Hydaelyn Role-Players
High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" (/showthread.php?tid=5672)

Pages: 1 2

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - LiadansWhisper - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 05:40 PM)Jomoru Wrote: Now if you want to see something that makes no sense in lore multiple Dragoons.

Same for multiple White Mages.  I've heard the Black Mage questline is the same.

Kind of annoyed that's how they set the lore out, but it is what it is!

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - Cota Orben - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 06:02 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 09:41 AM)Kieron Lohengrin Wrote: Gerolt's dialogue seems fairly clear enough that the items he fixes up for adventurers are high-quality replicas, not the one-and-only original prototypes, so don't worry too much about that aspect. If anyone gives you crap for RPing your relic, that's what the blacklist function is for.

You earned it, you RP it however you see fit.

My interpretation of the story was much different. From what I saw, you are sent on a mission to get the actual relic from whateverplaceitwaslast, and then have it basically repaired/added to. You get a bow, for example, to be the 'base' for the original relic to be rebuilt upon. He's not forging replicas, he's reforging the relic itself using what you bring him.

It's interesting how different interpretations of the story come about! And there are so many of them. XD

This is where the Relic quests get so darned confusing. Because, while there is only one Thyrus, only one Curtana, and so forth... there are apparently multiple Stardust Rods. And, though I've been led to believe this isn't the case, I swear I read that the Omnilex was part of the standard Scholar uniform. Gae Bolg is a title for a lance, not one particular lance. 

But that's just roleplaying with very finite resources. Just because there's more than one Stardust Rod doesn't mean everyone can have one... and then when people start laying claim to them, bad things happen. Hence why I like the replica/ "Like X but not" theory, for sanity's sake.

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - LiadansWhisper - 12-02-2013

You know, Devin, I bet you could come up with an amazing story as to where that book came from.  It doesn't have to be the Omnilex, but that doesn't mean that the Omnilex is the only powerful book out there - or even the most powerful one.  Smile

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - Aysun - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 06:09 PM)Devin Farraday Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 06:02 PM)Aysun Wrote: My interpretation of the story was much different. From what I saw, you are sent on a mission to get the actual relic from whateverplaceitwaslast, and then have it basically repaired/added to. You get a bow, for example, to be the 'base' for the original relic to be rebuilt upon. He's not forging replicas, he's reforging the relic itself using what you bring him.

It's interesting how different interpretations of the story come about! And there are so many of them. XD

This is where the Relic quests get so darned confusing. Because, while there is only one Thyrus, only one Curtana, and so forth... there are apparently multiple Stardust Rods. And, though I've been led to believe this isn't the case, I swear I read that the Omnilex was part of the standard Scholar uniform. Gae Bolg is a title for a lance, not one particular lance. 

But that's just roleplaying with very finite resources. Just because there's more than one Stardust Rod doesn't mean everyone can have one... and then when people start laying claim to them, bad things happen. Hence why I like the replica/ "Like X but not" theory, for sanity's sake.
OHgod that is terrible confusing. xD I have only done the Thyrus and Artemis Bow so I had no idea!

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 06:24 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: You know, Devin, I bet you could come up with an amazing story as to where that book came from.  It doesn't have to be the Omnilex, but that doesn't mean that the Omnilex is the only powerful book out there - or even the most powerful one.  Smile

"The Omnilox?"

Or Nomnilex

RE: High End Scholar Tomes: "Like the Omnilex, But Not" - Jomoru - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 06:05 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 05:40 PM)Jomoru Wrote: Now if you want to see something that makes no sense in lore multiple Dragoons.

Same for multiple White Mages.  I've heard the Black Mage questline is the same.

Kind of annoyed that's how they set the lore out, but it is what it is!

The blackmage story has alot of lies in universe, while its not repeatable there's also not lore keeping people from going other ways there.. like say WHM does.