for sure.

Please test with the examples in my bug report. So far as I know, they don't work anywhere no matter who sends them.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Swift Nightclaw - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 05:57 PM)Yini Kihn Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 05:09 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: Looking at the post on the forums, it looks like it hasn't even been 24 hours.  Calm down...

It's been two days since I first noticed it and almost two days since I first reported it, not less than 24 hours as you claim. Just saying!

In any case, people are just worried because this is an issue that primarily affects role-players it would seem. Given that we're not exactly the most numerous bunch, it makes sense for us all to go and report our experiences so that SE is aware of the severity of the issue. This is doubly true considering they may have a different filtering system on the JP servers entirely and, as such, most of the developers will not even be at risk of encountering this problem themselves when playing the game.

Says 9/16/13 on the forum tags, but that might be in Japan which would be 9/15 in US then, so that would explain the confusion. Wink

Still, 48 hours isn't exactly a long time for an MMO when you have literally hundreds if not thousands of issues to juggle and potentially thousands of lines of code to dig through and debug just to figure out what's causing an apparent intermittent and completely random issue.

The call to arms, demanding they respond, questioning why they haven't commented just seemed a bit much.  I totally understand reporting and adding to the report with additional information from other players.

Also, your phrase also did not work in Linkshell for me either. Perhaps love is a four letter word. X3

Also, your report has more replies and more views than any others I see on the front page of the accepted bugs!

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Yini Kihn - 09-18-2013

(09-17-2013, 08:55 PM)Swift Nightclaw Wrote: The call to arms, demanding they respond, questioning why they haven't commented just seemed a bit much.

I'm quite sure the original post was very much meant to be tongue-in-cheek: No one's calling for anyone to demand anything.

In any case, it seems like they've accepted the bug so now we just wait!

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Rinh Hallani - 09-18-2013

Hah, it just happened to me again last night. I typed "Evening" in linkshell and it disappeared into the aether. Wanted to add to the thread but they've locked it. Oh well, seems like they're looking into it now.

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Yini Kihn - 09-18-2013

On the plus side, I had a lovely role-play last night that involved macros to send each other hearts after every line to ensure we got the message! It was just like usual but with even more love!

RE: CALL TO ARMS!! - Swift Nightclaw - 09-18-2013

(09-18-2013, 02:43 AM)Yini Kihn Wrote: In any case, it seems like they've accepted the bug so now we just wait!
Now we play the waiting game...........

Waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos!