Hydaelyn Role-Players
Vana'diel/Eorzea - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Vana'diel/Eorzea (/showthread.php?tid=888)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Blade - 12-13-2010

DAISHI Wrote:I've said plenty that my story has Vana'diel and Eorzea bridging each other. I like it like that.

I don't think I ever said anything really with regards to your story. I'm only talking in terms of official lore.

Re: Vana'diel/Eorzea - DAISHI - 12-13-2010

Understood. But, I wasn't actually replying to you Big Grin

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Zedrick Pendragon - 07-08-2015

I like to think that Eorzea, and Vana'diel are the same place from a different time. We know that we are in the 7th age. maybe Vana'diel is like the Third age or something like that. I like to Rp that my character is from Vana'diel but got sucked into a Voidmaw from Wing expansion and ended up in Eorzea.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - LiadansWhisper - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 02:47 AM)Zedrick Pendragon Wrote: I like to think that Eorzea, and Vana'diel are the same place from a different time. We know that we are in the 7th age. maybe Vana'diel is like the Third age or something like that. I like to Rp that my character is from Vana'diel but got sucked into a Voidmaw from Wing expansion and ended up in Eorzea.

Well, the devs have said they aren't, as far as I know.  We've had one case of crossover - Shantotto showed up briefly for a special event.  But otherwise, nope.

Nice necro, tho.  Big Grin

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Marisa - 07-09-2015

(11-21-2010, 12:40 PM)Blade Wrote: I am definitely curious about something shantotto says though in XI, after she travels and visits "another world very similar to Vana'diel."  People have suggested it to explain her appearance in Dissidia, but I think it could also explain Abyssea, and a possible link to Eorzea if one is there.  Time will tell.
Popoto Witch literally did come to Eorzea though. I can't remember what event that was for, but I specifically remember fighting a 50-foot tall lalafell named Shantotto and getting a pet from it.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - TheLastCandle - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 03:42 AM)Ryoko Wrote:
(11-21-2010, 12:40 PM)Blade Wrote: I am definitely curious about something shantotto says though in XI, after she travels and visits "another world very similar to Vana'diel."  People have suggested it to explain her appearance in Dissidia, but I think it could also explain Abyssea, and a possible link to Eorzea if one is there.  Time will tell.
Popoto Witch literally did come to Eorzea though. I can't remember what event that was for, but I specifically remember fighting a 50-foot tall lalafell named Shantotto and getting a pet from it.

It was during the same anniversary crossover series that brought us Lightning and a Dragon Quest themed quest. And yeah, the Shantotto part's "backstory" mentioned something about a forbidden spell of interdimensional travel or some such thing.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Jana - 07-09-2015

It's been stated that the crossover events are canon to ARR, as Eorzea and the other worlds are linked across dimensions. That said, a character from FFXI's world coming to FFXIV's world need a way to get there. Shantotto had dimensional magic and Lightning was sent across by... Gods or something from FFXIII, I dunno about that game. But they didn't just "turn up" out of the blue.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Yssen - 07-09-2015

Technically every FF world is connected. It has been stated that the Hydaelyn's Void is the same as Vana'diel's Void, the same as Spira's Void, the same as Ivalice's, the same as Gaia's etc. etc. etc. This came about when SE started doing some real definition on the world's the game of the series take place in.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Manari - 07-09-2015

Wow, mega necro bump. This thread is blast from the past. I remember when this discussion was new.

Back at the very beginning of FFXIV, I remember a lot of people RPing their characters from FFXI. It was almost as common as being an exile from Ishgard is now. Some people RPed something as simple as they got on a boat and it ended up in Eorzea, and many others used the cavernous maws as their gate to Eorzea. Then around the time I really started getting hard core into FFXIV RP, this kind of thing was sort of considered taboo, but this was long before 2.0 or the Shantotto event. SE has been screwing around with the lore ever since 2.0 making all kinds of silly things happen in the lore.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Blue - 07-09-2015

(Blade made that post 3 years before the Shantotto event >_>;; ...)

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Marisa - 07-09-2015

(07-09-2015, 10:03 AM)Blue Wrote:

(Blade made that post 3 years before the Shantotto event >_>;; ...)

...woah

I blame Popoto Witchcraft.

RE: Vana'diel/Eorzea - Manari - 07-09-2015

Hahaha, yeah this is an ancient thread with an ancient source of RP drama. I haven't actually seen this one come up recently. But way way before we were arguing over whether or not you can ICly be a White Mage, we were arguing over whether or not you could RP your FFXI character traveling to Eorzea.