Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for a cottage >_<! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Looking for a cottage >_<! (/showthread.php?tid=7618)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Hiro - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 12:07 PM)Blue Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 12:01 PM)Hiro Wrote: As far as making Gil goes... as Warren said, Tank Privilege FTW; Guildhests and quick CT pops were how I made most of my money alongside Alchemy and gaming the Market Boards. 
Hmmm, I just gave a try do duty-roulette as tank, and got around 7K for a 40mins work. Am I doing it wrong or is this the amount/hour I should aim for? I don't think I enjoy tanking enough to do this for hours everyday Dazed...

Grinding queues implies earning gil from:

Rewards, Daily Bonus Rewards, Drops, Soul Binding Equipment for Materia, Acquiring Myth to exchange for High-Value Goods.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Blue - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 12:49 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
Show Content

Yes, unfortunately there is a large amount of people out there who did the same thing, which is why SE should've released individual housing before group housing.

Hopefully once individual housing comes out, those people will move out of the FC wards, and give smaller, slower free companies a bit of a chance >_<;

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Lightningtear - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 12:49 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 12:31 PM)Lightningtear Wrote: So... now I need to be MORE social and join an FC to get access to ways to make this game more fun. I know this is an MMO and I love RPing but some of us are not as friendly and open to joining people as everyone is. 

Anyway, people I know say gathering, melding, and doing soul binding and selling good materia is a good way to make money. Gathering and crafting being the most easily controlled form. 

Other than that... playing tanks and healers for popular and worthy dungeons seems to be the best method as those are the least replaceable roles.

P.S. A friend of mine made 20k or more quickly thanks to crafting, melding and gathering, and that was within an hour or two of her being on, even more cash as she worked longer. I know some people who get decent things from MAPS too. 
So... yeah, but I'm not sure I have the time to commit to all that as much as I'd like. Work an all, as many of you endure.

P.S. Some of us RPers also just aren't ready to let our characters join ICly as well.

I know what you mean. It's going to sound like I'm bragging, though, so I'm gonna spoiler it. Move along, people.

Show Content
Rank 8 with 9 members, or 9 active members. Jeez. That's impressive. Lone wolves can get far I see. Anyway, I'm not too worried about it.
You ever plan on adding real players to the FC? You know, more lone wolves. Like a big lone wolf pack where you can all just look at each other and say:
 "I got this, alone!"
"No I work alone."
"I do, move it!"
"I'm the lone wolf here!"

Then it's just a mess, a beautiful mess.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - ArmachiA - 07-09-2014

We have a lot of "lone wolf" characters in our FC. In general, They seem to be popular among the RP community, so over the years I've put a contingency plan in place in our guild stories where it makes sense a lone wolf guy could join us, go do his own thing ICly, and still have a community to hang out with OOCly.

We're the more populace Night Blades, but had we known the FFXI holdovers from the old guild back in the day were coming to FFXIV, we probably would have stuck with Crimson Blades. AH WELL.

The best you can do if you refuse to join an RP Guild and want to stay a freelancer (Easier in this game then others because of Linkshells) is just wait for personal housing, which as far as I know id still going to be a thing.

FOR the guild having trouble, I'm pretty surprised they got all bought up myself, I think they should have opened more wards. I know we have a dummy FC with a small house, but it's the house we owned for 3 months while saving up for the mansion and we grew all attached to it. I'd look around for guilds who are doing the same, upgrading, and then snatching the house they don't want. You'd probably have to do some digging though -- when the Grim moved from their small house in Mist to their medium in Goblet, the place was bought up within a half hour.

Also, waiting for personal housing too will be a thing, since some people will probably move out of their cottages.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Warren Castille - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 02:21 PM)Lightningtear Wrote: Rank 8 with 9 members, or 9 active members. Jeez. That's impressive. Lone wolves can get far I see. Anyway, I'm not too worried about it.
You ever plan on adding real players to the FC? You know, more lone wolves. Like a big lone wolf pack where you can all just look at each other and say:
 "I got this, alone!"
"No I work alone."
"I do, move it!"

I ain't fartin' on no snare drum.

Google it.

(07-09-2014, 02:29 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: FOR the guild having trouble, I'm pretty surprised they got all bought up myself, I think they should have opened more wards. I know we have a dummy FC with a small house, but it's the house we owned for 3 months while saving up for the mansion and we grew all attached to it. 
I appreciate the admittance, and thank you for your support. I will keep looking Rolleyes.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-09-2014

Kage, Franz and I made an FC and got it to rank 6 with 6mil+ gil in less than two weeks. All it took was about an hour of spiritbonding a day for Kage and I, and about an hour a day of crafting for Franz (average).

It's not that hard, and now we have a place ICly to live. I don't really like the artificial scarcity, but that's why I got up at 3 am for 5 minutes to buy the thing and pass out out again.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 02:49 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Kage, Franz and I made an FC and got it to rank 6 with 6mil+ gil in less than two weeks. All it took was about an hour of spiritbonding a day for Kage and I, and about an hour a day of crafting for Franz (average).

It's not that hard, and now we have a place ICly to live. I don't really like the artificial scarcity, but that's why I got up at 3 am for 5 minutes to buy the thing and pass out out again.
Actually....it was a lot more crafting than that. I spent a good 4-5 hours a day crafting. And could only do that because you two were feeding me all the mats and crystals.

It was fun though. And now you're stuck with a Garlean. In your house. Probably forever.

It's not impossible, it just requires a time investment some people don't have. In the final push for the mansion, in 5 days we raised 22 million. 5 days. 5 million of that came from ONE PERSON and 90% of it came from about 10-15 people. But a lot of people don't have the time or the know how for that kind of push. I know by the time we actually got the damn thing all of us kind of collapsed on the floor and thanked the Twelve it was over. So I understand some people being lost about how to make the money, in this game is can really look like there is NO money to be made.

However, planning ahead is smart. Getting up early, getting the money together ahead of time, knowing it's always going to be more expensive then you thought because it's Square Enix (I was a bit surprised they didn't pull the "Personal rooms are one million gil on Legacy servers!" thing) and understanding this game is much much more populated than we all seem to remember it is is valuable information XD

I'm doing that with personal housing. I'm paranoid as hell and that "800k" Yoshi-p quoted a while ago made me save way over (WAYYY over, but after the mansion push I need to refill some of the coffers to get back up) it just in case. If/when it ever comes out. I'll be up the second it goes live to get the house I want.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Whittledown - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 02:29 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 02:21 PM)Lightningtear Wrote: Rank 8 with 9 members, or 9 active members. Jeez. That's impressive. Lone wolves can get far I see. Anyway, I'm not too worried about it.
 "I got this, alone!"
"No I work alone."
"I do, move it!"

I ain't fartin' on no snare drum.

Google it.

No need for Google, Pip. No need.

Again, thanks for the suggestions. As of now I have been spending the past few hours on crystal shards. It's not that big cash, and I think a guy believes I'm a bot now because of how long I've been here, but at least they're going up fast.

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 03:09 PM)Blue Wrote: Again, thanks for the suggestions. As of now I have been spending the past few hours on crystal shards. It's not that big cash, and I think a guy believes I'm a bot now because of how long I've been here, but at least they're going up fast.

I would do spirit bonding instead. You can only get about 600 crystals an hour, which will maybe be around 60k.

A good round of spirit bonding can easily make you 200-500k.

(07-09-2014, 03:14 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 03:09 PM)Blue Wrote: Again, thanks for the suggestions. As of now I have been spending the past few hours on crystal shards. It's not that big cash, and I think a guy believes I'm a bot now because of how long I've been here, but at least they're going up fast.

I would do spirit bonding instead. You can only get about 600 crystals an hour, which will maybe be around 60k.

A good round of spirit bonding can easily make you 200-500k.
I have looked into it, but it says it requires to convert il55 gear and up in order to get the expensive materia. I can't make any of that stuff yet >_<

RE: Looking for a cottage >_<! - Warren Castille - 07-09-2014

None of the data I've looked at says that i55 has a better Tier4 rate than i49 or even i45 equipment.

Ah, not true, completely. Anything 45+, ANYTHING, has the same change of giving you a IV Materia. Stick to level 45 things (or near it) because it's cheaper BUT you would do well to have a weaver/Leatherworker to can easily HQ those things in order for that to be viable (I've bought on the auction house before, but even the level 45 stuff can eat into your profits if you only end up with 10 Craftsman Cunning III's [IT's HAPPENED].)