Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for lasting rp connections. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking for lasting rp connections. (/showthread.php?tid=5482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Naunet - 11-14-2013

(11-14-2013, 12:04 PM)Gray Wrote: I'm not so much looking to be brought into others plots, as looking to just be able to develop my character, and help others develop theirs, be that through chit chat, or through super intense story arcs.  Basically, I'm open to a lot.

That's cool and all, but I've found it's extremely hard to develop characters' stories and plots without some OOC communication, which is why I asked for specifics regarding your character. xD

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-14-2013

Naunet, Sorry I misunderstood.  I thought you were asking what sort of plot I like, not about my character.  If it's character specifics you're asking about, well hmm...  I'm keeping background details to a minimal because...he's icly a class that isn't implemented yet, and there's no lore.  And since I haven't done any development yet, he's kind of a blank slate, as he has yet to have a chance to be influenced by many people through rp, but...he's not the most social, though he's not specifically unpleasant.  He's strongly goal driven, and has a bit of an insecurity issue.  I guess he's best described as an antihero, or something of the like.  I don't do massive backgrounds anymore because I've found it's too easy for the character to break from that dependin gon rp.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Aysun - 11-14-2013

I have corrupted enough blank-slate characters in my time.. XD

You're not alone in seeking long lasting connections. XIV is like any other RP medium: people leave, people get bored, people move on. Aysun has friends who have long since disappeared with no IC reason, and dealing with that ICly is always a pain. You just kind of have to gloss it over.. and no one likes doing that.

While I'm not one for organizing meetings between characters, I prefer to let them just run into each other in some way, I wouldn't be opposed to meeting yours sometime and seeing if there's a connection to be had. Smile

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Flickering Ember - 11-15-2013

I am new to the game and am looking for some more RPers to roleplay with. Like you I see RP in MMOs as the number one important thing. I will always put RP first before any kind of gameplay. I know some will disagree but once you've played one MMO, you've pretty much played them all. RP, however, is always unique. Wink

My RP style probably fits better for sandbox MMOs but I've only ever played theme park MMOs, like this one. But I do sometimes like throwing game elements or OOC mechanics out the window if I think it will make for a better story. Imagination power!

I also can't guarantee that I'll be around the game forever, or even next year, but I am still looking for long term RP regardless under the idea that all good RP has to come to an end sometime. 

But if that sounds good to you...

My character is a female roegadyn who grew up alone in the wilderness of Thanalan. The only reason she ever survived for so long out there was because she had strangers who helped her out along the way, teaching her what they knew and handing her supplies when they could afford it. I am looking for anyone whose character could have been a part of that process, big or small.
Or I am looking for more recent stories based around traveling and exploration. Maybe we could even work in some IC leveling/questing into that picture.

I run on an est/9-5 job schedule, currently. (Up a little bit past my bed time. Eep)

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Erik Mynhier - 11-15-2013

I can rp hardcore, and my fl just keeps getting bigger. Come at me bro.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Caelia - 11-15-2013

If you need RP connections, feel free to send me a tell!  Look for Caelia Isularie.  As long as you can't see Cae's weapons, I'm RPing her at the moment.  I'm always down for RP.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Tiergan - 11-15-2013

I'm also up for forging some new RP connections.  One of the big FCs I started with in FFXIV sort of went sideways on me and fell apart.  Since then, I've made plenty of friends, but have a really hard time establishing some really meaningful character connections, which is a bummer.

Hit me up with a PM - we can brainstorm a bit and see if our characters mesh at all.  Both of my characters have wikis you can peek at in my signature if you want to learn a bit about them beforehand.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Lament - 11-15-2013

Awwwright, here goes nothing.

I run a LS called Wings which has an IC premise we seriously almost never use except where convenient. The LS itself is OOC, and a "looking for RP" type deal.

The LS has about 50 characters, though perhaps 15 are alts. A few are people who don't log in anymore. Some don't talk in it. Another handful are online rarely.

There are about 10-15 of us who are really active, and out of those, most are very active. Online every day, usually chatting/mingling, helping each other out with stuff, you name it.

We are always open to new people.

Those of us who are active are almost always willing to RP (running dungeons and the like aside). Most of us enjoy character-driven RP. Some of us have posted in this topic already!

I should note around 10 of us are currently involved in a little plot involving magical dreams, which are basically IC dungeon runs. You can meet people you don't know in these dreams, so it's been a good way to hook complete strangers together. We've been making good connections between the characters who are regulars in these dream runs this way. We do runs Sundays, and meet-ups where the characters talk about it Fridays. We also do other RP with the characters along the week.

If you'd like to run with us, just contact any of us in-game. Raeras and Caelia (who also posted here) are part of it. I can usually be found on Rhesh Awanah or Ethne Lancaster. Val and Faye may also be able to direct you to us.

We're running Qarn for this dream plot this Sunday, starting 7PM EST (we'll also have late runs for people who can't be online). You're sure to find me online on Rhesh Awanah then, if you'd like to try to slip into the plot.

On a more personal note, character connections are what I primarily look for in RP. They are specifically what keeps me interested! I get bored quickly without them. I'll be more than happy to throw my RP main at you, since she is outspoken and doesn't much mind characters who aren't too talkative (in the sense she'll talk to them anyway).

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-15-2013

Hey folks.  I'm still keeping up.  Just trying to figure how to handle all the interest that has popped up.  As always, thanks for the replies.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Roen - 11-15-2013

Gray, I think this thread just shows you there are a lot of people looking for IC connections!

Heck, I am going to seek some people out that have replied on your thread.  Big Grin

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-15-2013

Of course.  Everyone here is encouraged to also communicate.  Maybe we can end up getting a group or something to make communication easier for everyone involved.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Gray - 11-16-2013

I know I still haven't interacted with most that have posted interest here.  I wonder if any of you would be interested in forming a temporary linkshell for us to keep in contact?

I know most of us are in linkshells, but this would -not- be another looking for rp linkshell.  It would exist only for those of us here who fit the criteria of my posts to be able to keep in touch, until we get acquainted and have a healthy group.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Kheni'to - 11-17-2013

I would be willing to join.

However, I am a weekend warrior when it comes to work, so I probably wont be able to get on tonight or tomorrow. Monday is the soonest I will be on; as long as they don't have any more freaking maintenance!

Ill find you on eventually Gray. I will do a search every so often when I'm on.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Aldotsk - 11-17-2013

I had been looking for hardcore Role-Playing members to join my Free Company. Perhaps you could check it out at the Linkshell forum section? It's called Arcadeus.

RE: Looking for lasting rp connections. - Kira'sae - 11-17-2013

As an on-and-off lurker of these forms, somewhat inexperienced RPer, and the kind of shy type, your post pretty much hit me where I live Gray.  

Even though I've rarely found stable or inviting/accepting groups of people to RP with, I still can't help but feel something's missing in my game without some level of RP in it.  I kinda feel like I'm a super-light RPer that wants to be much more than that, but hasn't really found the "groove" to actually achieve it yet.  Tavern/bar RP has never really been my thing and, even in groups where I've had real life friends in them, I haven't had much luck finding a solid place.  Having that solid group of reliable people to do stuff with is one of those things that changes "playing a game for a couple months" to "playing a game for several years", for me anyway.  I'd love to try and RP more but being kind of shy, inexperienced, and just some bad/unlucky past stuff (usually being the odd man out of the group) tends to leave me scratching my head and going "Kaaay, not sure what to do now?"

I'd love to be able to actually make some lasting RP connections as well, and if you don't mind the inexperience I'd like to toss my name into the "hit me up for RP!" pile!  Usually I'm off running a muck on my own and not doing anything important (other than maybe dungeon grinding) and would gladly stop for some RP.  Kira'sae is more introspective, and might seem a little aloof or calculating, but there's a lot of humanity underneath it all (Or what ever applies to Miqo'te as humanity.  Cat-manity?  I'm being silly...I'll stop now...).  He's a (potentially?) odd combination of mercenary, healer, and scholar.  I've only RPed him once though, so I'm still kind of hammering out some stuff.  Would love to use him more and let him progress and evolve some.

Hm, I think I've rambled quite enough for a first post.  I'm a little locked up with work at the beginning of the week, but the rest of the week is more flexible.  Feel free to hit me up if you're still looking for people! <thumbs up!>