Hydaelyn Role-Players
Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn (/showthread.php?tid=6720)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - synaesthetic - 03-23-2014

Due to the nature of Aeriyn's personal story, much of her roleplay revolves around Limsa Lominsa. The presence of the Arcanist's Guild plays a big part in this, and she is also an agent of the Maelstrom.

Aeri lives in Limsa, even though she was "born" in Ul'dah (her oldest memory is of Thanalan, though she was likely actually born in the Shroud as she is a Keeper of the Moon). She is a researcher of magic, an aetherial scholar who seeks to bridge the gaps between the three basic and widely-practiced methods of aetherial manipulation: thaumaturgy, conjury and arcanima, as well as seeking to understand older traditions and methodologies such as black magic and succor.

Her "day job" is that of an agent of the Maelstrom; she does scouting, recon, investigations of unusual magical phenomenon, which have become increasingly common since the Calamity. She has some knowledge of Garlean magitech but the meat of her studies tends to lean toward the devices and technologies of ancient Allag.

I'm absolutely wide open for unconnected "day in the life" RP with Aeriyn, as well as anyone who might be interested in involving themselves in Aeriyn's current plotline:

The Maelstrom assigned Aeriyn to investigate the abandoned temple of Oschon in La Noscea for reports of Imperial activity. She found them, but also found something else--a Nymian fairy that had been imprisoned within a shard of condensed corrupted aether. Aeriyn released her from the crystal, only to discover that the fairy, Rinah, had been severed from the astral flow and would soon face oblivion without Aeri's help.

Her search for a way to save Rinah led Aeri to the Burning Wall, a massive coalescence of corrupted aether in Eastern Thanalan. She took samples and conducted experiments; her research and queries with Mealvaan's Gate led her to believe that it could be possible to reconnect Rinah with the astral flow and that the knowledge she needed was lost somewhere within the fallen kingdom of Amdapor. Aeri has traveled to Gridania in order further her research.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Azureus Scipio - 03-23-2014

I Love Limsa Lominsa!  Character name is Robyn Fairfax

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - John Spiegel - 03-23-2014

I'm doing my part as the cloaked wanderer. Just eavesdropping so far. Left Limsa, heading south toward's the Drydocks. I hate how the island is usually barren aside from the hot springs. -_-;

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Candor - 03-23-2014

Project Update

Phase 1 - The Limsa Lominsa Presence In Progress
I'll be making a special effort to spend my RP time in Limsa Lominsa. Any other players interested in Limsa based RP should feel free to send me a friend invite or Tell requesting such.

Phase 2 - The Limsa Lominsa RP LS In Progress
I'm now in the process of issuing invitations to the large number of players expressing interest. Please bear with me, as it may take me some time to get to you. If I take overly long, send me a friendly reminder.

Also, since many have asked, this will be an IC LS, but for now players should feel free to use it for OOC purposes. I'll cover the IC distribution of the LS after I have covered a bulk of the invitations.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Candor - 03-23-2014

Project Update

The IC justification for the ownership of the new Lominsan Society LS can be found here. The LS may now be treated as IC.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Goodfellow - 03-23-2014

I've been following this thread on my phone and only just got home with the opportunity to post.  I would love for Lolo to be a part of this.

An invitation for Lolotaru Lalataru would be much appreciated.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - cuideag - 03-23-2014

Mmm, might have to poke one of yall about this. Jajara still does some business out of Limsa Lominsa and I'd love to run in to some RP out thataways again. :D

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Xha'li Moui - 03-24-2014

My guy is back living in LL, and I'm pretty sure most of the FC lives in/around there as well ICly so now that more plot is happening we're probably start cropping up more.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Zhavi - 03-24-2014

Out of curiosity, I don't suppose any of this burgeoning rp in Limsa might spill over into the forum here?  I'd love love love to participate but I'm just getting into the swing of things and I don't think I'd be much use in-game (be starting from a level 1, haha).

But I am a very experienced forum rper and I could definitely participate in forum rp!! Big Grin

I was thinking Zhavi will likely be a streetrat of sorts, a grunt or some shifty scrag who keeps t'backroom dealin's, iff'n y'get me drift. I always liked criminal/poorfolk rp. But um, yeah, if that's not where you want the focus to go I totally understand!

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Candor - 03-24-2014

Project Update

Last night we enjoyed our first night with the new Limsa Lominsa LS and saw nearly forty characters join within the first few hours. That's a very encouraging start. For now, I intend to focus on the advertisement of the LS and gaining more members, as it's the cornerstone of luring players back to RPing in Limsa Lominsa.

In addition, I've registered the linkpearl on the RPC LS Directory, hopefully giving it more public accessibility. Please keep in mind that I encourage you all to continue RPing in Limsa, as this is going to be a gradual process that will only succeed if we tough it out even when it looks like progress is slow. And also please share the news of revitalizing Limsa with your RP friends, FCs, and other LSs.

(03-24-2014, 02:04 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Out of curiosity, I don't suppose any of this burgeoning rp in Limsa might spill over into the forum here?  I'd love love love to participate...

But I am a very experienced forum rper and I could definitely participate in forum rp!!

This is a great idea, Zhavi, and one that I hadn't considered. I personally under-utilize forum RP, but I know that others enjoy it a great deal. After I look over the RPC's forum format, and see just how play-by-post RP works here, I'll set up something for you and other players wishing to join you.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Zhavi - 03-24-2014

(03-24-2014, 02:51 PM)Gyr Wrote: This is a great idea, Zhavi, and one that I hadn't considered. I personally under-utilize forum RP, but I know that others enjoy it a great deal. After I look over the RPC's forum format, and see just how play-by-post RP works here, I'll set up something for you and other players wishing to join you.

You are amazing, thank you so so much! <3 Hopefully once I've gotten into the swing of things I'll be able to help out, too. Smile

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Missing Aria - 03-24-2014

I am very interested in this.  I'm making an effort to get back into MMO rp and just recently joined ARR since it (by far) seems to have the best rp community currently.  I love Gridania but Limsa Lominsa has truly taken my breath away.  Out of the three it certainly immerses you the most. 

My character is Marina Grey (Actually Marina the Grey for obvious reasons when you meet her).  Her story is a little strange so I'll leave that for rp discovery.  Either way I would love to be a part of the linkshell.  I'm not in a FC currently though I have been looking around.  If nothing changes in that department then I'd be happy to help with the starting up of a FC.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Candor - 03-25-2014

Project Update

Phase 2 - The Limsa Lominsan RP LS In Progress
Nearly fifty players have subscribed to the Lominsan Society LS, and I still have requests that haven't been issued. I'm glad to see that all it took was someone rallying the cause for so many players to throw in their support. Just a friendly reminder, though, membership in this LS implies that you'll make a special effort to RP in Limsa, even if it seems slow.

@ Avalt Laguz
Celestaux Pierriquet
Derrick Shark
Jajara Jara
L'yhta Mahre
M'raj Mercenary
Saehri Baasja
Steel Wolf
Xha'li Moui
Yvelont Navarre
Zhavi

I've been unable to locate you via Player Search. I'll still occasionally search, but I must ask that you please take it upon yourself to seek out one of the LS leaders and ask for an invitation.

These leaders are:
Sion Gyr
Arielle Beaudonet
Aysun Demiir
Elisea Renyven
Faye Covington
Nadeau Celeste
Xenedra Ambreaus

Phase 3 - The Limsa Lominsan Directory In Progress
I've gone ahead and started Phase 3 and posted a brief introduction and template here. All players interested in supporting this project are encouraged to post in order to facilitate more RP awareness for Limsa Lominsa based characters. I purposefully kept the template simple, but with enough key information that any curious RPer can generate hooks to engage with other characters.

Regarding progress into Phase 4 - I'm going to wait a few days to allow the LS to continue growing and for players to grow more comfortable with the free form community RP it promotes. With a bit more awareness for this project, FC leaders will be more agreeable to assisting. But so far, this has turned out better than I expected, and I want to thank everyone for their support.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Candor - 03-29-2014

Project Update

Phase 1 - The Limsa Lominsa Presence Complete
I have effectively moved my own RP focus to Limsa Lominsa, complete with full justification of why Gyr would now live and work in La Noscea. Since doing so I have noticed an increase of characters RPing in Limsa Lominsa, and I'm glad. Whether it was this project, or already present RP that I hadn't noticed, it's good to see Limsa finally getting some of the love it deserves.

The Lominsan Society linkshell is going very strong, with now over 50 members. I'll continue to watch for people who would like to be included, and I encourage every single member of this LS to generate RP as they see fit. Keep in mind that there's no IC leader and that every member is equally responsible for making sure this doesn't stagnate. It's an LS encompassing all of Limsa Lominsa's citizenry, and meant to facilitate relations between everyone. So have some fun with it.

Phase 3 - The Limsa Lominsa Directory In Progress
So far the Limsa Lominsa Character Directory could see a better turn out. I know that it may seem discouraging to be asked to post something that isn't born of your own motivation, but this project will only succeed if players make that special effort to flex beyond themselves. I intentionally made the directory template simple and brief, so no one should feel overburdened by posting. Please, if you play a character somehow involved with Limsa Lominsa, take the time to make a post and remind your friends to do so as well.

Phase 4 - Limsa Lominsan FC Events In Progress
I've started this phase this morning. It turns out that Balmung has a decent handful of FCs based in Limsa Lominsa/La Noscea, and I've reached out to each of these FCs' officers, explaining this project and asking that they lend their support by advertising and hosting public events in Limsa Lominsa sometime in the near future.

Obviously I cannot predict how this will go, but with some luck and good will, we might see a nice series of events sometime soon. If you happen to know any of the leaders of these Limsa Lominsan FCs, please feel free to encourage them to pitch in.

Additionally I'll keep an eye on the upcoming events posted, and speak with the leaders of each. Perhaps certain non-plot related events like date auctions could be relocated to Limsa Lominsa. No way to know without asking. So we'll see how this goes.

Phase 5 - The Limsa Lominsa Skype Chat (Optional)
And so we come to the first optional phase, meaning that my work is nearly done. Phase 5 is something that the players, not I, need to decide. Would it be beneficial to create an OOC Skype channel for Limsa Lominsa players? And would people be interested in joining such a chat?

These are questions that only you all can answer, so I'll handle it in the following manner. If you believe this is something that should be done, simply send me a PM with your Sype ID. I'll not disclose the ID to anyone else. If I receive enough such messages, I'll create the channel. If not, then I won't. It's as simple as that.

Like this project as a whole, each phase can only succeed if each player reading this thread makes an effort to step forward. Please keep that in mind.

RE: Limsa Lominsa: A City Reborn - Zhavi - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 01:59 PM)Gyr Wrote: Project Update

Phase 3 - The Limsa Lominsa Directory In Progress
So far the Limsa Lominsa Character Directory could see a better turn out. I know that it may seem discouraging to be asked to post something that isn't born of your own motivation, but this project will only succeed if players make that special effort to flex beyond themselves. I intentionally made the directory template simple and brief, so no one should feel overburdened by posting. Please, if you play a character somehow involved with Limsa Lominsa, take the time to make a post and remind your friends to do so as well.

To lend my two bits to this segment, I've already contacted two people in that directory for rp, and am now working out plot stuff with them in pms before moving ahead into forum rp. It is suuuuper useful, and I for one check it every time someone else posts in it! (plus it's a lot more convenient than trawling the wiki for potential rp)