Hydaelyn Role-Players
Thats it i have had enough - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Thats it i have had enough (/showthread.php?tid=4807)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Trigonxv - 09-28-2013

(09-28-2013, 01:09 AM)Val Wrote: I rolled Balmung for multiple reasons, but honestly the fact that it was legacy did not bother me at all. Truth be told, I like the idea of the economy and player base already being set. 

As most people have already said, it's going to happen with every game you play. Eventually, a few months from now, it won't matter which server was legacy because everyone will be at about the same place.
considering the endgame will more than likely change since every 3 months New content should be rolling  out the amount of people trapped in an endgame limbo of little to no progression will increase all I am saying is by getting a static group together that aids through endgame will surely save people a lot of hassle and mat get them to do the same

RE: Thats it i have had enough - ArmachiA - 09-28-2013

Mostly I've been running endgame with my guild so I don't have many experiences with endgame elitism. We've picked up pubs and stuff from Balmung's Finest (Thanks for helping us clear Garuda last night!) and they are stand up people.

Endgame elitism is absolutely awful and is EVERYWHERE, regardless of game, server, etc. You gotta find good people to run with, and allies who will help your guild succeed. Though I do welcome solutions to combat the problem.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Clover - 09-28-2013

Aaah, the sad elitism. One of the reasons why I'm taking long holidays from Mabinogi:Heroes (the other being that only elitists seem to have luck with drops *sweatdrops*).

I've been taking my time and enjoying the game, but lately I've been wondering what exactly I'm going to do when I reach end-game. What's more, people (even RPers) seem to only want parties of players who already have the equip which drops in those dungeons (????) and tons of experience in them (????).

I guess having friends willing to help you in your first runs is completely essential.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Yloise - 09-28-2013

I haven't gotten past 30 yet so I do not know how I will turn out. I have never really fit into a hardcore raiding guild anyhow. I don't like to be told how my game time will be structured because I am here to rp and take my time.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Asyria - 09-28-2013

Please don't bring Legacy into this... We all know a lot of people rushed to 50 within one or two weeks on brand new servers and since then only accepted to do runs with unber-geared people who knew all the fight son the back of their hands.
This is why I don't do engame in most mmo's.
I'm all about the journey.

That said, I thought Balmung's Finest is what this is about? Forming groups to run content without that annoying elitism?

RE: Thats it i have had enough - BlessedSilence - 09-28-2013

Nothing wrong with creating a loose alliance of FCs for people looking to do raids.  We had that in EQ2 for those who didn't have a guild or whose guild was too small to actively raid (mind these were 24 man raids .. dunno how big in this game yet)

Something to think about.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - K'dath - 09-28-2013

(09-28-2013, 09:01 AM)Bhara Wrote: I haven't gotten past 30 yet so I do not know how I will turn out. I have never really fit into a hardcore raiding guild anyhow. I don't like to be told how my game time will be structured because I am here to rp and take my time.

With end-game raiding you're not going to be told how to spend your free time...

You'll be told when to show up, how long to be there, what class/job you better be, what gear you should be wearing, how your attribute points should be spread, what materia you should have, what really expensive items you need to get for yourself because the guild can't afford to foot the cost of your potions, and then MAYBE they'll have an open spot for you.

I did this nonsense for 6 years. As a healer.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - ArmachiA - 09-28-2013

I can always tell who has endgame experience in the guild because the FIRST thing they always ask is "WHAT JOB DO YOU NEED ME TO BE?" and we have a very strict "play whatever you want we'll make it work" policy and some people do not get that, haha.

It's really funny/sad how some endgame guilds have browbeaten people.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Suisei'to - 09-28-2013

I'll echo what others have already said: Join Balmung's Finest and advertise yourself. 

Outside of that, FFXIV is heavily community based. It's possible to do the duty finder like a WoW group finder, but it's not as effective given the difficulty curve. This game thrives when you're part of strong LS and FC communities. Develop relationships put yourself out there for people and people will put themselves out there for you. There are some great FCs out there that server to unify their RP and OOC groups into a cohesive unit.

RE: Thats it i have had enough - Lost River - 09-28-2013

It's why I rarely raid due to the stupidity in how raiding has become. Taking it so serious as if it's 'srsbizness' please, I work on the weekends and I have classes Tuesday - Thursday. So, yeah, I rarely have free time to do raiding reqs. Especially with that attitude.

PUG raiding, that's an insanity in itself, but I find it more pleasing with the unknown variables. I can't raid the same content day after day after day unless I am trying my damnest to get all the gear or such. That'd be the only reason, but I just can't fall into the max level must get best gear mindset. I never have been able to, even ever since the hay days of say EverQuest.