Hydaelyn Role-Players
Something about your character few know... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Something about your character few know... (/showthread.php?tid=8609)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Something about your character few know... - Valke - 10-11-2014

Hm... Let's see...

For Ciel, I'd go with... Very few people know that, in the 21 years she was without memories, she grew close to no personality. So when she recovered her memories recently, she retained a lot of her 8-year-old stubborn Ala Mhigan kid personality traits. Everyone probably just thinks she went from weird to weirder, though.

As for Wayward Sage... Despite being a Roegadyn warrior with a borderline arrogant attitude and feigned disinterest for all the things, she's extremely weak-minded and low on self-esteem because of her twin sister's influence. The only person who knows that is the person who very recently severed that influence and picked up the pieces.

RE: Something about your character few know... - U'roh Tia - 10-12-2014

Roh enjoys Goldsmithing, having picked up the hobby early in his post tribe life he finds it to be a great activity to relax to!

RE: Something about your character few know... - Oroban - 10-12-2014

Khyros practices calligraphy and stonecarving/sculpting in his free time. He also tells absolutely no one. (The time he fell asleep on his work table and got so much junk stuck in his hair he had to hack it off presented problems to the latter, though..)

RE: Something about your character few know... - Kanaria Melkire - 10-12-2014

Kanaria is an open book for the most part... 

Only a handful know that she was deposited on the doorsteps of an Elezen families house as a babe. [Hence her surname.]

She has a brother that she rarely speaks of, due to the fact he's not around all that often, and honestly just showed up from across the Jade Sea a few moons back.

There is two more things... One only two know about, possibly three if he's not dead. However, that is something I really won't even talk about unless necessary. Same goes for the second, Osric only knows the details about this.
Then again... He knows everything about her... Odd how that works.

Tongue

RE: Something about your character few know... - Merri - 10-12-2014

Oh boy. Merri has a ton of little secrets after over four years of character development. Man I can't believe it's already been that long. I feel old.

But, if I had to pick something significant that I don't mind people knowing OOCly, it'd probably have to be his bitchin' skill with a harmonica. Rarely comes up, but he almost always carries one on his person. Doesn't keep it a secret, but not a lot of people know about it.

Nothing like sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere with a friend, sharing stories and playing music late into the night. Go adventure go.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Askier - 10-12-2014

Hmm. Took me a bit to think.of something since Askier doesn't bottle much up, he just sorts unleashes his emotions at people like a tidal wave.

But there is one.

Despit the fact they both hate one another, enjoy hurting one another, plan on killing one another, and that her now dead lover broke Askier mentally, he has a 'thing' for Delial Grimsong.  Now if you asked if that thing is a crush, death wish, remorse, loathing, or murderous intent, I have to say yes because its all true. Askier hates Delial as much as he hates the man who skinned him alive, yet he would be very pissed, and sad, if she died because anyone other than himself blew her up because he secretly is flattered and entertained by her wanting him to kill him, and since he can't kill her due to reasons. . .I rp the most childish of grown miqo'te. >.<

Also Askier sleeps with a stuffed animal. Lol.

As for Atrium, one fun fact, she likes making snowmen.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Ha'uruh Nunh - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 09:31 AM)Askier Wrote: Also Askier sleeps with a stuffed animal. Lol.

Howl also does this - stuffed dog named Ace that's little more than rags at this point.

Both Howl and Annunu killed their own fathers.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Coatleque - 10-12-2014

Only three people know Coatleque's real name.

Only one person (See: Player Character) knows that she's actually quite lewd in private.

RE: Something about your character few know... - cuideag - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 09:31 AM)Askier Wrote: Despit the fact they both hate one another, enjoy hurting one another, plan on killing one another, and that her now dead lover broke Askier mentally, he has a 'thing' for Delial Grimsong.  Now if you asked if that thing is a crush, death wish, remorse, loathing, or murderous intent, I have to say yes because its all true. Askier hates Delial as much as he hates the man who skinned him alive, yet he would be very pissed, and sad, if she died because anyone other than himself blew her up because he secretly is flattered and entertained by her wanting him to kill him, and since he can't kill her due to reasons. . .I rp the most childish of grown miqo'te. >.<
I really do enjoy that tension they have. ;) Such a strange relationship!

RE: Something about your character few know... - Okichi - 10-12-2014

I have too many characters, will only discuss one.

Zhen knows multiple languages, most of them tribal. She had to learn them in case the Matriarch title was passed down to her, as they often traded with other clans in the area.

She was also a member of an eeeeeeeeeeevil cult. It rarely comes up since that story is long closed.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Foxling - 10-12-2014

Fohcswys has a fair amount of trouble with her memory. 

That includes having difficulty with remembering the details of any given day after it's passed. And recalling the appearance/name of anyone that isn't a constant in her life.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Kylin - 10-12-2014

Too many to name over all these years, and I feel like one is insufficient. So here's three!

1. Kylin joined a secret society over five years ago prior to the Calamity, and is now its leader (he has the mark/tattoo on his upper right shoulder blade).

2. His birth name was "Castiel." He changed it to Kylin during his rebellion against his father prior to the Calamity and in honor of his deceased mother, who originally wanted him named Kylin anyway.

3. Due to conspiracies against his mother while she was pregnant, Kylin was born with mana/aether poisoning. He must take medication frequently to keep it at bay, and overtaxing himself with magic use can take a heavy toll on him at times.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Verad - 10-12-2014

Four people know the truth about Verad's past.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Kellach Woods - 10-12-2014

(10-11-2014, 07:42 PM)Jazz Egi Wrote: Nah he just went to the Jojo's Academy of Fabulous Masculinity with the aestheticician and Hildebrand.
Obviously. But it also involves careful discarding of clothing in "appropriate" situations.

RE: Something about your character few know... - Volkai - 10-13-2014

(10-11-2014, 03:34 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: As the title hints at, something that would seem obvious to you, a trait or bit of knowledge about you're character that few people realize or know. Maybe some secret you've only whispered to those closest. Or something that happened in an early RP with people no longer around. Ro simply something that never comes up.

Volkai doesn't even know it himself, but he was actually born within the Garlean Empire. His parents moved to Ul'Dah before he could walk.

When his parents lost track of him (and somehow became convinced he died) during a trip to Limsa Lominsa, they moved away from Ul'dah, actually left Eorzea entirely and moved back to the city he was born in.

Which is also the city his sister was born in.

They're still alive.

==============
Speaking of Kistala.

She's in Ul'dah now, having left military service in the Empire after the Calamity.
So, yeah, she's from the Empire, too. Only, she actually knows it, since she grew up there.