Hydaelyn Role-Players
Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=6892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - A'rytiss Edar - 04-13-2014

I'll offer A'rytiss Edar up for either side. He'll heal people in the background, so if Spies need a healer - they can easily lure/trick him to heal people. He's very gullible. :> 

He'd likewise be able to easily be on the 'hero' side, so either way you need people for. Just put me as a float and we'll RP it later. :3

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-17-2014

Getting a good group going here, and finally another spy!  Not so one sided now!  Lol.  Want to thank everyone for the interest in this so far and am really looking forward to this.  Note, if you are unable to meet Erik or Askier prior to the date and still want to participate, you are still more than welcome to join in.  We'll just say you're a last minute recruit or an agent sent to help out by higher orders.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Mustard Dragon - 04-18-2014

This sounds like it be a perfect scenario for Torken. I'd like to participate as an infamous Garlean spy.

My only concern is I have to work Wednesday nights at 10pm PST. So if you start at 6pm PST (8pm CST?) and end around 8pm PST (10 CST?) then this will work well for me. Just let me know either way. Thanks!

Torken Queb Cool

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-19-2014

(04-18-2014, 12:11 AM)Mustard Dragon Wrote: This sounds like it be a perfect scenario for Torken. I'd like to participate as an infamous Garlean spy.

My only concern is I have to work Wednesday nights at 10pm PST. So if you start at 6pm PST (8pm CST?) and end around 8pm PST (10 CST?) then this will work well for me. Just let me know either way. Thanks!

Torken Queb Cool

We should be done by 8 your time.  Good to have you along! =D

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 04-19-2014

Heads up: I have a commute to/from work, I don't get home 'til 7 PM PST/PDT.

Weeknights suck for me, but whatever, I'll make it work. >_<

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-21-2014

- 4/20/14 - Episode 2 will begin at 8pm CDT March 23rd.  The spies will meet directly inside the city of Vesper Bay while the heroes will congregate outside and move in when they are ready to confront our spies with a letter Erik Mynheir has received, which will be posted on Wednesday for all to see, that implicates the spies. I hope everyone has a good time and am looking forward so seeing everyone!

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-23-2014

4/23/14 - Alright all, tonight is Episode 2.  We will be starting at 8pm CDT.  The heroes will meet outside of the gate to Vesper bay.  Erik may not be able to join us tonight due to RL obligations, so if he is not on, look for Kahn'a Od'hilkas by the gate.  If Erik does not get on, Kahn'a will be helping orchestrate the hero side since Kahn'a is in service to Erik IC.  Spies will meet Askier inside the town and will be milling around until the heroes enter dramatically and we will run with it from there.  I hope this is an enjoyable event tonight and sets us up for more fun next week. 

The letter Erik intercepted that is proof against Askier is as follows:

Askier,

You have done well thus far and you prior report was encouraging, though this will be our final directive.  You are to proceed to Vesper Bay and recover the package Rynsur leaves there and then decode the riddle detailing the arrival locations of the final three parts for the device and use them to complete Ul’dah’s destruction.  There will be no acceptance of failure.  Either you complete your assignment and return a hero or your life, and that of your sister, is forfeit.  We will have eyes watching you.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-24-2014

4/23/14 - The event this evening was a success.  First off, I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Erik, who was unable to attend due to a death in the family.  All our best to you.

Secondly, in Erik's absence, a thank you is in order for Kahn'a Od'hilkas for stepping in and leading the heroes at the last minute and doing an excellent job considering how little time he had to prepare and how much info I threw his way. 

Third, combat seemed to flow smoothly and I want to thank Jana for the wonderful advice about Rolz.org

So what happened?

Well, in summary, Askier's package arrived ahead of schedule and was hidden without Askier's knowledge, wasting valuable time.  Only moments before our heroes entered Vesper Bay, Askier received a linkshell message from his agent telling him the package was already there.  Without the package in hand, Askier had to suddenly face down the heroes as they present him with a damning document. 

At first our villain tried to deny the heroes' claims, but constant, and rather clever verbal assaults by the heroes stressed him and he made a break for the package, his allies holding back the  heroes long enough for Askier to retrieve the package and decode the riddles.  Unfortunately, his almost clean escape was stopped and he was badly injured.  He was saved at the last moment when his chocobo rushed in and dragged him to safety.  Askier now hides, nursing his injuries and wounded pride as the heroes must now uncover the secrets of the new message Askier dropped after the got the snot kicked out of him (Seriously, he took an arrow through the foot and a book to the eyeball.  Does that sound like a good time? lol)

The heroes, meanwhile have sworn to stop Askier and are working to decipher the riddles.

So where are the riddles?

HERE IS THE DOCUMENT ASKIER DROPPED

Askier,

I'm bring in the shipments one week from today, same time.  I'm bring one, two of my agents are brining in the others.  As normal, the riddles hold the key in case this letter is intercepted.  Ha, like that will happen.  Anyway, I'll see you next week hopefully.

-Rynsur

Part 1

On the coast near the sea,
There are buildings tall and free,
Standing wooden in the sun,
By the ferry, boxed for fun.

Part 2

Close at hand shall this one be,
In a box, on the dock, by the sea
On a mound of silver does it stand,
The shouting place loud with demand.

Part 3

Not by sea, but in the earth it lies,
Dug, not shipped, for death to provide,
All round, no one stood,
Dry ground is no good.

So what now?  Now the heroes have a week to crack the code and prepare for Episode 3, the rules of which will be forthcoming.

I want to thank everyon who participated tonight.  I felt it went well and was a ton of fun.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Jana - 04-24-2014

Not too shabby for someone who hasn't managed to show up yet.

While I was kept offline by unforeseen circumstances last night, I can usually make it online at that time on Wednesdays. My character hasn't been introduced but hopefully there will still be time for it before next week.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 04-28-2014

Them riddles. Mykaul and I were up late last night going over them in-game with Kahn'a.

There's a special level of hell reserved for child molesters, people who talk in movie theaters, and people who think themselves clever. You're going to the special hell, Askier.

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-28-2014

I really should stop talking in movies. . .

My sentence in hell aside though  , You all feel like they're fair?   Was a little worried I might have made them too vague. Just wanted to make you heroes all work for that possible early win.  Lol :p

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Kahn'a - 04-28-2014

Some of them are just vague enough to let multiple strong possibilities, but I feel with correct analysis, they point to the right direction. What Osric is trying to say is, with a sleepy head, it's a lot harder to find that right direction. q:

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Melkire - 04-28-2014

Kahn'a is far wiser and far more diplomatic than I.

I must have ran past the box mentioned in Riddle #2 at least half a dozen times before it registered on my addled, sleep-deprived brain. I brought that on myself. ;_;

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - Askier - 04-29-2014

Episode 3

Episode 3 will takeplace tomorrow, May 1[sup]st[/sup], at 8 pm CDT.

The spies will meetat the Coffer and Coffin by 8.  Theheroes will meet in Ul’dah (location incoming). 
Askier will send the spies to the three locations to retrieve theparts.  Once the spies are at all three,  I will send a tell to the heroes telling themto go.  The heroes will then have tenreal world minutes to get their characters to where they believe the parts to be.

If the heroes arriveat the correct locations in time, the spies have a choice, they can either fight the heroes for the items, where the winners walk away with the item, or the agents can drop the items and simply run, allowing the heroes to retrieve it.

If the heroes do notarrive in time, the spies at the location leave with the item and take it back to Ul’dah before going to help their fellow agents who might be in combat.

Remember, this evenis dynamic and will change the flow of the entire event.  If the heroes obtain 2 items, next week’sevent will involve the spies trying to evade the heroes and head north. 

If the spies possess2 items, next week’s event will involve the heroes trying to stop the bomb and find it.

Combat will be thestandard rules and I will have a dice roll room on rolz.org again called “Sage of the Winds” for everyone tojoin.  If you have any trouble joiningit, just grab a normal dice and start rolling. Lol.

Hope everyone isexcited. I have had a ton of fun rping all the special events over the past week and am eager to see everyone again tomorrow!

RE: Saga of the Wind Swept Sands - Episidoc Garlean Spy RP event (Balmung) - TheBlob - 04-29-2014

Daphine is certainly available for some on call patching up, but she's preoccupied at the moment in La Noscea. [ Plus I think she'd like to keep her tomes far from a stumbled upon round of "Which is mighter the fist or the spine (of a book)?" :-) ]

Good luck, bandaids and bubbly stuff are on the ready!