Hydaelyn Role-Players
So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. (/showthread.php?tid=8580)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Aaron - 10-09-2014

Aaron doesn't wear armor and dual wields not to mention he wears all black. 

If that doesn't spell NIN I don't know what does

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Ragnar - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 09:33 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Erk, I must be the only one not looking forward to Dark Knight, just because there's gonna be so much forced EDGINESS and BROODINESS! It will be very entertaining having Kale react to people looking him in the face and telling him that "I'm like this because I'm a Dark Knight".

Being my usual critical self, but as it's been said in the other thread, one doesn't need an in-game class to validate one's own RP archetype!

I want to make a Dark Knight that has an upbeat attitude now.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Jana - 10-09-2014

Jana will be the cheeriest DRK.

Though I probably won't actually play such a job IC. I just want my two-handed sword DPS. ;-;
But depending on how it's implemented, chances are I will play whatever gun job we get IC though!

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Aaron - 10-09-2014

I just realized everyone in this thread wants to be Bat man.

Well F you im Batman.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Parvacake - 10-09-2014

I could see Lili going Gunner from like FFX-2. Or really any class that would allow for guns.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Erik Mynhier - 10-09-2014

Seriphyn Wrote:Being my usual critical self, but as it's been said in the other thread, one doesn't need an in-game class to validate one's own RP archetype!

Correct, but thats not what im asking. What I am asking is how will new jobs, or any new content that has a logical effect on your character, effect their overall story.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - LadyRochester - 10-09-2014

Beast Master!

Sasha usually uses her charm to get what she wants, so the idea of getting beasts to do her bidding isn't too far-fetched considering her demeanor. After all, she bends people to her will, why not beasts? Laugh

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Aduu Avagnar - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 11:24 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
Seriphyn Wrote:Being my usual critical self, but as it's been said in the other thread, one doesn't need an in-game class to validate one's own RP archetype!

Correct, but thats not what im asking. What I am asking is how will new jobs, or any new content that has a logical effect on your character, effect their overall story.
In the vein on the effect that it has on Nako's character, until I see how they do Red Mage (if they do) then i am going to keep him as he is, an intermediate level caster with a broad knowledge of different types of Magic (owait.... Tongue)

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Boo the Hamster - 10-11-2014

There might be a time where Enju decides to completely abandon the lance if he gets scared enough or persuaded to drop it completely as Alberic had, or even retire from adventuring and remain a DoH/DoL retainer.  It really depends on newer jobs or how my character develops.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Val - 10-11-2014

Val'll be going Ninja because he's always been RPed as dual-wielding knives, and I've always played thieves/rogues in any MMO I've played. I simply didn't have that at the time.

..That being said, don't expect him to run around and tell everyone he's a ninja. He isn't Naruto or one of those other retards. He'll pretty much keep to himself about it and no one will be the wiser!

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Jazz Egi - 10-11-2014

Tally is an arcanist, but this is secondary to her knack for research. She will probably never attain the level of power that comes with a job. Her constant grief and guilt means her future either holds absolution or suicide.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 01:17 AM)Jazz Egi Wrote: Tally is an arcanist, but this is secondary to her knack for research.  She will probably never attain the level of power that comes with a job.  Her constant grief and guilt means her future either holds absolution or suicide.

;_; NO SUICIDE! She's got ~friends~ *adds in sparkles for extra effect*

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Random Encounter - 10-11-2014

Will be a Rogue/NIN once its out, Always played an thief type class in every MMO I touched. That said, his RP front will still be a BRD as usual. Just now his past as an assassin will have an actual job to reflect it instead of the MNK placeholder I was using.

Edit: Ha, apparently I could have just linked Val's post. More or less the same deal xD.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Verad - 10-11-2014

Joining the Rogue brigade as a given. If anybody else wants to teach Verad things and turn him into a dubiously multi-classed monstrosity, that is their business.

RE: So... your character's future and Jobs to come. - Jazz Egi - 10-11-2014

(10-11-2014, 01:26 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 01:17 AM)Jazz Egi Wrote: Tally is an arcanist, but this is secondary to her knack for research.  She will probably never attain the level of power that comes with a job.  Her constant grief and guilt means her future either holds absolution or suicide.

;_; NO SUICIDE! She's got ~friends~ *adds in sparkles for extra effect*

Bawww. But really, most of the jobs just seem too powerful. Like. Summoner involves direct conflict with primals and SCH requires the ressurection of a dead art. I suppose it depends on how quickly these two jobs go mainstream from their singular origins.

Lore nonwithstanding I'd love to see some of my favorite magic classes return such as Time Mage, Red Mage, Elementalist and Sage.