Hydaelyn Role-Players
Recent forum error pages - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Recent forum error pages (/showthread.php?tid=8873)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Recent forum error pages - Blue - 12-12-2014

I guess I should mention this now though it has been going on for a long while (it just never really bothered me)... For a couple months now I have no longer been receiving Alerts for being quoted in threads I did not make.

I still get Alerts when:
- Receiving a PM.
- Someone posts on a thread I made.
- Someone quotes me in a thread I made.
- Someone modifies my reputation.

I just don't get alerts for being quoted in others' threads (such as the Screenshot Thread etc.). I've been trying to fix it through settings but I find nothing of the sort.

[Image: 548a7be522c392161734d92f.jpg]

RE: Recent forum error pages - FreelanceWizard - 12-12-2014

I'll take a look at it. Smile

RE: Recent forum error pages - Blue - 12-12-2014

It's not a terrible hinderance so take your time ^^; I'd hate to make you do extra work when there's other things for you to do.

RE: Recent forum error pages - Atoli - 01-01-2015

Not a forum error per se but DEFINITELY something that doesn't seem right... I just logged onto my account, then logged out so my boyfriend could log onto his. He had typoed his password at first and on his second attempt was suddenly barred entirely from logging in for half an hour. I hopped on my account so as to forward his message on his behalf only to find that my account too was placed on a 30 minute wait as I type this on my phone. Is there any way that this peculiarly harsh restriction be lessened in the future, please?

RE: Recent forum error pages - FreelanceWizard - 01-01-2015

Well, it definitely shouldn't be doing that on the second login attempt. Smile

We do have a relatively strict lock policy because of brute force attempts on people's accounts in the past. However, it's probably a smidge too aggressive at the moment, so I'll loosen it up a bit. I believe that the forum tracks lockouts on a per-IP basis, though, which would explain why it wouldn't let you in during the lockout period either.

RE: Recent forum error pages - Atoli - 01-01-2015

(01-01-2015, 01:20 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: Well, it definitely shouldn't be doing that on the second login attempt. Smile

We do have a relatively strict lock policy because of brute force attempts on people's accounts in the past. However, it's probably a smidge too aggressive at the moment, so I'll loosen it up a bit. I believe that the forum tracks lockouts on a per-IP basis, though, which would explain why it wouldn't let you in during the lockout period either.
 Oh, yeah, I can certainly understand the need to have the lock out in that case. I guess it never crossed my mind that something that serious could\would happen here, I'm too optimisitic. :S Turns out he did log on once prior but successfully after one attempt. Thank you very much for being so responsive and looking into this!

(Edited because texting on my phone without typos is like trying to shoot ants)