Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=6686)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-20-2014

She gives a small smile to the two welcoming Lalafells, they were the first to not only think they may have heard of S'alem, but also the first to offer her a spot to join them.

"Thank you." She says to Rurutani as she slides smoothly into one of the free seats pulling up one of her feet and tucking it underneath her getting comfortable. "I've been away from Thanalan for quite a while myself." She says to Rurutani once she was settled. "To many old memories, but I've come back because I'm hoping that maybe one of them has returned to life." She turns her golden eyes to Kage and gives him a nod. "Aye, dark black hair that shines almost purple under certain lights. Though I don't remember him being particularly short." She looks down at herself for a moment before looking back up with a small grin. "Though I'm not particularly tall myself."

She pauses a moment before continuing. "He fought with my tribe on the plains of Certeneau, before the calamity. He had great skill with a lance then." She says buffing out her chest a little, proud of her tribemate, before deflating and looking more saddened. "But if you say this friend of yours didn't have much skill with a lance until recently. Then it is probably not my S'alem."

((I looked at his lodestone too...but I can't remember if he changed his eyes... or if that's the one thing that's stayed...I swear he's changed his appearance a DOZEN or more times >.<))

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-20-2014

((I could be wrong cause ICly I think Salem told Kage he had no skill with lances and he only got it because of Cain. OR HE WAS AND CAIN'S JUST BETTER. MY MEMORY IS QUITE HORRIBLE))

Kage scratched his chin and frowned, really wishing he could help the Miqo'te. Lots of things were similar but for some minor details. "I have to admit, Salem's a bit... well he changes his appearances a bit."

He grabbed the ale, remembering how much he'd started to drink when his anxiety rose up over his friends.

"He said he was at a battle in Cartenau and it led to some... well some recent issues that further changed his appearance recently." Kage scratched the back of his head and said, "Salem told me after the battle in Cartenau he'd had memory issues. Conflicting ones even. I don't remember when he told me about his skill with a lance, perhaps it was when he had memory issues? 

"When everything was finally resolved, well, his appearance became different. He got bigger, voice changed, hair slicked back and... his tail is actually a little shorter now."

Kage chuckled a little, remembering the ribbing he gave Salem for it. And also the strange feeling it was, trying to get used to the minor differences in his friend.

"If it's the Salem I know... I haven't seen him in Ul'dah too recently, not as often as I'd used to. I think he's off doing work with the Immortal Flames? If not, you can usually find him having a nap sitting on the rail here in Quicksand."

(( You might be right. I'll have to ask for clarification. I was under the impression that the lancer side of him was his "past" self that he recently remembered. We'll just go with it either way XD))

She listens intently to Kage as he tells her about his friend, tilting her head to the side slightly in consideration. "It could be the same person. Either way, it's more of a lead then I've had in years." She smiles genuinely. "Thank you. I don't suppose you know of his whereabouts? Or at least as recently as you know. I'd like to continue my search for him."

"Thank you very much for your help." She says while leaning across the table extending her hand out to those sitting with her. "I'm S'indira."

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-20-2014

Kage looks to Rurutani, hoping he is not overwhelmed by the pretty much isolated conversation, before extending his own hand. "My name is Kage."

He frowns saying, "I think I've heard of him traveling through the Black Shroud but I'm not sure. He usually returns to the Quicksand. I see him once every 8 suns or so now."

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-20-2014

Rurutani watched the back and forth between S'indira and Kage intently, soaking up the dialogue and smiling as it had been so long since he had been part of any conversation like this. Just a normal sit down with regular people. Not trainees, not family....just people. And that made him happy. He looked at S'indira and sid "And my name is Rurutani. It's a pleasure meeting you, S'indira. I'm glad you were able to sit down to talk with us."

"I'm glad that you invited me to join you. It's been a while since I've had some downtime where I could just sit and relax." She sips the dark coffee that she'd ordered earlier.

"Do you both come here often?" She asks looking around the room after a moment. It seemed like most of the patrons seemed to know a majority of the other patrons. People were calling out names and waving to one another.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-21-2014

Kage nods and murmurs, "Pleasure." Taking a sip of his drink he grinned. "Outside of the fact that I'm currently renting a room at the inn, I come here at least twice a day if not more."

"Salem used to be here much more often. He's the one that got me to start sitting on the railing. But I see him every so suns now..."

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-21-2014

"While I've been here before, I've not really taken the time to sit and enjoy the place." Rurutani said before glancing around a bit.

"I'm home from a sojourn away for some time....trying to get reacclimated to Ul'dah and the folks here. Was actually looking for work, as lately I don't have any leading prospects." He paused, taking a sip of ale and closed his eyes for a second before continuing.

"I, too, came here looking for someone. Couldn't find him." He sighed and ground his teeth a bit at the last while looking down at his drink, clearly lost in his own thoughts.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-21-2014

She glances at Rurutani and pats his arm in a consoling manner. "It seems we have a lot in common. I too have been looking for my tribemates, not only S'alem, for the last five or six years. Thanalan was once my home until I abandoned my quest for any surviving tribe members," She glances away for a moment. "I just couldn't take the failure anymore." She smiles warmly at Rurutani. "But there is always hope, even all seems lost."

She turns her gaze to Kage. "You rent a room here? That must get expensive! I'm not sure I could live in the city for long. It would start to feel too much like a cage." She shivers at the thought.

Kage glances at the silent Roegadyn, wondering if perhaps she wanted the solitude before turning to the others. He bit his lip and didn't want to delve too much into the sorrows they were facing.

"What kind of skills do you have for work? Any special weapons?"

Kage nods, "I have... some money from odd jobs here and there. It's not a steady income currently but I hope to have one very soon." He grins, thinking of the recent events in his life and continues, "I've always found the people a joy. Sometimes too rowdy but most times it keeps me from feeling lost and lonely..."

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-21-2014

"I have skills with a bow, and I am a trader by heritage. But I can be trained."

Rurutani glanced hopefully at Kage, thinking maybe this fellow Lalafell might have a lead on some meaningful work.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-21-2014

"To each there own I guess." She replies to Kage's enjoyment of the city. "Give me a bed of stars any night."

She glances over at the innkeeper where she'd left her lance. "I tend to favor the use of the spear myself. Though I understand the desire for a steady income, but it's hard to come by if you're one prone to wandering."

Kage wishes he had an answer for Rurutani. He after all didn't have quite so steady income but his odd work here and there along with the money he had from his family... it made living like this something he was able to do because he already had income to take from.

"Well, perhaps you can join the Immortal Flames? Or one of the other city-states' Grand Companies?"

Kage didn't know if Rurutani would ever even be interested in joining the law-folk of Ul'dah. Maybe?