Hydaelyn Role-Players
Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. (/showthread.php?tid=7665)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-15-2014

As others have said it sounds really fun!

Also as Erik said it's going to be a lot of work, so good luck.

Our FC house is tiny, but other than that I'd be happy to help however I can, or just attend (time permitting).

Would this be on a NA timeframe? Or an EU one?

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Mr.Phyllo - 07-15-2014

Well, it will be NA, unless the majority are on EU. But I would assume NA. It's still in its very early stages, so once I meet with all of you in game to plan it (I prefer to work face to face) there will be more information available and an official announcement along with an RSVP thread so that we can confirm how many will be in attendance. I would also like to advertise in game for those who aren't on this forum and open it up to new RPErs as well.

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Kage - 07-15-2014

I'm curious as to what the murder mystery part is like.

Does this mean that characters (if they don't want their mains to die) should find alternates? Or...?

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Whittledown - 07-15-2014

(07-15-2014, 05:15 PM)ExKage Wrote: I'm curious as to what the murder mystery part is like.

Does this mean that characters (if they don't want their mains to die) should find alternates? Or...?

I assumed it was literally a "Murder Mystery Party" wherein we would all be there playing the game?

(07-15-2014, 05:16 PM)Whittledown Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 05:15 PM)ExKage Wrote: I'm curious as to what the murder mystery part is like.

I assumed it was literally a "Murder Mystery Party" wherein we would all be there playing the game?

... I feel bad. I have never actually played 'Clue' and I have no idea what Murder Mystery Parties entail >.<;

(07-15-2014, 05:17 PM)ExKage Wrote:
(07-15-2014, 05:16 PM)Whittledown Wrote:

... I feel bad. I have never actually played 'Clue' and I have no idea what Murder Mystery Parties entail >.<;

They are super fun! Basically it's a role playing game wherein the hosts of the party (host, servers, what not) are all playing characters and through the night they start dying and it's up to the guests to solve the mystery and catch the killer.

Ohhh so PCs are the ones trying to catch the killer? Non PCs are the ones dying?

I feel very out of my element but I was intrigued ><;

I just sorta imagined a game of Mafia where people still tried to find the Mafia while getting cut down one by one and then getting lynched..

Of course I don't know exactly what Addison has in mind, but that's my understanding of these sorts of things.

In either case, I'm sure no PC's are going to be dead Big Grin

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Fates Skein - 07-15-2014

I am so in on this!
Murder mystery games/murder mystery theater is usually run where the people 'hosting' the event are actors/actresses.  One designated as the 'killer'.  Then people come and have dinner/dance/etc and while the guests are there, someone runs into the room and says "oh my gosh, such-and-such is dead!" and the guests have to figure out which of the hosts is the killer before they kill everyone. Big Grin

It's a lot of fun, can be very silly (depending on the tone set at the beginning) or even be kind of like an Agatha Christie novel.  ^.^

Mahvashi and C'rhisi both would be available to be used as part of the hosting group/actresses if you need any!

Skiazo Dornier, professional thespian is also at your disposal Big Grin

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Mr.Phyllo - 07-15-2014

Again, I can't express how grateful I am! I'm online right now, usually I'm on through the afternoon/evening/night so if you're on, and want to get together in game to discuss, please feel free to /tell Addison Hines. I'll send you a friend request and we can schedule a time to get together and organize!

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Mr.Phyllo - 08-03-2014

So just an update to keep this thread active:

I am planning for the Ball to happen during the Halloween event given the nature of the plot. I've made a few contacts from here in game and would like to get everyone who wants to help together on a linkshell. I posted this thread early to garner some interest and give myself and the others an ample amount of prep time. :3

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Raz - 08-03-2014

Yo, I'm so down for this. My alt will probably be the one attending, unless I can find some reason for my main to turn up (It really depends on where.)

If you need any help then I'd be glad to offer what I can! Murder mysteries are my weakness. Rolleyes

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Clover - 08-03-2014

Aah, I was very excited when I read this. However, if it'll be in NA timezone, then I won't be able to participate.

Oh well, it still sounds like a lot of fun, I'm sure everyone will have a nice time ;w;

RE: Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help. - Sylvain - 08-04-2014

Awesome idea! Sylvain will help in any way he can. I'll be on regularly this week and will try and find you in game.

I saw that someone during another event had music going and I'd be all about learning how to do such a thing or help someone else create a playlist for the night. I could totally see having certain audio cues to help move the night along without really breaking immersion? So many ideas.