Hydaelyn Role-Players
new information revealed on reddit - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: new information revealed on reddit (/showthread.php?tid=7018)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Clover - 04-27-2014

(04-27-2014, 01:09 PM)Xieveral Wrote: There's a bit after the mention of Yugiri where they're discussing the idea of an emote where a player could carry another player. I hope they 're able to make it work (and don't do what Perfect World did where men can only carry women, couldn't carry other men and women couldn't carry anything period...)

Having emotes where our characters physically interact with each other would be amazing, but I'm more thrilled about the OOC fun that can come from this. I look forward to the day I can run around town with a friend on my on my shoulders yelling "MECHA SHIVA! MECHA SHIVA!"

I'd been wondering if FFXIV would ever get that kind of emotes, such as carrying someone, hugging someone, taking someone's hand, or even sharing a mount. I guessed it wasn't possible due to the different races and heights, so I'm surprised (and very excited) to know that they're actually considering it!

I believe it has to be limited, though. I doubt lalafells can carry anyone, even less a Roe.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kailia - 04-27-2014

(04-27-2014, 02:16 PM)Clover Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 01:09 PM)Xieveral Wrote: There's a bit after the mention of Yugiri where they're discussing the idea of an emote where a player could carry another player. I hope they 're able to make it work (and don't do what Perfect World did where men can only carry women, couldn't carry other men and women couldn't carry anything period...)

Having emotes where our characters physically interact with each other would be amazing, but I'm more thrilled about the OOC fun that can come from this. I look forward to the day I can run around town with a friend on my on my shoulders yelling "MECHA SHIVA! MECHA SHIVA!"

I'd been wondering if FFXIV would ever get that kind of emotes, such as carrying someone, hugging someone, taking someone's hand, or even sharing a mount. I guessed it wasn't possible due to the different races and heights, so I'm surprised (and very excited) to know that they're actually considering it!

I believe it has to be limited, though. I doubt lalafells can carry anyone, even less a Roe.

I just imagined a lalafell carrying a giant roe on his shoulders and now I can't stop laughing XD

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Mae - 04-27-2014

(04-26-2014, 03:46 PM)K'ailia Wrote:
Quote:Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.

I never played FF11, but I do hope we can let guests into our personal rooms. And I hope the rooms are at least the size of a small house's main floor or even the size of a small house's basement. Watching a video talking about this stuff on youtube, the guy mentioned that personal rooms would come before personal housing, so most likely personal rooms in 2.3, personal housing after, maybe 2.4 or 2.5. As long as we can let guests into our rooms, I will be happy.
Mog houses in XI are at least as big as the small FC houses... I personally, though, want to say they're bigger. Or at least my mog house feels bigger than most small FC houses I've peeked into. And having people visit mog houses eventually came... I think with Wings of the Goddess? I just remember the ability wasn't there when I took a hiatus from the game towards the end of Treasures, and when I came back for a bit sometime after Wings launched it was an available feature.
(Just went and took these screenies, for anyone who's never seen an XI mog house. Bastokian house that I managed to fit a bedroom, kitchen, living/sitting room, and study area into. Floor-space wise, I could fit more into the room, but... XI being an old game, furniture stays in your house's inventory my setup takes up 70 of my house's 80 inventory slots. My couch alone takes up five inventory slots.)

Quote:
Quote:There's a bit after the mention of Yugiri where they're discussing the idea of an emote where a player could carry another player. I hope they 're able to make it work (and don't do what Perfect World did where men can only carry women, couldn't carry other men and women couldn't carry anything period...)

... Just for the hilarity of it, I would not complain if the system allowed for a Lala to carry a Roe. I can imagine them doing it like some little super-hero with an one-arm lift.

Limiting, though, would  probably go something along these lines: Roe can lift anyone, Elezen can only lift themselves, Midlanders, Miqo'te, and Lalafell, Highlanders can only lift themselves, Midlanders, Miqo'te, and Lalafell, Midlanders can only lift themselves, Miqo'te and Lalafell, Miqo'te can only lift themselves and Lalafell, and Lalafell can only lift other Lalafell.

I hope they do give a /changepose option for how you're carried. Like... piggyback, bridal/fireman carry, and "sack of potatoes".

Or give us an option for a Cu Chulainn-type mount that we can customize.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Yahdo - 04-29-2014

My two cents on the gun class would probably be a gun-sword wielding class. I mean, the gun-sword is already a part of the world of Hydaelyn, only under gridanian rule though. I was thinking that maybe a scientist or weaponsmith or anything of the like defects to Eorzea and shares his knowledge of the weapons and teaching other smiths to make them. It's a longshot but it would be kind of cool.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kage - 04-29-2014

I didn't want my ugly mug back on the front page  *whistle*

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2466y3/niconico_event_day_2_summary_of_new_information/

Quote:•Patch 2.28 to be released in May.
•Additional housing areas to be added in 2.3.
•There has been many requests for increasing the number of furniture that can be placed within housing. However, due to server stress, this will not be possible for now.
•Personal rooms within FC housing will be slightly larger in size compared to the inn rooms found in the 3 cities. Other players may enter your room (permission may be turned on/off). Not yet determined whether to allow people to go straight to their room from outside (front door).
•Personal housing will require a lv50 character and achieving a certain rank within a Grand Company. Will be implemented once personal rooms are ready or slightly after. May possibly be delayed until 2.35.
•Other PvP related adjustments will also be made in 2.28 and 2.3. All PvP skills will be unlocked from the start and will become reset-able freely (to encourage more participation). No words yet as to what will happen to the existing skill reset items.
•New PvP mode Frontlines will be implemented in 2.3. Will be more friendly to newcomers due to the larger participant count. Will not necessarily be 8vs8vs8 (but still 3 teams). Designed to be 24+ man content.
•Limit Break appearance will be changed to match the user's job (effect will remain same?) (no words yet on when this will be. Assume still in planning stage)
•Number of Allagan Tomestone of Mythology that can be obtained from contents will be increased in 2.28 and/or 2.3.
•Next chapter of Crystal Tower coming with 2.3. Will have many contents that should make old school FF fans happy.
•Chocobo related new contents coming in 2.3 or 2.35 (Ability to craft chocobo food that can be fed to your chocobo that will allow it to reach even higher buddy ranks(?). May also allow chocobo training at stables. Possibly allow dyeing your chocobo).
•In the process of testing 2-person mounts.
•New contents that can be done with less than 4 people will be introduced.
•Finalizing designs on marriage system (not coming in 2.3) (get married at the big church in east shroud). Wedding dress for brides will have semi transparent parts and flowing movement. should look great.
•Wedding rings will be created for married couples. Discarding the rings will "divorce" them (lol).
•Work on Dx11 version to continue after the world media tour. Aim to release before year end.
•Big plans for beast tribe contents related to Goblins. Still pretty far off for now.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Rinh Hallani - 04-29-2014

(04-29-2014, 11:42 AM)ExKage Wrote: •Personal rooms within FC housing will be slightly larger in size compared to the inn rooms found in the 3 cities. Other players may enter your room (permission may be turned on/off). Not yet determined whether to allow people to go straight to their room from outside (front door).
•Limit Break appearance will be changed to match the user's job (effect will remain same?) (no words yet on when this will be. Assume still in planning stage)

Both of those are great news!

RE: new information revealed on reddit - TheLastCandle - 04-29-2014

(04-29-2014, 11:34 AM)Yahdo Wrote: My two cents on the gun class would probably be a gun-sword wielding class. I mean, the gun-sword is already a part of the world of Hydaelyn, only under gridanian rule though. I was thinking that maybe a scientist or weaponsmith or anything of the like defects to Eorzea and shares his knowledge of the weapons and teaching other smiths to make them. It's a longshot but it would be kind of cool.

Guns are already a part of the world, too, though. But I'd love to see gunblades and more magitek stuff in general, even if I don't see my character overcoming his old-fashioned ways and actually using it. xD

RE: new information revealed on reddit - synaesthetic - 04-30-2014

If they insist on continuing with heterosexual-only marriages... c'mon Square, you really don't want to go there. You don't realize just how much that'll cost you.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Clover - 04-30-2014

2-person mounts!! Dx11!!
Can this game get more perfect? fgfdgdghfhgf

Every news I read gives me a lot of hype. I just hope I'll be prepared for house system, since I really want to live in this game forever.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kage - 04-30-2014

I'm really hoping that Lalafell can get carried. I want to ride peoples' shoulders or get carried away.

... as long as there is mutual agreement.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Melkire - 04-30-2014

(04-30-2014, 03:12 PM)ExKage Wrote: I'm really hoping that Lalafell can get carried. I want to ride peoples' shoulders or get carried away.

... as long as there is mutual agreement.

Will gladly lift Lalas so they can ring those pesky retainer bells.

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Lightningtear - 04-30-2014

So the carrying emote... 

Ever had the moment where a friend dies and you need to find a healer in the area. You maybe get lucky and find someone who actually answers, but they have trouble finding you or are a little busy at the moment. 

I'd love to be able to pick up(or imagine anyone other than Rogs dragging Rogs) my ally and carry their doll like form so that it's easier to save them. 

Or you know... throw them over a cliff...

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Dogberry - 04-30-2014

I want to pick up a lalafell and love him and hug him and call him George. Oh no, this one stopped moving again... I'm sad now. Can someone tell me about the rabbits again?

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Kage - 04-30-2014

(04-30-2014, 03:37 PM)Dogberry Wrote: I want to pick up a lalafell and love him and hug him and call him George. Oh no, this one stopped moving again... I'm sad now. Can someone tell me about the rabbits again?

Oh, stop, your name isn't Lennie. Sad

(04-30-2014, 03:29 PM)Lightningtear Wrote: So the carrying emote...

Ever had the moment where a friend dies and you need to find a healer in the area. You maybe get lucky and find someone who actually answers, but they have trouble finding you or are a little busy at the moment.

I'd love to be able to pick up(or imagine anyone other than Rogs dragging Rogs) my ally and carry their doll like form so that it's easier to save them.

Or you know... throw them over a cliff...
My life RP-mechanics wise would have been much easier last night if people who were kidnapping Kage or carrying Kage could actually carry him >_>; OH THE KIDNAPPER IS SPRINTING AND RUNNING. /follow ain't cut out for this

RE: new information revealed on reddit - Antain - 04-30-2014

(04-27-2014, 02:58 PM)Mae Wrote: I hope they do give a /changepose option for how you're carried. Like... piggyback, bridal/fireman carry, and "sack of potatoes".

Especially "sack of potatoes" as you so eloquently put it! My RP partner and I would have fun with that one.