Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ (/showthread.php?tid=7671)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - Kage - 07-16-2014

I think the message that comes up when players are in duty will be that it shows their character but it'll have the red icon with the hover text that they're in duty and/or In another world.

If they're in an instance/duty you can't send them a tell.

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - LiveVoltage - 07-16-2014

I know that. I mean, Ive seen my friends with the red door icon saying they were away on multiple occasions so I know what it means.

Its really all about luck if you manage to catch them while they aren't in a dungeon or offline at that point.

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - LiadansWhisper - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 08:47 AM)ExKage Wrote: I think the message that comes up when players are in duty will be that it shows their character but it'll have the red icon with the hover text that they're in duty and/or In another world.

If they're in an instance/duty you can't send them a tell.

Newp, not for searching.  If you search, and they're not on your friends list, it tells you "Player Not Found."

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - Kage - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 02:27 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Newp, not for searching.  If you search, and they're not on your friends list, it tells you "Player Not Found."

Really? Cause I've searched for people who aren't on my friends list but I'm sorta friends with so I know they -might- be doing R5... and I quite remember searching for them and seeing them as being in T5...

Same thing with CT etc @_@; (my friend's list is small ok ; ; I honestly just use linkshells the most. or fc chat etc)

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - LiadansWhisper - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 02:35 PM)ExKage Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 02:27 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Newp, not for searching.  If you search, and they're not on your friends list, it tells you "Player Not Found."

Really? Cause I've searched for people who aren't on my friends list but I'm sorta friends with so I know they -might- be doing R5... and I quite remember searching for them and seeing them as being in T5...

Same thing with CT etc @_@;  (my friend's list is small ok ; ; I honestly just use linkshells the most. or fc chat etc)

I spent like, four hours at one point, trying to find someone a friend of mine had told me to go talk to about something.  Thing is, they were constantly hopping in and out of dungeons.  When I would use the player search on them, it would come up "Player Not Found."  I was only able to find them when they weren't in dungeons.

¯\(°_o)/¯ 

Possible it was just me.

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - Hiro - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 02:07 AM)LiveVoltage Wrote: I was on today and I looked for you but you were nowhere to be found. I even tried player search and it was like "Could not find player" or some stuff like that.    ._.

Ah well, it doesn't matter. PM me though if you ever need me for something. Always happy to talk.

I may have (totally did) fallen asleep pre-login screen at my desk at work because Iwasworkinglateanddecidedtologonandeventuallywokeuptothejanitorialstaffvacuuming...

Entirely my bad I figure. I'll be on tonight though and will keep an eye out for you~

Also, yes the above reasons are also accurate, a player may be online but if they're in a dungeon or duty or "other world" then they won't be easily looked up via player finder.

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - LiveVoltage - 07-16-2014

Sorry for the late reply, btw.

I wont be on tonight though. Ive been pretty much working on my character wiki all day. Progress is slow, really slow but progressive since I did get a few things filled out.

I know im going to run spam run the new HM dungeons for soldiery tomorrow though so if you feel like metagaming then just give me a holler. It doesn't matter to me if it's OOC or IC though.

Man, progress is slow today. Bad writers block for some reason. Hopefully it clears up and I can finish my wiki before the weekend or next week on Monday.

RE: Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^ - Roen - 07-17-2014

(07-16-2014, 03:08 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I spent like, four hours at one point, trying to find someone a friend of mine had told me to go talk to about something.  Thing is, they were constantly hopping in and out of dungeons.  When I would use the player search on them, it would come up "Player Not Found."  I was only able to find them when they weren't in dungeons.

¯\(°_o)/¯ 

Possible it was just me.
You know. This has happened to me as well.

Even though many others have told me that I should still be able to find people when they are on duty.

Oh! And.. Inessa! Welcome! Big Grin