Hydaelyn Role-Players
EU Company ? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: EU Company ? (/showthread.php?tid=9378)

Pages: 1 2

RE: EU Company ? - Aelwyna - 12-28-2014

(12-25-2014, 12:50 PM)Sastra Wrote: I can't speak for the others in this, but in Kindred we predominantly have our events in the EU primetime - sometimes in the afternoons as well. But we do also have a lot of US players with us, so in terms of spontaneous and casual RP that's more around the clock really Smile I find it all to be in a good balance as it is right now.

Ok application submitted Big Grin

RE: EU Company ? - Aelwyna - 12-29-2014

Alright, so it seems my application was rejected because you are a "heavy roleplay guild, which is more immersive, more lore-abiding than medium or light RP", and you "do not take the gameplay-classes our characters have IC" ...
That's too bad cos Sastra you seemed like a really nice person, but if this description is accurate then yes we definitively have two different definitions of "fun" Tongue
No hard feelings of course, I've already found another Company which is more in line with my definition of nice & friendly people, so I guess I'll see you ingame some time Rolleyes

RE: EU Company ? - Maril - 12-29-2014

I probably shouldn't reply to this but: KinRP is an FC that has a theme, a style and an intensity level that is clearly explained on both our RPC FC topic and our website. Just because we are an EU company does not mean we will take in absolutely everyone - We still require that people's characters fit into the concept, and we require that people play on the same intensity as us. We have these requirements because accepting people who do not agree with the very foundation of the FC would never have a good experience with us due to clashes in style, interests and desires. I do not want to waste someones time by accepting someone who so elaborately stated that they're not digging the aspect of RP we're digging. In my opinion, it falls upon the shoulders of an applicant to make sure they are applying for a guild that has the qualities they want to see - If an applicant does not do that, they should accept that they may get rejected, especially with FC's that has a screening process. 

I should also note that whilst I generally try to be nice, and answer peoples questions with the information I know, such should not be confused with being set up for an auto-invite. It seems you may have misunderstood me somewhere along the line.

Not really, I think it's you who didn't understand me, it's not about the fact that I can't join your Company, and again seeing how everything went it's clear that I wouldn't have had any fun in it, and the only purpose of a game is to have fun so I'm glad it worked out this way before we all wasted our time with each other...

The thing is, I clearly stated in my application, just like I did here on these boards, that I'm new to this game and I don't have any precise idea about what I'm gonna do with my character, how I'm gonna RP and everything, and I'm just willing to learn ... and just saying to someone "you don't know yet how you're gonna play your character but we know we won't like it", well ... let's just put it this way : I run the largest RP Guild on the TERA EU servers, with about 230 members, and I know I would never have gotten to the point where we are now if I would react this way with new people wanting to join.

But you're probably gonna say that you rather have a "tight-knit" community of a few people who all think exactly alike, so we probably just have different views on different things, so no hard feelings, it's a lot better this way Smile

RE: EU Company ? - Maril - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 05:08 PM)Aelwyna Wrote: Not really, I think it's you who didn't understand me, it's not about the fact that I can't join your Company, and again seeing how everything went it's clear that I wouldn't have had any fun in it, and the only purpose of a game is to have fun so I'm glad it worked out this way before we all wasted our time with each other...

The thing is, I clearly stated in my application, just like I did here on these boards, that I'm new to this game and I don't have any precise idea about what I'm gonna do with my character, how I'm gonna RP and everything, and I'm just willing to learn ... and just saying to someone "you don't know yet how you're gonna play your character but we know we won't like it", well ... let's just put it this way : I run the largest RP Guild on the TERA EU servers, with about 230 members, and I know I would never have gotten to the point where we are now if I would react this way with new people wanting to join.

But you're probably gonna say that you rather have a "tight-knit" community of a few people who all think exactly alike, so we probably just have different views on different things, so no hard feelings, it's a lot better this way  Smile

You're automatically assuming that we give all new players the same treatment - We do not, but we do have a limit on how many we take in at any given time, because new players often can benefit from having a sort of mentor, and to some extend they will need more help than others for a while - Recently we've taken in several, and we're at our limits with how much dedicated help we can give additional people. That might go away in a few weeks, as people learn, and usually we're not unable to take new players in. I'm sure that you can agree a guild should never promise more than they can keep. 

I would appreciate if you didn't call us out this way, honestly. You already started this debate on the application on our site (I wasn't home when you commented, mind.), there's no need whatsoever to take it to a public forum, it serves no constructive purpose.

(12-29-2014, 05:35 PM)Sastra Wrote: You already started this debate on the application on our site (I wasn't home when you commented, mind.), there's no need whatsoever to take it to a public forum, it serves no constructive purpose.

Don't you just love this condescending tone, like you were talking to some poor clueless kid Tongue

I didn't start any debate, I just asked, in my rejected application on your site, for more details than just the standard answer that must have taken this guy about 15 seconds to copy/paste, where I took the time to fill out a full and complete application ... was it too much to ask ??
Are we just supposed to say "oh damn this absolutely awesome Company doesn't want me, I must be really bad, let's just go hide inside in a deep hole or something, and especially, let's not dare ask them anything anymore, their Holiness has already denied my application so that must mean I'm not worthy of their precious time" ...
Again, it's not only what you do, it's also how you do it ...

And, unlike you, I think this serves a very constructive purpose, if I had seen a "debate" like this before here on these public forums, I would never have applied to your Company in the first place and it would have saved the both of us a lot of time, so maybe it will serve someone else now Angel

RE: EU Company ? - Cailean Lockwood - 12-29-2014

That matter between you two should be discussed privately in PM's or such, not by derailing a thread. Please respect that, both of you.

Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread Tongue

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing Rolleyes

RE: EU Company ? - Atoli - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 06:46 PM)Aelwyna Wrote: Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread  Tongue

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing  Rolleyes

I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

RE: EU Company ? - Cailean Lockwood - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 06:48 PM)Atoli Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 06:46 PM)Aelwyna Wrote: Thank you for not telling me what to do with my own thread  Tongue

Besides, the fact that this was public already got me a few support messages and other nice things like that, it seems I'm not the only one to think that way, maybe I'm one of the first to state it publicly so that's a good thing  Rolleyes

I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

This, yes.

(12-29-2014, 06:48 PM)Atoli Wrote: I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

Ah, now this I can understand of course Thumbsup

But don't you think it can be interesting for the people viewing this thread to see different reactions from different people ?
This way they can make up their mind by themselves, and make an educated choice when they want to join a Free Company, based on what they saw here ?

RE: EU Company ? - Atoli - 12-29-2014

(12-29-2014, 07:08 PM)Aelwyna Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 06:48 PM)Atoli Wrote: I think what he's trying to say is that turning this thread from a search for a Free Company that suits your hours into a call-out thread is disrespectful and inappropriate not only to the person you're calling out but also the people viewing the thread and offering help.

Ah, now this I can understand of course  Thumbsup

But don't you think it can be interesting for the people viewing this thread to see different reactions from different people ?
This way they can make up their mind by themselves, and make an educated choice when they want to join a Free Company, based on what they saw here ?

Keep in mind that as it's disrespectful to call out, they'll cast judgement on all individuals and parties involved as matters such as this could have been better settled by privately speaking to Sastra inquiring why you were rejected so the two of you could have come to a respectful understanding and she could even have helped you.

(12-29-2014, 07:10 PM)Atoli Wrote: matters such as this could have been better settled by privately speaking to Sastra inquiring why you were rejected so the two of you could have come to a respectful understanding and she could even have helped you.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I still think that it's better if everyone sees what kind of Free Company the Kindred is, there will be some people who will think "ok Aelwyna is a jerk and Sastra seems awesome so I'll join her Company", and some other people who will think "ok those guys in the Kindred seem too condescending and obnoxious so I'll stay away from them", it's a win-win situation for everyone Tongue

RE: EU Company ? - FreelanceWizard - 12-29-2014

More importantly, call-out threads are not permitted on the RPC (rule #1). If you have an issue with a person or group, please take it up with them privately or on the group's forums, rather than on a public thread here.

Since I don't see a means by which this thread will get back on track, I'm just going to go ahead and close it.

#magicAdminHat