Hydaelyn Role-Players
Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Appropriateness/Innapropriate (/showthread.php?tid=787)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Nira Muzyka - 10-04-2010

Teh Big Pocking Pack.

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-04-2010

Ah, Poertena, such a wonderful show stealer. Him and Ima Hooker.

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Asyria - 10-04-2010

I like to do a 70's Robin impersonation and say "Holy [insert word appropriate to the situation]" rather than "Holy f-word" (or s-word).

Example:
You get crit for 3k by a giant crab... "Holy crustacean, that hurt!"

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Nira Muzyka - 10-04-2010

UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Ah, Poertena, such a wonderful show stealer. Him and Ima Hooker.
Hahahaha, yeah, Poertena was the best, some of the stuff that came out of that little guy just about had me in tears.

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Faust - 10-04-2010

Context is king. A word is merely a brush stroke on a painting, and a single stroke is never appropriate or inappropriate without consideration to the context of all the strokes before and after it. A cunt is just any other hole until the surrounding organs and tissues are there to define it.

At least that's my personal view.

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Loonymonkey - 10-04-2010

Flerp, ... just gotta get the nyerking nerk out of my head....akakakakak

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Chveya - 10-04-2010

UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Where's my pocking wrench?!

I personally enjoy using explitives in mixed forms.

i.e. Where the frak are my gosh-damned boots? Or: Who the fiddly-**** do you think you are you tiny, unbearably insignifigant piece of doo-doo.

For several years, I worked in a portrait studio environment, so I was pretty much surrounded by kids all the time. Now, under normal circumstances, I cuss like a sailor. But obviously, around kids (and at work) I'm not gonna do that.

But frankly, habit is hard to break, and when you accidentally kneel on something hard, plastic, and sharp-edged, you naturally want to let loose with SOMETHING. Which is why my lexicon now includes such phrases as, "Crap on a stick" and "Son of a monkey".

Kids think it's hilarious; adults who swear a lot themselves tend to be understanding and find it entertaining, as well as being grateful that I didn't use harsher language in front of the kids. And a very few uptight parents still can't find anything to complain about, because nobody actually cussed. Tongue

Trouble is, habit goes both ways, and now I sometimes either drop one of those phrases when I don't need to, or I'll mix 'em. Today I used, "Sh*t on a stick".

I have no idea where the stick part came from. Only that everything is better on a stick. Tongue

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-04-2010

Among my friends I am actually famous for using monkey as a curse word. I have this hatred for most monkeys. And whenever I happen to be around them, I feel as if they feel the same way about me. -.- Friggin' monkeys.

That and I am also infamous for my beasiality phrases that I come up with when my friends are annoying me. I'm fairly sure they are innapropraite for any setting.

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Tyrgard - 10-04-2010

UnbeknownstGhost Wrote:Among my friends I am actually famous for using monkey as a curse word. I have this hatred for most monkeys. And whenever I happen to be around them, I feel as if they feel the same way about me. -.- Friggin' monkeys.

That and I am also infamous for my beasiality phrases that I come up with when my friends are annoying me. I'm fairly sure they are innapropraite for any setting.

*flings poo*

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Faust - 10-04-2010

My preferred expletive is "bag of dicks."

Re: Appropriateness/Innapropriate - Chveya - 10-05-2010

Faust Wrote:My preferred expletive is "bag of dicks."

On a site recently I saw the phrase, 'bag of cocks'. Someone said, "what the hell do you do with a bag of cocks?!".

I said, "They're what you pour your bowl of dicks from".